toldailytopic: Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
if we don't worship the same God, there must be more than one
so
how many are there?

They worship the God of the Bible or at least the Muslims claim the God of the Bible. They believe in the OT prophets. They believe that Jesus was a prophet but they don't believe that He was crucified. They don't believe He was crucified because God would not do that to a prophet (so they say). Not that God did it. I think you know what I mean.

There is one God but their God is not my God. The Quran is different from the Bible but they claim the God of the Bible.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. Muslims do not worship the God of the Bible. If they adhere to the teachings of Islam described in their so-called holy book, they are to be considered lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent.

http://www.letusreason.org/Islam6.htm

AMR

Last edited:

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Islam is an Abrahamic religion, so technically yes. Jews, Muslims, and Christians all circle around the same God, they just have different beliefs and testimonies.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
What is Islam and what do Muslims believe - gotquestions.org

Question: "What is Islam, and what do Muslims believe?"

Answer: Islam is a religious system begun in the seventh century by Muhammad. Muslims follow the teachings of the Qur’an and strive to keep the Five Pillars.

The History of Islam
In the seventh century, Muhammad claimed the angel Gabriel visited him. During these angelic visitations, which continued for about 23 years until Muhammad's death, the angel purportedly revealed to Muhammad the words of Allah (the Arabic word for “God” used by Muslims). These dictated revelations compose the Qur'an, Islam's holy book. Islam means “submission,” deriving from a root word that means “peace.” The word Muslim means “one who submits to Allah.”

The Doctrine of Islam
Muslims summarize their doctrine in six articles of faith:
1. Belief in one Allah: Muslims believe Allah is one, eternal, creator, and sovereign.
2. Belief in the angels
3. Belief in the prophets: The prophets include the biblical prophets but end with Muhammad as Allah’s final prophet.4. Belief in the revelations of Allah: Muslims accept certain portions of the Bible, such as the Torah and the Gospels. They believe the Qur'an is the preexistent, perfect word of Allah. 5. Belief in the last day of judgment and the hereafter: Everyone will be resurrected for judgment into either paradise or hell.
6. Belief in predestination: Muslims believe Allah has decreed everything that will happen. Muslims testify to Allah’s sovereignty with their frequent phrase, inshallah, meaning, “if God wills.”

-------------------------

There is more on the link. Sounds to me like they are claiming the God of the Bible.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No, that is, unless you want to re-define "Christian".

AMR

OK. Then you are consistent.

I believe most Christians would answer no about Muslims. I'm not sure quite as many would answer the same way for Jews. I just want consistency, however you answer.