toldailytopic: Are you planning to take part in the "National eat at Chick-fil-A Day"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Are you planning to take part in the "National eat at Chick-fil-A Day" today?

I would have if there was one in my town.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Just finished a wonderful chick fil a meal, the taste of freedom was incredible - it was worth the hour long wait in the drive through, after going to a second one since the first one i went to, would have been 2 hours in the drive through, so we drove a little ways out of the city to a smaller town to get it.

The one here had police directing traffic - a line out the door with huge crowds and a 2 hour 4 block line which also draped through several store lots to get there. So we drove out of town to try another one and waited in their drive through for an hour.

No way to eat in at either place, wayyy too busy. We wondered if we would be told they were out of chicken when we got to the speaker lol

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:plain:

chick-fil-a_gasoline.jpg

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chick fil A was great today. MASSIVE support for traditional marriage and we also got tons of signatures for the Personhood petition. Thank you Chick fil A!!!! :up:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Chick fil A was great today. MASSIVE support for traditional marriage and we also got tons of signatures for the Personhood petition. Thank you Chick fil A!!!! :up:

How long did you have to wait to get your order from when you got there?

LKmommy

Yummy yum yum....that was the best chicken sandwich ever today. I did NOT mind the long drive thru line. I support Chick Fil A not only on their stance on same sex marriage but also their RIGHT to have an opinion! I did not eat there much before but I surely will make it a point to go there NOW.

LKmommy

Wanted to add....
It was a great feeling seeing the restaurant completely filled with families, not to mention the table of Nuns :)

Ps82

I only waited a short time to order. There were lots of workers behind the counter. I only waited about 15 minutes for them to prepare a platter of chicken strips.

The place was packed with people eating at 3:30. The cashier said that it had been a lot busier earlier. While I was there, the entire parking lot was full... as one car would pull out another would pull in. The drive through line was the same way and kept at least 15-20 cars in the line at a time.

My daughter said that it was still just as busy around 9:30 this evening.

I did not participate in this because of how any homosexuals feel about what Mr. Cathy said ... I participated because I am appalled that government officials in Chicago would have the nerve to threaten to deny the rights of a business owner to operate because he used his freedom of speech to express his religious views. And had the nerve to encourage a boycott that would harm an American business.

I agree with a statement I heard Hannity say tonight. I, as an American, have a right to boycott ... but an elected official should not lead the charge to harm a business. I hope the people in Chicago will wake up to how their "leaders" think.

BTW, this was not just an attack on Mr. Cathy, but an attack upon the American people's right to practice their freedom of speech and the practice of their religion (specifically Christianity). If these elected officials can get away with treating Mr. Cathy and his business in this manner ... then they will have conquered everyone of us, who call ourselves Christians, as well.

Our government officials must not be allowed to get away with this attack on religious freedom. This goes for Obama Care as well. The mandates included within that program are an attack on our freedom as well.

I think the time has come to fear our government ... unless we can bring a revolution at the ballot box.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We didn't make it buy we have it on the agenda for the coming weeks.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How long did you have to wait to get your order from when you got there?
The first time during lunch it was about a 20 minute wait. Dinner was another story. The crowd quadrupled, it was nuts! The wait then was about 50 minutes.

Then we stayed another 4 hours gaining signatures from all the nice people. :up:

Ps82

We didn't make it buy we have it on the agenda for the coming weeks.

I think putting Chick fil A on our on-going agenda is a good idea. I don't eat fast food very often, but now I'll think Chick fil A first.

I don't know if protestors will ever show up or not, but I mentioned I participated because of what the elected officials from Chicago said that was an affront to our freedom of speech and expression of our religious beliefs.

BTW, I saw a photo on CNN of a Chick fil A in Atlanta where a person was in a "cow suit" with an offensive sign. I want other people to know that I live in the Atlanta area and I did not hear anyone even mentioned the reason they were there. Everyone just came in quietly and ordered and ate their chicken respectfully with their family and friends.

Makes me wonder who might have been hiding inside that suit. May have been one of those rebel flag carriers ... who are usually on the "ify-person" list at events ... or ??? just a trouble maker of some sort. Most southerners are much more polite and reasonable than this.

Ps82

The first time during lunch it was about a 20 minute wait. Dinner was another story. The crowd quadrupled, it was nuts! The wait then was about 50 minutes.

Then we stayed another 4 hours gaining signatures from all the nice people. :up:

Yes, I was surprised when my daughter said that things were still going strong late this evening. I figured it would be over around 6:00 p.m ... or they would be out of chicken.

I can't wait to hear how each of the owners and managers handled supplying the unusual demand.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I didnt go today but I did a few nights ago. They have a good chicken garden salad I plan on getting often.

Tico

I only eat meat about once a month and only from one particular company (I would add a few more if I didn't need it to be kosher). It's important to me it's been humanly raised. I tried giving it up entirely and may do so in the future. I believe animals should only be eaten for nutrition.

What if it were raised by another specie instead?

woopah

we don't have one here in Britain, but you guys make it sound like it does really good chicken so it sounds like a lot of fun

Don't agree with the owner as I believe in religious freedom and personal freedom, but it's his money to he can donate it to whoever he wants within reason