toldailytopic: Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No.

But the real question is whether or not an Arabic Christian can use the term "Allah" to mean "God."

Yet even then one must wonder why English speaking Muslims still use the term "Allah" if it is merely the Arabic word for "God." Why do they insist on using the Arabic terminology in their worship and prayer rather than the English translations?:think:

this is a trick question
if
you say no, you are suggesting there are two Gods
if
you say yes, you are denying the divinity of Jesus
so
the correct answer is Muslims have an incorrect view of God
There are such things as false gods.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Can you "worship" the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and still not have salvation?

Did the Pharisees "worship" the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No the Muslims do not worship God, they may think they worship the God of Abraham, but this means very little, not much had been revealed until the coming of Jesus, who they, in fact, deny.

Many here hold false assumptions, as to the nature of God, which is always a risk, yet to deny Him in Christ, which is to not know Him, for it is written.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Same God different religion.

I see. So.....

Judaism-Christianity = same God, different religion.

Islam-Christianity = different God, different religion.

Why do you say Judaism shares a God with Christianity but Islam doesn't? All 3 religions trace their history back to Abraham.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Um No, I just can't agree with this.

Then you know very little about religion. I don't want to hear your contemptuous baggage about how your God does this and that, it's a solid fact that they believe in the God of Abraham. Muslims even think Jesus as the Messiah., like I said, they all just have different beliefs and testimonies.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Then you know very little about religion. I don't want to hear your contemptuous baggage about how your God does this and that, it's a solid fact that they believe in the God of Abraham. Muslims even think Jesus as the Messiah., like I said, they all just have different beliefs and testimonies.

Christianity is the belief that Jesus is the Messiah. It is ONE belief not "different beliefs".

Seydlitz77

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 19th, 2011 11:02 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

There is only one God over us and all sects of Christianity and Islam claim to worship Him. Whether or not their doctrine and principles lead them to truly worship Him or merely a mortal conception of "god" is for God to decide and judge, not me.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Christianity is the belief that Jesus is the Messiah. It is ONE belief not "different beliefs".

I need not waste time dealing with such lunacy. There are differing beliefs, same God. It is a very simple truth.
Your post is a straw man, and you and others make yourselves look stupid spouting about your convictions on a fact :thumb:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I see. So.....

Judaism-Christianity = same God, different religion.

Islam-Christianity = different God, different religion.

Why do you say Judaism shares a God with Christianity but Islam doesn't? All 3 religions trace their history back to Abraham.

Judaism worships an incomplete revelation of the same GOD Christians worship.
Islam OTOH worships an entirely different diety...one who thought it good to provide a counterfeit "bible" through the revelation of one man.
The Bible is the progressive revelation given through many prophets across the span of time.
The counterfeit bible has the same characters but changes the history to suit it's ends. The counterfiet religion denies the Messiah.

Who is it that's into counterfeiting the Work of GOD?

:think: Hmmmm could it beeeeee....

SATAN

dana-carvey-snl.png

Mormans are decieved as well....a religion founded by an irritable teenager who was sure everybody else had it wrong. :nono:

elohiym

Why do they insist on using the Arabic terminology in their worship and prayer rather than the English translations?:think:

Maybe it's because they prefer them to the Hebrew names for God that you use?

Oh wait, you don't use the Hebrew names for God.

You call Yeshua ... Jesus. :plain:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I need not waste time dealing with such lunacy. There are differing beliefs, same God. It is a very simple truth.
Your post is a straw man, and you and others make yourselves look stupid spouting about your convictions on a fact :thumb:

Bye bye...:1Way: :)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The one true GOD has spoken truth about Himself into space and time through His Hebrew prophets, through His Son and the disciples which He chose.
Islam claims that GOD has spoken through the Koran.
The Koran contradicts the Bible.
Truth is non-contradictory.
"Let GOD be true, but every man a liar."
Allah is not the GOD of the Bible.
The Arabs descended from Abraham, but contrary to popular belief, Muslims do not honor the GOD of Abraham.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Last edited: