toldailytopic: Barack Hussein Obama. Will he serve another 4 year term? Or will he be

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

Alan Keyes elected to public office? The very thought makes me quake in my boots.
This man is a dangerous fanatic and a lunatic. I wouldn't vote for him as dogcatcher. He has absolutely no business being elected to anything but wacko of the year.
One heartbeat away from the presidency...this is too awful to imagine.
And the only thing Ron Paul should run for is the Canadian border. Who needs him? He's no libertarian.

Did you say something?

elohiym

Every state law that recognizes legal abortion is an example of a state decriminalizing murder.

That doesn't mean murder is decriminalized in those states.

Any law repugnant to the constitution is void. Marbury v. Madison.

People are just too dumb to realize that abortion is already illegal in the U.S.

The Roe v. Wade decision addressed personhood. The Court's opinion was that if a fetus was declared a person by law, then abortion would indeed be illegal.

Since that time, both state and federal law has defined an unborn child at any stage of development as a person.

Roe v. Wade is bad law and void...NOW. People need to wake up to that fact.

WizardofOz

Authority flows downhill. From God, through a nation's federal government, down to the "states," counties, cities, etc. It doesn't start at the state level and go every which way from there.

Would you support a worldwide ban on abortion mandated by the United Nations or some other global government? Why or why not?

Uhm.... what? When did I say that? I was asking a True or False question.

True or false: a state has the right (biblically or constitutionally) to decriminalize murder.

You said:

I said states have no rights, period.

A state does have the right to decriminalize murder.

As you said:

Every state law that recognizes legal abortion is an example of a state decriminalizing murder.

The Graphite

That doesn't mean murder is decriminalized in those states.

Any law repugnant to the constitution is void. Marbury v. Madison.

People are just too dumb to realize that abortion is already illegal in the U.S.

The Roe v. Wade decision addressed personhood. The Court's opinion was that if a fetus was declared a person by law, then abortion would indeed be illegal.

Since that time, both state and federal law has defined an unborn child at any stage of development as a person.

Roe v. Wade is bad law and void...NOW. People need to wake up to that fact.
AMEN!

Because the federal Constitution overrules states in this regard, but more importantly, God's law supercedes all federal laws!

The Graphite

Wait a minute. You believe abortion is legal, right now. At the Federal level. Do you not?
Let's not equivocate. On paper, they have "decriminalized" murder at both state and federal levels.

However, no government at any level has the authority (much less the "right") to do so. Such laws are lawless and invalid. We rightly held not only gov't officials but even lawyers and judges accountable to charges of murder at the Nuremberg Trials. We sentenced men to life in prison or even death for ... what? For upholding the law, following legal precedent and acceding to the authority of the higher court.

What those judges should have done was rule that killing an innocent Jew is murder, and anyone who does it is guilty of murder. And if they lose their job, so be it. If they are arrested, so be it. If they are executed, so be it. That is what you do if you are a judge. You don't say "Well, the law says you can kill a Jew just for being a Jew, so I'm going to rule based on that." As a judge, you have no authority to do that, and you should be held accountable on earth (as we did at Nuremberg) and you will be held accountable before God on the day of your judgment.

Abortion is murder. The legal prohibition of murder is mandatory under the 5th and 14th amendments of the Constitution. Any law or ruling that contradicts that is invalid. But we do live in a nation where, on paper, they have made these invalid laws where they have endeavored to legalize murder at the state and federal level.

Sozo, your logic is bizarre. You argue that just because someone does something, that proves logically that they have a right to do so. If I kill an innocent person, does that prove I have a right to do so? Obviously not. How, then, do you logically conclude that if a state passes a law saying that some kinds of murder are legal, that this somehow proves that they have the authority or the "right" to do so? Just because they did it doesn't mean they have a right to.

Btw, I'm still eagerly waiting for someone to point to the section in the Constitution that refers to the "rights" of states.

The Graphite

Wait a minute. You believe abortion is legal, right now. At the Federal level. Do you not?
No. Please pay attention.

Any law (or ruling) that contradicts God's law (first) and the U.S. Constitution (second) is invalid and not worth the paper it's printed on.

• Abortion is murder. TRUE.
  • The Constitution mandates that murder cannot be decriminalized. TRUE.

NO PERSON shall be deprived of life without due process of law. (ie. by being convicted as a criminal.)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
(In that I agree with the TOL far-right, pro-white (my perception) folks on board here.
I just have to point out that the people you are referring to voted for Alan Keyes in the last election. Do you know who that is?

drbrumley

Since states do not have rights, and since there is absolutely no basis for states (or any level of government) having "rights" to do anything, therefore states do not have the right to secede from any union.

Are you paying attention? I said states have no rights, period. So then you ask me if states have the right to do ___. Well, yes, that would fall under "no rights."

Obligations? Yes. Authority to carry out those obligations? Yes.

Rights? NO.

So Graphite agrees with Lincoln that "no State upon its own mere motion can lawfully get out of the Union." What a crock! Again, when the term "states rights" are used, it refers to the people of certain real estate. The Constitution doesn't have to say explicitly "states rights." The facts are evident from our founding that the respective nations (namely the colonies) formed the United States. Here is the peace treaty from the Revolutionary War:

"That these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British crown and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved; and that, as free and independent states, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do" (emphasis in original).

It is plain and obvious what is meant in this Declaration.

So when did the States stop being FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES Graphite? When?

The United States Constitution is a treaty. It was ratified as such. The Constitution would have never passed the nation/states if the 9th and 10th amendments were not inserted.

drbrumley

If the US Constitution was up for a vote today, I would be hard pressed to support it. And the 14th amendment, no way would I vote for that. Besides that amendment shouldn't even be an amendment right now.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Here comes the authority flows downhill bellyache again.

I never understood that argument. :nono: What does scripture have to do with the power structure of our country? If you keep that argument going then we should just have a world government, right? :idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.