TOL Lexicon: add your ism, ist and ite, etc.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I thought it might be interesting for those inclined to have a place to try out or establish new coins or use within the TOL family.

I'll start it off with a couple:

1. Misinformationalists: those who in the face of clear, factual contradiction or with a want of substantive or serious support advance as fact or established truth that which can't objectively be labeled such.

2. Scamtastic!: Any notion meant to make people feel better while accomplishing nothing for them at all and often, if not always, taking from them something of value, or something which should be valued.

The floor is open. :e4e:

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Homophobist - A person/persons who works homophobia into all of their messages/conversations/aspects of life

Sciencian - A person capable of passing off ridiculous, stupid, unverifiable ideas off as well researched, widely accepted, verified theories even when presented with contradictory evidence

Caterpilly - slinking away from a discussion which has clearly been lost

Banan..ism - continuing a discussion which has clearly been lost [Banana may contain as many "an"'s as the length of the continued dead discussion]

Spitfire

Obscuritanism: Adherents express disapproval of whatever anyone else believes (usually for vague reasons) and are completely unwilling to reveal anything about the basis for their own beliefs on the disputed issue or, in many cases, what exactly their own beliefs are in the first place. When challenged, obscuritans will insist that their own beliefs are irrelevant to the discussion of how wrong everyone else is.

john w

Hall of Fame
NewScam-isms, ie., droid sound bytes that say nothing, usually made after downing 6 bourbon and cokes. See any post by NewScam, along the lines of...

"I am not here to teach, but to speak the truth."-NewScam

"Some of us allow the bible to interpret itself.....Like I said, I will let the bible interpret itself."-NewScam

"...rightly interpretted, we can obey the whole bible...Put your teachers away, and embrace the bible..."-NewScam

"You believe lies… ..read it in context…. You must hear men, over Jesus...the dispensational liars that make Jesus words untrue…. Why do you reject the facts?... that teaches lies… apparantly, that hears men over Jesus."-NewScam

"The truth of the matter is that the gospel is the good news of the whole bible...The truth of the matter is that the bible is true…."-NewScam

".... My doctrine is bible.."-NewScam

"I wish you would learn to read the bible, as it is written."-NewScam

"...faith is faith..."-NewScam

" Yep, God only has one message from beginning to end."-NewScam

"Some don't walk by biblical faith, but man made apostacy.."-NewScam

"..We are saved by the milk, matured by the meat...."-NewScam

"I love the truth...….LOL...Baloney....wink ..Go take a reality check… you silly goat."-NewScam

Due to not wanting to violate TOL's policy on lengthy posts, I included only a small sample.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Obfuscationarianism: one who says so much without saying much at all.

I like it, but there needs to be a word for people who just don't understand what's being said and aren't smart enough to know it.

Ignorisstic:conflating one's inability to understand a thing with a speakers obfuscationarianism and being happy in the misunderstanding.

And how about: ignorgasmic--an unreasonable amount of satisfaction found in utilizing the ignore function by those who then become ignorgasmitists.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And, as per my brief conversation with Breathe, perhaps a word is needed to steer people away from a particular infraction drawing comment, well...

Femininehygenite: one who brings to mind products relating to feminine hygiene.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:think:

Brokenrecordist - someone who starts threads on the same subject(s) again and again.

I'm trying to think of a good name for someone who interprets a lack of response as victory but I'm having trouble. :think:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obfuscationarianism: one who says so much without saying much at all.

:up:

…. You underestimate the caliber of scholars that God has raised up to keep the sheep from falling for false teaching and ignorance on important subjects. Why should I trust you as an expert on things, and reject those with proven track records and godly character/insights? Eph. 4:11-13 vs internet wannabees with no training or accountability…Any credible biblical theology of John and Paul or any credible commentary or NT scholar or average believer has no problem with I Jn. vs Paul.....There are many resources to help you, but you prefer fringe writers over ones that can give you more biblical answers….but I should ignore more credible sources and their documented evidence? Why, pray tell?!.... What school did you go to again?.

Newscamism can be making things up, like the seal of the meat.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about one for calvinists? They like to misrepresent the gospel, calling it universalism, even though it isn't. And nobody says it is. For example, anything from nang or bedeviled57.

You teach a christ that is a failure, what kind of saviour fails to to save from sin ? Millions of souls are lost that your anemic saviour died for to save !