toldailytopic: Gay marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We do not get to pick and choose and justify.Galatians 5:2-4 (New International Version) 2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
Governments are not allowed to make laws? :squint:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There is no such thing as gay marriage.

...or shoe forks. :plain:

Right, a gay marriage is a happy young carefree marriage and we all grow beyond it. There is no other real definition.

I care little about the issue, yet I pray for sinners, all sinners.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Then why do you mix the two?
I didn't. I addressed you. You said homosexuals are deserving of death. That statement comes directly from Leviticus 20 which is Old Covenant law. You call for the death of homosexuals. I want to know if you support the death penalty for all Old Covenant law or not.

madman

Yeah, there is sure some nonsense in that.
You simply lack the intelligence to discern between our relationship with God through Jesus Christ based on His righteousness, and our relationship with one another based on morality through laws.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You simply lack the intelligence to discern between our relationship with God through Jesus Christ based on His righteousness, and our relationship with one another based on morality through laws.
Morality is not found in laws.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
So what should a government do about murderers?
Depends. Some are deserving of the death penalty, others are not.
Stripe said:
Not a very applicable passage then, is it? If homosexuality is made illegal it will be made illegal by the government, not by me.
But we advocate those laws. As a Christian, I live under the New Covenant so I am extremely unwilling to put people back under the Old Covenant.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Depends. Some are deserving of the death penalty, others are not.
:squint:

So are some homosexuals deserving of the DP and others not?

But we advocate those laws. As a Christian, I live under the New Covenant so I am extremely unwilling to put people back under the Old Covenant.
Extremely unwilling, yet you do advocate that the government uphold justice and punish criminals. Sounds like you've got a serious disconnect somewhere, mate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.