toldailytopic: DEATHMATCH: Pegasus vs. Unicorn - who will win?

• Total voters

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Silly question. Everyone knows the Bible has passages about unicorns and nothing of Pegasus. Besides, Pegasus was cast into the sky by Zeus. Now since the Bible testifies of Unicorns and Zeus never inspired a book we must conclude that Pegasus is mythical and incapable of battle with a unicorn.

One Eyed Jack

Silly question. Everyone knows the Bible has passages about unicorns and nothing of Pegasus. Besides, Pegasus was cast into the sky by Zeus. Now since the Bible testifies of Unicorns and Zeus never inspired a book we must conclude that Pegasus is mythical and incapable of battle with a unicorn.

I thought Pegasus sprang from the neck of Medusa. Maybe not in the movie, but I think that's how it went in the legend.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought Pegasus sprang from the neck of Medusa. Maybe not in the movie, but I think that's how it went in the legend.
I made no reference to the origin of Pegasus. But I find no mention of Pegasus in the Bible while there are more than a few to Unicorns.

zoo22

Pegasus. No doubt.* Do you have any idea of the strength and force those wings would have to have to get a horse flying?

Has anyone ever encountered an angry goose? They can snap your bones with their wings. That's a goose. Now translate that force from goose to horse.

Sure, a unicorn has a horn, but a swift crack from one of those Pegasus wings would lay a unicorn down for the count no problem. That's probably how they went extinct in the first place.**

* Unless Pegasus was asleep, or on some sort of horse tranquilizer. Or molting.

** Or they were so embarrassed by how badly Pegasus beat them, they went and hid.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I'm gonna vote for Pegasus ...... since, you know, unicorns don't exist. :kookoo:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A unicorn and his homo friends.

It is kinda gay looking.
imagesqtbnANd9GcSG2R5K-LGEXmewOWqEr.jpg

Buzzword

Neither.

Both are dispatched with extreme prejudice by their offspring, the winged unicorn!
Flying-Unicorn-unicorns-4856148-1024-768.jpg

There can be only one!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pegasus would win, he has wings he could kick him to death from the air.
That's what I was thinking.
I have seen a horse break a cattle horn with a kick.
Pegasus could hover in the air out of reach, and then extend a kick and knock that horn right off (or even knock that horn into Unicorns brain).

Hands down, it's got to be Pegasus!
getsmiley-15.gif

zoo22

That's what I was thinking.
I have seen a horse break a cattle horn with a kick.
Pegasus could hover in the air out of reach, and then extend a kick and knock that horn right off (or even knock that horn into Unicorns brain).

Hands down, it's got to be Pegasus!
getsmiley-15.gif

Pegasus wouldn't even need to be in the air. Each of those wings are like 1.5 x the size of a horse, and are so powerful that they can lift a horse through the air. One swipe with one of those wings, and unicorn is out. Finished. It's no match at all, and I'm surprised unicorn would even consider it. It's insane. Unicorn must have been drunk or something to get into a fight like this.

A dragon on the other hand... :plain:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I voted unicorn because it can stab with the horn.

Hatred. Red hot fiery hatred for all unicorns. Pegasuseses HATE unicorns.

I think the unicorn would win. I'd rather own a pegasus though.
Pegasus is the name of a specific winged horse, it is not what winged horses are called.

From the image in the OP, the unicorn is a horse-like unicorn (instead of being a goat-like unicorn) and Pegasus is a winged horse of approximately the same size.

The traditional method of fighting among stallions is through biting, kicking with hind hooves, striking with front hooves, and ramming with shoulders.

The unicorn has a greater mass due to the hollow bones of Pegasus, increasing the power of the kicks and the ramming attacks.
The unicorn has an additional weapon (the horn) and can add stabbing with the horn as a weapon or can be used instead of shoulders for ramming (but that could break the unicorn's neck). However, the unicorn horn traditionally has the power to heal, so may not be effective in a fight.

Pegasus has wings as an additional weapon that can be used for buffeting.
Pegasus has flight which can be used to increase speed, and can be used in turn to increase the power of the ramming attacks.
Pegasus can also use the increased speed from flight to increase the power of kicking with hind hooves, while staying out of reach of every attack from the unicorn except for the horn.
Pegasus can dive bomb too.

It is kinda gay looking.
imagesqtbnANd9GcSG2R5K-LGEXmewOWqEr.jpg
That's a girl.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Pegasus is the name of a specific winged horse, it is not what winged horses are called.

Shows what you know about D&D. :p

The plural is "Pegasi"
Training one to carry a person takes 6 weeks and a DC25 handle animal check. And the rider must pass a diplomacy check to see if the pegasus likes him/her.

COMBAT
Hit Dice: 4d10+12 (34 hp)
Attack: Hoof +7 melee (1d6+4)
Full attack: 2 Hooves +7 melee (1d6+4) and Bite +2 melee (1d3+2)
Flyby Attack is one of its feats.
They use sharp hooves and a powerful bite. Mated pairs or herds fight as a team, and will fight to the death to defend their eggs, which are worth 2,000 gold pieces each.

Now the Unicorn:
Hit dice: 4d10+20 (42 hp)
Attack: Horn +11 melee (1d8+8)
Full attack: Horn +11 melee (1d8+8) and 2 hooves +3 melee (1d4+2)

EDITED Actually they look fairly closely matched, not sure how the flyby feat would effect the fight tho. (didnt read that part :) )

zoo22

I voted for the unicorn. It comes with a weapon.

Oh man, if you were a unicorn in a death-match with Pegasus, you wouldn't be saying that.

It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. With horses. Okay, wait, no, it's not like that so much. It's like a horse bringing a unicorn horn to a fight with another horse that has a wingspan of 30-feet and can lift a horse.

Also, it's a FACT that if a unicorn were to vote in this poll, it would vote for Pegasus. I read that somewhere. I forget where. Or maybe TSF told me... In which case, never mind.