toldailytopic: Is the death penalty unchristian?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The world is still fallen, its what we live with and in. But if seek to follow Christ is must desire that all men live and none shall die.
You ignore all the verse about death as well, there are many more than about hell. Death is the enemy of the Good news and the Kingdom.
You ignore the facts. We still live and die. Jesus did not come so that we would not die, but that we might be saved from the second death. Better your hand be cut off than for it to cause your whole body to be cast into hell.

Did Jesus disagree with God when he spared the women caught in adultery?
No. Jesus is God.

Are you without sin? Can you throw the first stone?
Did I drag a woman before a non-judge with a hypocritical charge?

I am not without sin and therefore will not cast the first stone. Jesus was without sin and could. He choose not to.
Great. Now where is it that He overturned His command that governments execute for great evil?

I think if spent more time in the Gospels and less time in the law you may understand the heart of God, and his desires.
The law is the gospel as you refer to it. Remember the guy who asked Jesus how he might be saved? Jesus said, "Follow the commandments". You know what one of the commands was? Do not murder. Another was against adultery. Both carried the death penalty. Where we're these laws overturned by Jesus?

Indeed, He did not come to overturn the law.

This Charming Manc

Is the death penalty restricted to murderers?

What is the murder rates in countries with the death penalty compared to those without?

Do many of the countries that use the death penalty, also have state oppression of basic civil rights and freedoms ?

No ... the death penalty, IMO, is not a Christian or Secularist issue but rather a human issue that involves the best way to protect society from murderers.

This Charming Manc

She was guilty, she was caught in the act, by the law she deserved to die.

Jesus had the choice, and choose to abate the death penalty. He even implied she had sinned when he told her to sin no more.

The thief at the cross wasn't Jesus judgement.

Did I drag a woman before a non-judge with a hypocritical charge?

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
No ... the death penalty, IMO, is not a Christian or Secularist issue but rather a human issue that involves the best way to protect society from murderers.

The death penalty is not effective in lessening murder. This has been demonstrated and proven. It is nothing more then a tool for vengeance, something that is only for God.

Besides, people who get the death penalty simply have bad lawyers. There are many ways to show the hypocrisy of execution.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
No it hasn't.

You want to play blind man, then fine. That is what hypocrites do. The death penalty has been around for a long time, and murder only increases. You also have 88% of all criminologists saying exactly the same thing- it is not effective. The death penalty is nothing more then a condoling vengeance.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
You want to play blind man, then fine.
No, unlike you, I prefer the truth.
That is what hypocrites do.
And you are TOL's top hypocrite.
The death penalty has been around for a long time, and murder only increases.
Not from those who were executed for doing it.
You also have 88% of all criminologists saying exactly the same thing- it is not effective.
So? Who the hell are they?
The death penalty is nothing more then a condoling vengeance.
You're a moron, but everyone already knew that.

This Charming Manc

The death penalty has been around for a long time, and murder only increases.
Not from those who were executed for doing it.
But as a whole it doesn't seem to have a deterrent effect. Very murders are committed by people who have served time for murder before.

You also have 88% of all criminologists saying exactly the same thing- it is not effective.
So? Who the hell are they?

There the people who study this subjects look at the facts and come to conclusions based on facts, experience and research.

It sounded like an internet argument made up fact so I checked it out

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/study-88-criminologists-do-not-believe-death-penalty-effective-deterrent

The reporting seems one sided, but the study seems sound.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
But as a whole it doesn't seem to have a deterrent effect. Very murders are committed by people who have served time for murder before.
Just like very few children are molested by child molesters? Right :rolleyes:

This is not rocket science. If every single person who committed murder in the last 100 years in this country was swiftly executed, there would be fewer murders. The idiots who did their study ignore this.

Just tell a kid that if they steal a cookie from a cookie jar they will lose their hand. After the first kid can no longer play catch, see how many of his siblings steal a cookie.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Is the death penalty unchristian?

Unchristian. uncharitable: unkind or selfish, and therefore against Christian principles and teachings.

Christian's are to charitable, kind and loving, that doesn't sound very death penalty friendly. Yet there are those even of the household of that are very pro-death penalty, I think sometimes to the of obsession.

The death penalty is a capitol punishment for a capitol crime, the death penalty is the consequences for that crime. The death penalty is suppose to be a deterrent, which of later doesn't seem matter. But those who are executed will not being the crime again, that's for sure.

So is the death penalty unchristian? No, it's a part of a human governmental system that has checks and balances for justice for the slain and consequences for the guilty, and to be sure they condemned are really guilty. Those who work in the justice and prison system who are Christian's I'm sure they understand what capitol punishment is, and those who care it out are aware that of what they are doing, and know that they are protected by the law to carry the death penalty out. And there Christian's who work in the prison system. Could I do it? No.

Two books worth reading...

The author of "The Agent of Death" R. G. Lee was the executioner for five states in the New England area including New York; Lee was a Christian and a Sunday School teacher, few people in his neighborhood knew he was a state executioner. It's an interesting book to read about Lee and his position on the death penalty. Lee said it's a consequences for a capitol crime and must be carried out.

Clinton Duff former warden of San Quentin Prison in California, authored the book "88 Men and 2 Women." He too was Christian and though he didn't like the death penalty and felt it was a poor deterrent, yet still it ended the life of condemned and they wouldn't be committing any more heinous crimes such as murder, and carried it out as prescribed by law. California had, maybe they still do, the Little Lindberg, kidnapping a person with the intent of committing bodily harm, that too carried the maximum of the death penalty, one such person who was executed under the Little Lindberg law was Caryl Chessman the "Red Light Bandit" and author of "Cell 2455".

Executioners like Lee and Warden Duffy are men that were selected by their state prison system as men who could be trusted, impartial and carry out the death penalty, men of strong character.

It is noted in the book "Agent of Death" that R. G. Lee was the executioner for Bruno Hauptmann who kidnapped the Lindberg baby, Lee spoke with the warden at Sing Sing Penitentiary about Hauptmann's guilt, telling the warden that he didn't believe that Hauptmann was guilty, the warden responded with, "I know that, and you know that, and there is nothing you or I can do about it." Not long after that Bruno Hauptmann was put to death in Sing Sing's "Old Sparky".​

Still God has given us human government to deal with crime and punishment or law and order, a mix of non-christians and Christians within that system to carry out the laws and punishments prescribed by law, and what it really shows is how frail we are seeking justice for the victims and and stretching out time on death row.

Last edited:

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Just like very few children are molested by child molesters? Right :rolleyes:

This is not rocket science. If every single person who committed murder in the last 100 years in this country was swiftly executed, there would be fewer murders. The idiots who did their study ignore this.

Just tell a kid that if they steal a cookie from a cookie jar they will lose their hand. After the first kid can no longer play catch, see how many of his siblings steal a cookie.

It seems Sozo has an excuse for everything. Can't just accept Scripture for what it says, has to come up with some excuse to be a barbaric tyrant trying to play God.

A lot of Christians seem to forget that all fall short of God's glory, and it's highly probable of the average Christian that they have not done anything of much significance accept worsen the state of mankind.
You clearly demonstrate that your interpretation of the Christian religion is as stumped and hollowed as a traditional 18th century stiff necked British politician. You are as crooked as a barrel of snakes.

Guildenstern

I think death is only ever reconcilable if one perfectly knows the motive and/or intent of the criminal. Since we almost never know this simple truth about a person's cognition, it seems impossible to have a perfect system as it merely judges the actions of the criminal and not the underlying persona of the criminal.

Thus, what we really have is a complicated mess that presupposes certain actions reveal the degree of a criminal's persona.

We have not come to the correct age, one that could fix the underlying persona. This age, I believe, is to come through once God is fully in control of the world again. Thus, the only justifiable deaths are ones that constitute an excessive degree of murder.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
It seems Sozo has an excuse for everything.
No, I just know God, and you do not. Simple, really.

A lot of Christians seem to forget that all fall short of God's glory
Off topic. Whether or not man is righteous or unrighteous has nothing to do with whether or not man is to be held accountable by man for evil behavior. You don't comprehend this, because you're a moron. Simple, really.

Just because all men are sinners, does not excuse you to be free from punishment for evil behavior. Only a pervert like you would see it otherwise.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
No, I just know God, and you do not. Simple, really.

If you knew God, you wouldn't be talking about executing masses of people.

Off topic. Whether or not man is righteous or unrighteous has nothing to do with whether or not man is to be held accountable by man for evil behavior. You don't comprehend this, because you're a moron. Simple, really.

No, you are just garbage. I'm appalled by some of the things you say. How people on here even say you are somehow a Christian is beyond me. You talk about executing homosexuals and everything else you don't like. You are a Hitler in Christian's clothing.

Just because all men are sinners, does not excuse you to be free from punishment for evil behavior. Only a pervert like you would see it otherwise.

The only one perverted is you. You are nothing but a skeleton, void of any humility or any kind of Godliness.
Your little buddies are going to come on here and defend you, but who really cares. All they are doing is feeding a fraud and everyone knows it, even them. The way you talk to people on here and the things you say are simply unacceptable. You are not a Christian.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
If you knew God, you wouldn't be talking about executing masses of people.
If people were properly executed for evil behavior there would be less people encouraged to practice it. There would be less abortions if abortion was illegal and those who broke the Law were executed for murdering babies.

You don't like this, because you are an evil, hell-bound pervert, who hates Jesus, and hates the Gospel. You are a worthless addition to this site, and a worthless member of society. Evil flourishes because of perverts like you.

I'm appalled by some of the things you say.
Of course you are. Satan hates the truth, and you worship him.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
If people were properly executed for evil behavior there would be less people encouraged to practice it. There would be less abortions if abortion was illegal and those who broke the Law were executed for murdering babies.

You don't like this, because you are an evil, hell-bound pervert, who hates Jesus, and hates the Gospel. You are a worthless addition to this site, and a worthless member of society. Evil flourishes because of perverts like you.

Your whole argument is shallow and stupid. Executions have been 'properly done' for centuries and guess what? In the end, it does absolutely nothing but add more death. You have already been shown that it is not effective, and murders just increase. Trying to teach not to kill by killing is a mortal hypocrisy.

Everything you just stated about me personally is ill afforded, and that is because you are nothing but poison.

You are a bad joke. I would tell everything about how I feel about your phony self but then I'd get banned for it. I don't have the luxury of being able to go outside the rules all the time without consequence. You ride on hypocrisy because you are nothing but hypocrisy. You can go straight to Hell, buddy.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Your whole argument is shallow and stupid.
Look, it's no secret to anyone that you are a phony, who denies who Jesus is, and who rejects the Gospel. It is no surprise that you hate the truth concerning how to deal with evil behavior. Your earthly (demonic) wisdom is meaningless to those who are in Christ. Yes, God knows you are a fool, but He also knows that you will remain a fool until you accept His Son. But, you are too proud and full of yourself to do that, so we cannot help you here.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Look, it's no secret to anyone that you are a phony, who denies who Jesus is, and who rejects the Gospel. It is no surprise that you hate the truth concerning how to deal with evil behavior. Your earthly (demonic) wisdom is meaningless to those who are in Christ. Yes, God knows you are a fool, but He also knows that you will remain a fool until you accept His Son. But, you are too proud and full of yourself to do that, so we cannot help you here.

If it's no secret that I do not agree with what blowhard phonies like you believe, and it's no secret that it's simply tradition that keeps blowhard phonies like you around. As far as accuracy and whatnot, you and others like you are simply a laughing stock.