toldailytopic: How did the universe come into existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That would different than "impossible"
That's right. It is possible to create something out of nothing. It's only impossible for us or for our universe to do it. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's cool... I can dig it... just so long as you don't go asking for a more detailed timeline breakdown or anything like that... :)

Genesis 2 is a detailed explination of the 6th day, but not so much a timeline.

As for Knight's question; God knows where our heart's are, and found it necessary to tell us right out of the gate.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In the beginning God created--and that settles it for me. The universe creating itself out of nothing is just ludicrous. You have to begin with someone creating it.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
If a Supernatural Force
Supernaturally created this
Universe then wouldn't this
Universe be Supernatural?-----fool. Yes the universe is supernal is essence. It is a supernatural phenomenon. This does not mean that all activity in the universe is supernatural. It is ruled by the laws of physics which are themselves a supernatural phenomenon. Nothing beyond those laws can occur without intervention from the being who caused the universe to exist.

Skavau

Typical agnostic tripe. They won't state what they believe but they pick on everyone else.

Except it isn't. Agnosticism is about not being capable of knowing whether or not God exists or not. Squishes might have been picking fault, but it was picking fault with logic. He did not affirm that anyone else here was wrong.

John Mortimer

The Creator first created a spherical void by withdrawing His consciousness into a singularity.
A spherical quantum field was then created from the Creator's Own Being, forming a spherical region within the void. The Creator then imposed certain thought-forms and structures upon the quantum field, sending self-aware extensions of Himself into the sphere in order to co-create from within the sphere itself. (The Elohim were such extensions).

WizardofOz

How did the universe come into existence?

I have read a lot of "big bang" responses......so, what caused the big bang? Either the universe is eternal or we're dealing with something supernatural and/or outside physical laws as we comprehend them.

I do not believe the physical universe to be "eternal", therefore I have concluded that a supernatural force or being created the temporal universe as we experience it.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Out of what?

In Theism you are beginning with Someone creating the universe out of nothing. With the big bang model which is accepted by many atheists, the universe is creating itself out of nothing. :dunce: I'll take the model where the universe is created by an all powerful God, thank you.

I don't know if you are a steady state theorist or a big bang theorist. I won't make any assumptions on your beliefs about origins.

fool

Hall of Fame
I have read a lot of "big bang" responses......so, what caused the big bang? Either the universe is eternal or we're dealing with something supernatural and/or outside physical laws as we comprehend them.
There ya go.
I do not believe the physical universe to be "eternal", therefore I have concluded that a supernatural force or being created the temporal universe as we experience it.
Non sequiter

Silent Hunter

In Theism you are beginning with Someone creating the universe out of nothing.
:dunce:

With the big bang model which is accepted by many atheists, the universe is creating itself out of nothing.
. . . NOT what the "theory" says.

I'll take the model where the universe is created by an all powerful God, thank you.
. . . out of nothing . . . oh, wait . . . matter CAN'T be created.

I don't know if you are a steady state theorist or a big bang theorist. I won't make any assumptions on your beliefs about origins.
Post #6.

GuySmiley

This thread need definitions.

Natural - all the material and energy in the universe.

Supernatural - anything that is not natural.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Inzl
Kett
You have to begin with
someone creating it.
Out of what?----fool. From within himsele, namely his power. He expressed that supernatural power in the form of energy and made that energy conform to a set of rules.

Silent Hunter

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
What fool is saying is that since science is not completely sure it totally understands all the laws of physics, there could be an unknown law that was at work in the beginning to cause something to come from nothing. Am i correct fool?

Status
Not open for further replies.