toldailytopic: Are you planning to take part in the "National eat at Chick-fil-A Day"

drbrumley

Fil-A This, Chick
Posted by Becky Akers on August 3, 2012 10:05 AM

In addition to dealing the corporate media a black eye on Wednesday, the kerfuffle over Chick-fil-A allowed various politicians to make even bigger fools of themselves than usual. One of the most enormous is “Powerful NYC pol,” Christine Quinn.

Prissy Chrissy is speaker of that nest of wannabees, Marxists-to-the-left-of-Mao, and tyrants known as the New York City Council. The Council exists solely to squander our sky-high taxes while making “work” for the otherwise unemployable. It has little power, as the nanny masquerading as mayor recently illustrated: Bloomberg didn’t even bother pushing his enormously unpopular restriction on sodas through the Council; rather, he skedaddled straight to the bureaucratic regime for help in tyrannizing us. Indeed, you might suppose the Council’s power-hungry morons would all jump ship for positions as bureaucrats, but intelligence has never been their strong suit.

Instead, these twits waste their days trying to differentiate themselves from the other pygmies. To that end, we luckless taxpayers regularly receive newsletters hyping the latest “crisis” our councilcritter has ginned up as well as the slew of laws he proposes to “resolve” it.

Others distinguish themselves with their peccadilloes. Prissy Chrissy falls in this camp. She’s an “out lesbian, who married [sic] her partner in May.” She also exploited the potentials for publicity in the brouhaha over Chick-fil-A. And lucky for us: she thereby furnished yet another example of the megalomania and intolerance typical of Our Rulers.

PC sent a letter to the president of New York University, whose campus boasts the City’s only Chick-fil-A. Though she later “claim[ed] she was just speaking as a private citizen” while ordering her correspondent to run Chick-fil-A off his premises, PC placed her diatribe on official letterhead and began it, "I write as the Speaker of the NYC Council…. NYC is a place where we celebrate diversity” — except, of course, diversity of opinion. And in government: there we languish under a crushing monopoly. “We do not believe in denigrating others,” unless they disagree with Our Rulers. “We revel in the diversity of all our citizens and their families." Yeah, we heard you the first time, Prissy. Clearly, this gal is an apt student of the Big Lie theory.

“Let me be clear,” she continued, “I do not want establishments in my city that hold such discriminatory views."

Whoa! In whose city? New York is home to some 8 million residents, most of them a stunning contrast to Prissy with their productivity and virtue. They construct buildings; teach yoga, foreign languages, guitar, swimming, physics, and anything else you can imagine; cook and serve some of the world’s best cuisine; dance, sing and act; treat the sick and comfort the dying; invent new gadgets and sell them as well as older stuff; preach on Sundays; produce plays, concerts, movies, and books; etc, ad infinitum. All this despite such thugs and deviants as Prissy leeching off them while hamstringing them with absurd decrees.

It’s their city, not Prissy’s. Here's hoping they someday kick her and all her self-important comrades out on their smug butts.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Chick-Fil-A came under attack for its owner's beliefs.

What specific attacks do you have in mind here?

I've heard about the politicians who said stuff about trying to ban Chick Fil A from their cities. Apparently there has been at least one instance of vandalism (picture in this thread).

Is that what you were thinking of? Are there other things?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
5 Reasons Why the Church Failed Yesterday

"By rallying behind [Chick-Fil-A], Christians put an issue above people. And it’s impossible to follow Jesus when issues trump people."
-Matthew Paul Turner

I post this with the understanding that at least half the people on TOL will either not read it and insult the article, Matt Turner, and myself for posting it, or read it and insult it, Matt Turner, and myself for posting it.

But the American Christian community truly dropped the ball throughout this entire situation.
Interesting article. I definitely agree with some parts.

If Mike Huckabee had declared yesterday “Homeless Appreciation Day,” would the response have been even half as large and loud?

I saw something else on the internet similar to this. It was a picture that basically asked if there are ever lines of Christians trying to serve the homeless. Turner says that is an unfair question, and the situations aren't comparable, but I definitely think it's something to be thought about. As is this....

Is it possible that Christians lose the ability to truly “love the sinner” because they’re so busy “hating the sin”? Do Christians put anywhere near the energy into “loving the sinner” as they do “hating the sin”?

bybee

Fil-A This, Chick
Posted by Becky Akers on August 3, 2012 10:05 AM

In addition to dealing the corporate media a black eye on Wednesday, the kerfuffle over Chick-fil-A allowed various politicians to make even bigger fools of themselves than usual. One of the most enormous is “Powerful NYC pol,” Christine Quinn.

Prissy Chrissy is speaker of that nest of wannabees, Marxists-to-the-left-of-Mao, and tyrants known as the New York City Council. The Council exists solely to squander our sky-high taxes while making “work” for the otherwise unemployable. It has little power, as the nanny masquerading as mayor recently illustrated: Bloomberg didn’t even bother pushing his enormously unpopular restriction on sodas through the Council; rather, he skedaddled straight to the bureaucratic regime for help in tyrannizing us. Indeed, you might suppose the Council’s power-hungry morons would all jump ship for positions as bureaucrats, but intelligence has never been their strong suit.

Instead, these twits waste their days trying to differentiate themselves from the other pygmies. To that end, we luckless taxpayers regularly receive newsletters hyping the latest “crisis” our councilcritter has ginned up as well as the slew of laws he proposes to “resolve” it.

Others distinguish themselves with their peccadilloes. Prissy Chrissy falls in this camp. She’s an “out lesbian, who married [sic] her partner in May.” She also exploited the potentials for publicity in the brouhaha over Chick-fil-A. And lucky for us: she thereby furnished yet another example of the megalomania and intolerance typical of Our Rulers.

PC sent a letter to the president of New York University, whose campus boasts the City’s only Chick-fil-A. Though she later “claim[ed] she was just speaking as a private citizen” while ordering her correspondent to run Chick-fil-A off his premises, PC placed her diatribe on official letterhead and began it, "I write as the Speaker of the NYC Council…. NYC is a place where we celebrate diversity” — except, of course, diversity of opinion. And in government: there we languish under a crushing monopoly. “We do not believe in denigrating others,” unless they disagree with Our Rulers. “We revel in the diversity of all our citizens and their families." Yeah, we heard you the first time, Prissy. Clearly, this gal is an apt student of the Big Lie theory.

“Let me be clear,” she continued, “I do not want establishments in my city that hold such discriminatory views."

Whoa! In whose city? New York is home to some 8 million residents, most of them a stunning contrast to Prissy with their productivity and virtue. They construct buildings; teach yoga, foreign languages, guitar, swimming, physics, and anything else you can imagine; cook and serve some of the world’s best cuisine; dance, sing and act; treat the sick and comfort the dying; invent new gadgets and sell them as well as older stuff; preach on Sundays; produce plays, concerts, movies, and books; etc, ad infinitum. All this despite such thugs and deviants as Prissy leeching off them while hamstringing them with absurd decrees.

It’s their city, not Prissy’s. Here's hoping they someday kick her and all her self-important comrades out on their smug butts.

I believe their days are numbered. Political correctness is dying of obesity!
Great post!

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
What specific attacks do you have in mind here?

I've heard about the politicians who said stuff about trying to ban Chick Fil A from their cities. Apparently there has been at least one instance of vandalism (picture in this thread).

Is that what you were thinking of? Are there other things?

I don't understand what difference it makes what instances and examples in particular I have in mind here, unless you're going to suggest Chick-Fil-A hasn't come under attack for its owners beliefs. Are you suggesting that?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't understand what difference it makes what instances and examples in particular I have in mind here, unless you're going to suggest Chick-Fil-A hasn't come under attack for its owners beliefs. Are you suggesting that?
No, I'm not suggesting they haven't come under attack. I just gave 2 examples - political threats and vandalism. But I wondered what you have in mind because I think it does matter what types of "attacks" are being used and if you would consider boycotting as a form of attack.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
No, I'm not suggesting they haven't come under attack. I just gave 2 examples - political threats and vandalism. But I wondered what you have in mind because I think it does matter what types of "attacks" are being used and if you would consider boycotting as a form of attack.
What's your point?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What were they supposed to do?

I just read over Turner's blog post again along with the responses to it in this thread. I think you ask a good question here. I'm not sure what Turner would have the church do in this situation.

But I also think some of the responses may be missing Turner's point. He's not trying to restrict anyone's freedom. I think he's trying to say that there is more at stake here and that Christians are undermining what should be the Christian's utmost aim, love.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Casting Crowns - Jesus, Friend of Sinners

I heard this song and I thought of this thread and situation. And I was reminded of the link that Buzzword posted. I think the song is making a similar point that he was.

Jesus Friend of sinners we have strayed so far away
We cut down people in your name but the sword was never ours to swing
Jesus friend of sinners the truth's become so hard to see
The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me
Always looking around but never looking up I'm so double minded
A plank eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided

Oh Jesus friend of sinners
Open our eyes to world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus friend of sinners break our hearts for what breaks yours

Yeah...

Jesus friend of sinners the one who's writing in the sand
Make the righteous turn away and the stones fall from their hands
Help us to remember we are all the least of these
Let the memory of Your mercy bring your people to their knees

Nobody knows what we're for only against when we judge the wounded
What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did

Oh Jesus friend of sinners break our hearts for what breaks yours

You love every lost cause; you reach for the outcast
For the leper and the lame; they're the reason that You came
Lord I was that lost cause and I was the outcast
But you died for sinners just like me a grateful leper at Your feet

'Cause You are good, You are good And Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever

Oh Jesus friend of sinners break our hearts for what breaks Yours

And I was the lost cause and I was the outcast
Yeah...
You died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your feet

Lyrics link

Ps82

Looks like Chick fil a has caved to the demands of those demanding that they not donate money to Christians causes if they support marriage between one man and one woman.

If I heard the report clearly, then I am disappointed in Chick fil a.
They have either allowed themselves to be censored by a group of intolerant people, who use threats and intimidation to get the views of people whom disagree with their agenda silenced. Or, those trying to deny them and us of our freedoms have won yet another battle by perverting the intent of the founding fathers in our constitution and by using strong intimidation to silence the Christian voice in our nation.