TOL Lexicon: add your ism, ist and ite, etc.

Son of Jack

Yes. Some years ago here on TOL. You used to be able to "google" it but not any more. It has not survived TOL's many remakes. I do remember a few of it's tenets.

I do remember that Nonismatists believed that the answer to Cain's question was, "yes".

They reject any and all "isms" while reserving the right to embrace the portions of any that they find useful.

I was hopeful until....

This, of course, also requires some sense of irony and humor (not that I really needed to bold it)... being that Nonismatism is yet another "ism".

Crap...:plain:

Emphasis mine

How about Nonhumo(u)rist or Noncomedist - one is hopeless unable to formulate a proper joke, despite being given seemingly unending opportunities

and

Antichucklesomism - the doctrine of one known as known as a nonhumo(u)rist

fzappa13

I was hopeful until....

Crap...:plain:

Emphasis mine

How about Nonhumo(u)rist or Noncomedist - one is hopeless unable to formulate a proper joke, despite being given seemingly unending opportunities

and

Antichucklesomism - the doctrine of one known as known as a nonhumo(u)rist

Methinks thou doth protest too much ... and you're still one of my favorites ... damned by faint praise you are ;)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cirularist - one who is caught in a loop and posts on the same topics over and over. They cannot even step out outside of their loop to even reply to posts properly. We have a few of these on TOL.

Vulgarist - A person who specializes in grossing out members of the forum with sexual innendo, adult themes and flirting.

Faggist--One who turns everything into an issue arguing of homosexual rights.

Infanticidist - A person who turns everything into an a pro abortion argument.

zoo22

Cirularist - one who is caught in a loop and posts on the same topics over and over. They cannot even step out outside of their loop to even reply to posts properly. We have a few of these on TOL.

Like a MisinformastionalistWarrior? He's a "Cirularist?" (Or is it "Circularist"? Well, either way.... He's one?)

Vulgarist - A person who specializes in grossing out members of the forum with sexual innendo, adult themes and flirting.

Like aMisinformationalistWarrior? He's a "Vulgarist?"

Faggist--One who turns everything into an issue arguing of homosexual rights.

Like aMisinformationalistWarrior? He's a "faggist?" ... Well, I guess that one's obvious.

And I just thought he was a misinformationalist and a lamecopyandpastist. But I got it... He's also a circularist, a vulgarist and a faggist.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like aMisinformationalistWarrior? He's a "faggist?" ... Well, I guess that one's obvious..

Wrong. He argues against homosexuality. You need to come up with a different term for that.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wrong. He argues against homosexuality. You need to come up with a different term for that.
Homosessed?

Infaguated?

Or maybe fagtigued as a descriptive of repeated and tired (to say nothing of specious and factually vacant)...let's call them arguments.

Last edited: