toldailytopic: It is what it is. Sayings and phrases that drive you crazy.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 3rd, 2013 09:27 AM

toldailytopic: It is what it is. Sayings and phrases that drive you crazy.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
It is what it is.

Whatever.

Are you having fun yet?

Are you working hard or hardly working?

You're a racist (spoken to any conservative winning an argument with a liberal)

Everything happens for a reason.

Only God can judge.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays

lawrence.jpeg

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: It is what it is.
Sayings and phrases that drive you crazy.

Yes > It is what it is.

.....you know.....you know.....you know.....

Trust me.

You people.

I'm sure I have others, this will suffice.

Granite

Hall of Fame
When God closes a door he opens a window.

Hang in there.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

What do we/I bring to the table?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Awesome!"...as when the waiter takes my order for some mundane food.

Society has long since lost what the word means as it continues to drive the God who should strike us all with awe out of every nook and cranny of life.

AMR

Buzzword

Even though I have been a perpetrator of both in the past, I'm becoming increasingly aware of and annoyed with the overusage of "epic" and "like."

Somehow EVERYTHING is "epic," from your favorite dish to pictures taken by Hubble.

On the subject of "like" (aka conversation filler), a professor of mine once theorized that the increase in filler is a direct result of the decrease in social acceptance of smoking.
Taking a drag of a cigarette in your hand provides an unconscious PAUSE in the conversation, giving you time to think through your next statement.
Without the arbitrary pause, people just speak nonstop without thinking it through first, and thus:
"So we were like, going to the mall and like, I like didn't want to, like, pay too much for lunch, so I like, tried to take my own, but like, Sherri wouldn't let me eat in her car."

I've learned I sound much more intelligent if I force myself to speak slowly.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is probably not exactly what you meant by the topic, but my daughter has lately started using the phrase, "You can't MAKE me do that."

I hate this. It puts you in a dilemma. I would never do anything to physically hurt my children, but what I say is THE LAW for now. They are not old enough to make certain choices.

My daughter is 10, going on 18.

:sigh:

It's going to be a long decade...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
This is probably not exactly what you meant by the topic, but my daughter has lately started using the phrase, "You can't MAKE me do that."

I hate this. It puts you in a dilemma. I would never do anything to physically hurt my children, but what I say is THE LAW for now. They are not old enough to make certain choices.

My daughter is 10, going on 18.

:sigh:

It's going to be a long decade...

If you hate that one try "Your Not The Boss Of Me" that one will send you into orbit...:chuckle:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grand kids...Granpa and Gramma have eyes in the back of their heads.​