toldailytopic: DEATHMATCH: Pegasus vs. Unicorn - who will win?

toldailytopic: DEATHMATCH: Pegasus vs. Unicorn - who will win?

• Total voters

Cracked

From the image in the OP, the unicorn is a horse-like unicorn (instead of being a goat-like unicorn) and Pegasus is a winged horse of approximately the same size.

The traditional method of fighting among stallions is through biting, kicking with hind hooves, striking with front hooves, and ramming with shoulders.

The unicorn has a greater mass due to the hollow bones of Pegasus, increasing the power of the kicks and the ramming attacks.
The unicorn has an additional weapon (the horn) and can add stabbing with the horn as a weapon or can be used instead of shoulders for ramming (but that could break the unicorn's neck). However, the unicorn horn traditionally has the power to heal, so may not be effective in a fight.

Pegasus has wings as an additional weapon that can be used for buffeting.
Pegasus has flight which can be used to increase speed, and can be used in turn to increase the power of the ramming attacks.
Pegasus can also use the increased speed from flight to increase the power of kicking with hind hooves, while staying out of reach of every attack from the unicorn except for the horn.

The pegasus would win according to your fine analysis here. However, I am going willing to look past the physical and into the supernatural mythology of these two horse-like beings. If we do that, we might give the unicorn the advantage because it is, perhaps, capable of some sort of magical ability--while the pegasus is traditionally seen as a flying horse only (more or less).

So, in short, one rainbow laser beam from the horn of the uni, and down goes horsefeathers...

zoo22

The pegasus would win according to your fine analysis here. However, I am going willing to look past the physical and into the supernatural mythology of these two horse-like beings. If we do that, we might give the unicorn the advantage because it is, perhaps, capable of some sort of magical ability--while the pegasus is traditionally seen as a flying horse only (more or less).

So, in short, one rainbow laser beam from the horn of the uni, and down goes horsefeathers...

Hm. Magic. Okay, this is probably the only sensible and overlooked point that anyone has brought up so far. I think I may have seen cartoons of unicorns with laser horns. I have to think about this. Magic changes everything. :plain:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Quit peeking, that's rude! :shocked:
:chuckle:

Shows what you know about D&D. :p

The plural is "Pegasi"
Training one to carry a person takes 6 weeks and a DC25 handle animal check. And the rider must pass a diplomacy check to see if the pegasus likes him/her.

COMBAT
Hit Dice: 4d10+12 (34 hp)
Attack: Hoof +7 melee (1d6+4)
Full attack: 2 Hooves +7 melee (1d6+4) and Bite +2 melee (1d3+2)
Flyby Attack is one of its feats.
They use sharp hooves and a powerful bite. Mated pairs or herds fight as a team, and will fight to the death to defend their eggs, which are worth 2,000 gold pieces each.

Now the Unicorn:
Hit dice: 4d10+20 (42 hp)
Attack: Horn +11 melee (1d8+8)
Full attack: Horn +11 melee (1d8+8) and 2 hooves +3 melee (1d4+2)

EDITED Actually they look fairly closely matched, not sure how the flyby feat would effect the fight tho. (didnt read that part :) )
All this shows is that D&D doesn't know squat about mythology.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
A dragon on the other hand... :plain:

:doh: Already accounted for this possibility:

In case you weren't aware, the kraken is the dragons big scary cousin from out of state. When the dragon get hisself in a big ole' pickle, it simply waits for its cousin to come down from Oklahoma.Then they go settle it together. Since I have already infallibly proven that Pegaseses(with help from Perseus and a little metal owl) spank Krakens and Unicorns, the dragon would be less than a breeze that ruffled its horsefeathers. So,then it still stands that

Pegasus WINS

zoo22

Hm. Magic. Okay, this is probably the only sensible and overlooked point that anyone has brought up so far. I think I may have seen cartoons of unicorns with laser horns. I have to think about this. Magic changes everything. :plain:

Okay, I thought about it. I agree, a magic unicorn might win. But come on man, we've got to have some semblance of reasonable rules here! Whether or not a unicorn might be magic is an aside... We might as easily say that Pegasus could have a 40-gauge shotgun hidden behind those wings (he could). But let's keep this discussion rational. Seriously.

But yeah, a magic unicorn... I don't know that a magic unicorn could lose.

Cracked

Okay, I thought about it. I agree, a magic unicorn might win. But come on man, we've got top have some semblance of rules here! Whether or not a unicorn might be magic is an aside... We might as easily say that Pegasus could have a 40-gauge shotgun hidden behind one of those wings (he could). But let's keep this discussion rational.

Yes, of course--we need to be totally rational here. :sherlock:

zippy2006

Pegasus probably does have a shotgun, but the unicorn's coat is likely bullet proof. His only weakness is a tiny hollow hole running through his horn into his central nervous system. Design flaw extraordinaire :plain:

zoo22

Pegasus probably does have a shotgun, but the unicorn's coat is likely bullet proof. His only weakness is a tiny hollow hole running through his horn into his central nervous system. Design flaw extraordinaire :plain:

Stop trolling, troll. That's absurd. We're trying to have a serious discussion here. I have half a mind to report you for this. Or no, wait, maybe I mean I have half a mind. Whatever.

zippy2006

some ppl here just like to throw out inflammatory - what they think is inflammatory - rhetoric, im not gon say who

and...

i guess they dont have much better to do...

wouldnt want to fry their brain cells reading an actual mythological tale

and learning what the REAL unicorns liked to do in there spare time

...wonder what priests and bishops would say to that?

..geeze

zoo22

some ppl here just like to throw out inflammatory - what they think is inflammatory - rhetoric, im not gon say who

and...

i guess they dont have much better to do...

wouldnt want to fry their brain cells reading an actual mythological tale

and learning what the REAL unicorns liked to do in there spare time

...wonder what priests and bishops would say to that?

..geeze

I think I've been out-zooed.

:plain:

I feel like a trounced unicorn after a death-match with Pegasus.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh wow. Doesn't everyone here read wikipedia? Surely you must know that the only way to take out a Unicorn is by the song of a Virgin. Now the only record I can find of Pegasus partnering up with a woman was in Xanadu with Olivia Newton-John. I doubt that counts.