toldailytopic: Eternal torment, Annihilationism or Universalism, which do you believe

Timotheos

Why not make it clear they would become non-extant?

Like where the Bible says "The wicked will be no more"? Psalm 37:10
It couldn't GET any more clear, and yet you still deny it.
You have proven that you are not interested in the truth. You will not budge from your false position no matter what the Bible says.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
You are an idiot. What do you think that post proves? If you believe that the wicked go to hell to be tortured alive forever when they die, simply post the verse that says that. There is no reason to mock me at all, if the Bible supports your dumb ideas, then post it. If you can't then stop being stupid.

Might as well ask him to stop breathing. It's all he's got. His only function here is to be an idiot for attention. But nobody cares how much he drags the place down so ignore him.

Timotheos

timmy's a retarded attention hound :idunno:

Actually, I am not retarded. I have a degree from the University of Wisconsin. You seem a little retarded and you are definitely an attention hound. I would ignore you but I am using you to make a point. People who believe in eternal torture can't defend their dogma with scripture. The doctrine of Conditional Immortality is fully supported by scripture. The more b nonsense you post, the more my point is made.

Timotheos

Here's more Biblical Proof for Annihilationism:

2 Peter 2:1
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

As you can see from this verse, the penalty is swift destruction, which is what Annihilationism (Conditional Immortality) teaches. The penalty is not slow and eternal torture as the false doctrine of Eternal Tormentism claims.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
i believe you covered all this yesterday

you remind me of my nephew with aspergers

all he wants to talk about is professional wrestling

do you have aspergers?

Timotheos

i believe you covered all this yesterday

you remind me of my nephew with aspergers

all he wants to talk about is professional wrestling

do you have aspergers?

Good Morning Sod.
This is the topic of this thread, so this is what I'm talking about here.
If the topic were professional wrestling, and if I knew anything about pro wrestling, I would talk about that. If you don't want to talk about this, there are other topics on TOL that you can go to. In fact, why don't you go there? Perhaps you can go to the thread where all you talk about is how much your loins ache to see Rusha burn alive.

But here is a Proverb for you:
Wisdom rests in the heart of a man of understanding,
but it makes itself known even in the midst of fools.

I am giving the Biblical Evidence for Conditional Immortality, also known as Annnihilationism. The topic here is "Eternal Torment, Universalism or Annihilationism, which do you believe and why.

I'm sticking to the topic. There is nothing wrong with that.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Just because I didn't change my position the first time you called me retarded? You didn't offer any scriptural support, you didn't offer any proof of your position, there was nothing to indicate that you knew anything at all. Why should I change my opinion to match your uninformed opinion? I agree with the Bible, and I posted the proof of that. You don't agree with the Bible, so I can't agree with you.

If you would post something that supports your false dogma, I would believe you. If there were a verse in the Bible that says "The wicked will go to hell when they die where they will be tortured forever," that is all it would take.

But you haven't done that. Your insults won't change my mind. Your insults just prove that you don't know what you are talking about.
In my attempt to figure out to whom you were referring in the post V45 quoted I saw this when I clicked on "View Post" [because I have you on ignore]. I only checked because I wanted to make sure V45 wasn't referring to me. I assumed he was referring to resurrected, and I was right.

But I want to set something straight here; I never called you retarded. That wasn't me, that was resurrected. I have stopped insulting you, in fact I have stopped arguing with you altogether. I'm interested only in dealing with V45 now. If you want to deal with what I offered him, go ahead. But I will not be responding to you regarding any of it.

Timotheos

Lighthouse, I'll just continue posting the scripture proving that there is only eternal life in Christ and death without Christ. Ignore the scripture if you want. I don't care. I'm glad you aren't responding because that means you aren't insulting any more. I hope that what I post helps someone understand the truth, even if you are determined not to. If you didn't call me retarded it was some other meaningless insult. The meaning is all the same. I put "Resurrected" on ignore, so I won't be mistaking his meaningless insults for your meaningless insults.

Last edited:

Timotheos

2 Peter 3:7-9
But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Peter tells what will happen to ungodly men, they will be judged and then destroyed. All ungodly men will perish unless they repent. And this is exactly what Jesus said in Luke 13:3, "Unless you repent, you will likewise perish."

When the Bible is taken in it's entirety, It supports Conditionalism (Annihilationism) and it refutes Tormentism completely.

Timotheos

why not call it the second death?

that is what the bible calls it

Okay. I believe the second death is the same kind of death as the first death. It just happens after the first death, so it is called the second death. (There is a resurrection in between the first death and the second death.)

Isn't it funny how it all makes sense when the words are allowed to mean what the words mean? It would be "retarded" to think that the second death actually means "eternal life in hell being tortured alive forever.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's interesting how people have redefined death by ignoring passages that state we were dead in our trespasses before being made alive in Christ. Or that our bodies are now, currently, at this moment, dead because of sin but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. And the like.