toldailytopic: Gays in the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:yawn:

Well, MC, at least you didn't actually say anything else. Maybe you are finally learning when you look dopey and to close your trap.:chuckle:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
A review of every public and private, secular and religious institution should indicate that there is no effective way of screening to determine one's sexual preference - and even if it existed, I seriously doubt that it would be considered constitutional.

Assuming that 2-13% of the adult population is thought to have a "gay" sexual orientation, there have been 44 American presidents in US history meaning that it is well within the realm of statistical probability that at least one Commander in Chief was a homosexual.

For most soldiers serving in a foxhole and fighting for his/her life, I doubt most have had the luxury of wondering about the implications of having an individual positioned next to them with a different sexual orientation.

Last edited:

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
A review of every public and private, secular and religious institution should indicate that there is no effective way of screening to determine one's sexual preference - and even if it existed, I seriously doubt that it would be considered constitutional.

Assuming that 2-13% of the adult population is thought to have a "gay" sexual orientation, there have been 44 American presidents in US history meaning that it is well within the realm of statistical probability that at least one Commander in Chief was a homosexual.

For most soldiers serving in a foxhole and fighting for his/her life, I doubt most have had the luxury of wondering about the implications of having an individual positioned next to them with a different sexual orientation.

Agreed.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
:yawn:

Well, MC, at least you didn't actually say anything else. Maybe you are finally learning when you look dopey and to close your trap.:chuckle:
I think you are giving her too much credit.

Yeah that.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sigh.

Morality is defined by an ultimate moral authority, God. If you are a non-believer, then you have no objective moral truths.

Sin is “any want of conformity unto or transgression of the law of God” (1John 3:4; Romans 4:15), in the inward state and habit of the soul, as well as in the outward conduct of the life, whether by omission or commission (Romans 6:12-17; Romans 7:5-24). Sin is not a mere violation of the law of our constitution, nor of the system of things, but an offense against a personal lawgiver and moral governor who vindicates his law with penalties. Some sins in themselves, and by reason of various aggravations, are more heinous in the sight of God than others (Jn. 19:11; 1 Jn. 5:16).

Since God, speaking through the inspired prophets authoring the books of the bible, declared homosexuality a sin, then it is a sin. See: Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9,10; 1 Timothy 1:10.

Thus, homosexuality is just one of a litany of the decay of the perfect moral state found in original creation.

As all sinners, homosexuals can be Christians. All sin is objectionable to God. Since homosexuality is often practiced openly ("in your face"), the reaction by some who have wandered off the “love thy neighbor” reservation is over the top. It may also be the case that anyone that seems to revel in their sin is defiant or disingenuous, if they are a self-professed Christian. I believe that the true Christian homosexual struggles daily with their sinful nature.

Some resources regarding homosexuality and the bible to help you understand the more:

Myths About Homosexuality:
Homosexual Myths

Theology and Homosexuality:
Homosexual Theology

No one is born a Homosexual:
ACPEDS - College Cautions Educators About Sexual Orientation in Youth

For me, homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, and one that can be rejected with proper counseling.

1 Cor 6:9-11
9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,
10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God.
11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

We are not mere animal brutes following our instincts, we make choices according to our greatest desires at the moment we so choose. We are thus, self-determined moral agents.

Happiness to Christians is more than the needs of the flesh. Active homosexuals must continue to pray for strength to resist their urges and strive to be obedient to the scriptures.

Now on to the point of the OP:

When all is said and done, the issue for those of us who have actually experienced combat up close and personal, is simple: will my fellow soldier in combat do his duty when the time arises? Those who have actually been in combat will know that the man who will not perform to expectations has a certain fate awaiting him. I need not say more, for those that know whereof I speak "get it". ;)

AMR

lucy

Granted, women will not usually say it in front of men butt :)chuckle:) they do check out a guys back side about as often as their counterparts. I'm sure your just not very experienced (as a virgin) in these matters.

Uh, how would you know what women check out or don't check out?
We don't check out butts of men at the same "rate" that men do. More often we check out faces, chests, muscular build, and most importantly, personality.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I really get a kick out of the idea of draft-dodging politicians who got three deferments during 'Nam who happen to be closeted homosexuals who insist on preventing gay men and women from serving.:rotfl:

I mean, you can't make this stuff up.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Uh, how would you know what women check out or don't check out?
We don't check out butts of men at the same "rate" that men do. More often we check out faces, chests, muscular build, and most importantly, personality.

Some like chests.

Some like legs.

Some like butts.

I guess I must have been talking about the butt people and not you specifically.

Personality?

Checking out= to look at, to observe, such as she/he was passing by and the man/woman observed that their form was pleasing, well shaped..........

Personality comes at a later stage, such as when a relationship has been started.

Women are becoming more vocal! Might have had something to do with Women's Suffrage!

lucy

Some like chests.

Some like legs.

Some like butts.

I guess I must have been talking about the butt people and not you specifically.

Personality?

Checking out= to look at, to observe, such as she/he was passing by and the man/woman observed that their form was pleasing, well shaped..........

Personality comes at a later stage, such as when a relationship has been started.

Women are becoming more vocal! Might have had something to do with Women's Suffrage!

True, there are different likes/dislikes for women as well as men. The point is, a guy can be Mr. Plain or Mr. Wimpy and even have a few warts and pimples on his face, but still be accepted by a woman because he has a clever personality. You can't often say that about men and their likes/dislikes of women.

Also, I made the distinction that we don't check out the eye candy as much as you guys do....

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
True, there are different likes/dislikes for women as well as men. The point is, a guy can be Mr. Plain or Mr. Wimpy and even have a few warts and pimples on his face, but still be accepted by a woman because he has a clever personality. You can't often say that about men and their likes/dislikes of women.

Also, I made the distinction that we don't check out the eye candy as much as you guys do....

You speak for all women, or just for yourself?

Times, they are a changing!

lucy

You speak for all women, or just for yourself?

Times, they are a changing!

True, times are changing, but c'mon now, you know guys check out the girls more frequently than women! That's why you guys get into trouble at times when you are out with your girlfriend or wife, right, you see, you stare a little too long, and the girlfriend notices you are noticing, and what happens?

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
True, times are changing, but c'mon now, you know guys check out the girls more frequently than women! That's why you guys get into trouble at times when you are out with your girlfriend or wife, right, you see, you stare a little too long, and the girlfriend notices you are noticing, and what happens?

Of course we check out women frequently, that's how we are made, God said "go forth and multiply"! So we are just looking to see which one's appear to be good child bearing partners. It's not something you can flip a switch and turn off.

When the wife, girl friend, the one your with, thinks you have let your look linger to long is just being insecure. Don't get crazy on them, they probably are doing it out of reflex and are not planning on any type of rendezvous.

And if they are, dump the cheater, it is a good thing to learn early on if a relationship is building.

:rotfl: :maxi: Or set him straight, either way it will happen again in the future, it has been ingrained over many centuries and is an instinctive reaction, and women do it also, they are just better at hiding it than guys.:crackup:

Boy friend; Are you checking that guy out? Girl friend; No honey I was just thinking how nice you would look in that shirt! :rotfl:

lucy

Of course we check out women frequently, that's how we are made, God said "go forth and multiply"! So we are just looking to see which one's appear to be good child bearing partners. It's not something you can flip a switch and turn off.

When the wife, girl friend, the one your with, thinks you have let your look linger to long is just being insecure. Don't get crazy on them, they probably are doing it out of reflex and are not planning on any type of rendezvous.

And if they are, dump the cheater, it is a good thing to learn early on if a relationship is building.

:rotfl: :maxi: Or set him straight, either way it will happen again in the future, it has been ingrained over many centuries and is an instinctive reaction, and women do it also, they are just better at hiding it than guys.:crackup:

Boy friend; Are you checking that guy out? Girl friend; No honey I was just thinking how nice you would look in that shirt! :rotfl:

Ha, ha, ok, I'm sure there are some women who do the same. Can't speak for all of them, only myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.