toldailytopic: How did the universe come into existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pqmomba8

Sorry but I'm not in the Squishes camp of: "we can't know anything but I'm just positive that you are wrong". If someone asks me how you make an omelet... I tell them.

If it turns out I was wrong... then it turns out I was wrong.... but in the meantime, (and until I am convinced otherwise) I have no problem stating my viewpoint on issues.

Knight (or the most interesting man in the world, as your avatar seem to suggest :)), I have a question for you. Somewhat different from the OP, but related. How are you different from a Muslim who is just as convinced as you are that s/he is right and knows where s/he is going? How about a Jew or a Hindu or....or.....or.....well you get my point, right?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry but I'm not in the Squishes camp of: "we can't know anything but I'm just positive that you are wrong". If someone asks me how you make an omelet... I tell them.

Typical agnostic tripe. They won't state what they believe but they pick on everyone else.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...related....
Your question isn't related to the OP. :nono:

It's retarded to the ..

:think: No. Wait.

It's just retarded. :plain:

Try again with some effort into thought this time. :thumb:

fool

Hall of Fame
If it's impossible (based on scientific fact), yet it happened then...
...it's possible and your "scientific facts" just changed or more accuratly your understanding of them did.
something outside of natural must be the explanation.
Non sequiter
Now... are you going to take a whack at providing your own belief on this topic or did I miss it?
Oh, sorry
Big Bang
13.7 Billion years ago

pqmomba8

Your question isn't related to the OP.

It's retarded to the ..

No. Wait.

It's just retarded. :plain:

Try again with some effort into thought this time. :thumb:

Well that was rude and uncalled for..............

Speaking of "retarded" - I'm not the one who believes in invisible men in the sky, magical trees, talking snakes / donkeys, living in a whale's belly. Not that I'm saying that people who believe that are retarded.....ummmm..... well, may be I am. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight (or the most interesting man in the world, as your avatar seem to suggest :)), I have a question for you. Somewhat different from the OP, but related. How are you different from a Muslim who is just as convinced as you are that s/he is right and knows where s/he is going? How about a Jew or a Hindu or....or.....or.....well you get my point, right?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy, way, way, way...... off topic. Sorry.

fool

Hall of Fame
It's called science, fool. We make observations and do experiments and call things laws based on the fact that they have never been shown false.

One of those laws is that you can't create something out of nothing.

In our universe that is impossible, thus we must postulate something unconstrained by our universe as the source of everything.

Which makes no sense.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well that was rude and uncalled for..............

Speaking of "retarded" - I'm not the one who believes in invisible men in the sky, magical trees, talking snakes / donkeys, living in a whale's belly. Not that I'm saying that people who believe that are retarded.....ummmm..... well, may be I am. :)
Then that was rude and uncalled for and you're a hypocrite on top of being wrong about the origin of being. :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.