toldailytopic: Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What does it mean to worship the same God as someone else? Does it mean that your theologies match? Or something else?

Do Jews and Christians worship the same God?
Do Mormons and Christians worship the same God?

how many Gods do you think there are?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes ... they do. They just follow different *rule books*.

elohiym

I seriously believe those who believe Jesus is God do in fact sin

1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1158 people in the U.S. will be murdered by Catholics today.

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

You still don't get it, do you?

some other dude

OK. So everyone worships the same God.

Even those who are the children of Satan?

John 8:42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

elohiym

How do you?

You didn't answer the question.

My answer:

1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

elohiym

I have?

I've implied that those who are of their father the devil believeth in Christ? :freak:

Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Dude.

Covered by Christ's sacrifice.

Do you believe that those infused with the Spirit can sin?

Yes. Everyone is "infused" with the Spirit. What do you think animates your flesh since you are essentially just clay without His breath (Spirit)?

Receiving the Spirit is more than just having it, dude. 1 John 1:9.

elohiym

Oooohh - a different brand of crazy.

I haven't seen this one yet.

Do tell.

I'll pass on your tardliness.

Thanks. :e4e:

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.