toldailytopic: DEATHMATCH: Pegasus vs. Unicorn - who will win?

• Total voters

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 3rd, 2012 01:56 PM

pegasus-vs-unicorn.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This question was being debated on Facebook today so I thought I would see what you TOLers thought.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's what I think as well.

What could a Pegasus do? Flap his wings really hard?
If you've ever read a Letsargue post you should understand the damage a lot of directed wind can do.

I'll take Pegasus to reign death and verbiage from the sky. :plain:

genuineoriginal

From the image in the OP, the unicorn is a horse-like unicorn (instead of being a goat-like unicorn) and Pegasus is a winged horse of approximately the same size.

The traditional method of fighting among stallions is through biting, kicking with hind hooves, striking with front hooves, and ramming with shoulders.

The unicorn has a greater mass due to the hollow bones of Pegasus, increasing the power of the kicks and the ramming attacks.
The unicorn has an additional weapon (the horn) and can add stabbing with the horn as a weapon or can be used instead of shoulders for ramming (but that could break the unicorn's neck). However, the unicorn horn traditionally has the power to heal, so may not be effective in a fight.

Pegasus has wings as an additional weapon that can be used for buffeting.
Pegasus has flight which can be used to increase speed, and can be used in turn to increase the power of the ramming attacks.
Pegasus can also use the increased speed from flight to increase the power of kicking with hind hooves, while staying out of reach of every attack from the unicorn except for the horn.

Last edited:

HisServant

Pegasus would win... superior mobility.

Whereas the unicorn has a stationary single weapon mounted on its forehead.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would tend to side with the Unicorn, being an animal with greater mass and a stationary horn---but the Pegasus, if he were smart enough could give the Unicorn an emetic
picture.php

thereby disabling him. Then the Pegasus can make his move, braking the Unicorn's neck with his huge wings.....:rotfl:

GuySmiley

Unicorn.

The Pegasus can fly yes, but his only attack is to kick. Pegasus might get in many blows, swooping down on the Unicorn, but its going to take a lot for them to be fatal. The Unicorn really only needs one or two good stabs with the horn to incapacitate and then kill the Pegasus. What the Pegasus needs to win are talons so he could carry and drop the Unicorn from a height.

genuineoriginal

The Pegasus can fly yes, but his only attack is to kick. Pegasus might get in many blows, swooping down on the Unicorn, but its going to take a lot for them to be fatal.
The unicorn is still most likely to win, but it has nothing to compare to the deadly force of a double hind leg kick at the end of a power dive from a great height.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From the image in the OP, the unicorn is a horse-like unicorn (instead of being a goat-like unicorn) and Pegasus is a winged horse of approximately the same size.

The traditional method of fighting among stallions is through biting, kicking with hind hooves, striking with front hooves, and ramming with shoulders.

The unicorn has a greater mass due to the hollow bones of Pegasus, increasing the power of the kicks and the ramming attacks.
The unicorn has an additional weapon (the horn) and can add stabbing with the horn as a weapon or can be used instead of shoulders for ramming (but that could break the unicorn's neck). However, the unicorn horn traditionally has the power to heal, so may not be effective in a fight.

Pegasus has wings as an additional weapon that can be used for buffeting.
Pegasus has flight which can be used to increase speed, and can be used in turn to increase the power of the ramming attacks.
Pegasus can also use the increased speed from flight to increase the power of kicking with hind hooves, while staying out of reach of every attack from the unicorn except for the horn.
POTD :first:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I'm going to take a few liberties with this topic:

Lets say its a gang fight. The unicorn gets to bring a friend or two and you get this

UNICORN(s)

Pegasus gets to bring a friend or two and you get this

PEGASUS and Friend

The in fighting amongst the unicorns would prove to be a fatal flaw.

All in all it boils down to this:

Pegasus+Perseus+littlemetalowlthingy>A unicorn and his homo friends.

Pegasus WINS

P.S. Yes I realize Perseus is pretty gay, too, but he did beat medusa, the kraken, and a really big claymation scorpion.