toldailytopic: Gay marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 6th, 2010 11:05 AM

toldailytopic: Gay marriage.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

madman

I'm going to go with God's word on this one...

Those who do such things are worthy of death.

madman

All are worthy of death. Why did God single out homosexuals as especially worthy?
Yes, we are all worthy of death (eternal separation from God). However, some are worthy of being put to physical death because of their behavior in this life.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Yes, we are all worthy of death (eternal separation from God). However, some are worthy of being put to physical death because of their behavior in this life.
Are you willing to support death for all the Old Covenant laws that require it? Including stoning your own children should they become overly disrespectful?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Yes.

Why?

What have you heard? :noid:
I have heard that if you circumcise your self to part of the law then you must obey the whole law (all 613 or so of them), you must keep them all perfectly and that Jesus's sacrifice is of no value to you.

assuranceagent

I have heard that if you circumcise your self to part of the law then you must obey the whole law (all 613 or so of them), you must keep them all perfectly and that Jesus's sacrifice is of no value to you.

Sounds like a lot of work. What if you just want to stone your children on occasion? Is there a loophole or something? :idunno:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a lot of work. What if you just want to stone your children on occasion? Is there a loophole or something? :idunno:
I don't think there is a loop hole for stoning, but I have heard you can use a cane or a rod as needed.

madman

Are you willing to support death for all the Old Covenant laws that require it? Including stoning your own children should they become overly disrespectful?
Are you willing to remove all punishment for evil behavior? Sounds like you are.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You gotta pick and choose what you take from OT law. You cannot declare all things are currently applicable and nor can you declare none of them as applicable. Make a selection and justify it.

Choose well.

Me? I say DP for murder, kidnapping, adultery and lying to a judge to falsely incriminate or cover up the same. Why? Because those are social laws that a government might be expected to protect its citizens with.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Are you willing to remove all punishment for evil behavior? Sounds like you are.
There is only one unforgivable sin and it ain't sex. That means that homosexuality is a forgivable sin no longer deserving of death. Nor is it deserving of legal protection or status, it is still wrong.

So, are you willing to stone all that the old covenant says should be stoned? Including children? Including your children? (Yes, this is inflammatory but it is also mandatory under the old covenant.)

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You gotta pick and choose what you take from OT law. You cannot declare all things are currently applicable and nor can you declare none of them as applicable. Make a selection and justify it.

Choose well.

Me? I say DP for murder, kidnapping, adultery and lying to a judge to falsely incriminate or cover up the same. Why? Because those are social laws that a government might be expected to protect its citizens with.
We do not get to pick and choose and justify.

Galatians 5:2-4 (New International Version)

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is only one unforgivable sin and it ain't sex. That means that homosexuality is a forgivable sin no longer deserving of death. Nor is it deserving of legal protection or status, it is still wrong.

Is it possible to forgive murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.