Today, I am grateful for.....

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
My dad had a very serious heart attack this weekend. After the angiogram the doctor said he's lucky to be alive. He's still in the hospital and received a shiny new stent today but he's doing very well!!

Oooh, that was close. I'm glad that he's doing good.

Hashem bless you and yours!

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
My husband had a serious heart attack in August. I know first hand how frightening that can be! I'm so glad your dad is doing well! I'll pray for his continued improvement.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
My dad had a very serious heart attack this weekend. After the angiogram the doctor said he's lucky to be alive. He's still in the hospital and received a shiny new stent today but he's doing very well!!

Very glad to hear that. Thanks to God for keeping him with us.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today I am grateful for the great horned owl, who lives across the street. Most nights, I go to sleep, listening to him.

And this weekend, it turns out he has a girlfriend.

8397831305_2b0958b598.jpg

8397833175_bab0eb4080.jpg

Beautiful bird. I love the sound of owls.

I am thankful for much improved health--due to finding out what was making me sick and eliminating it from my diet.

lifeisgood

I am thankful to the Lord that even though I have a detached retina (it happened all of a sudden and they don't know why it happens), the doctor assures me that it can be fixed.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Today I'm thankful your owl has found a mate. =)

A few days ago, about 6:15, I heard one of them calling, then the other. A great winged shaped dropped from a branch and glided to another, where the smaller male sat.

They sat there, outlined by the Dallas sky, shoulder to shoulder.

Great Horned owls remain with the same mate for life, and are fiercely protective of their mates and offspring. The male will brood on the eggs while the female is hunting.

I find them comforting. Mrs. Barbarian gave them names, but I forget what they are.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can't imagine life without my father, though I know the odds are I will have to face that before too terribly long, even with our genes. I'm so very glad you still have yours as well and God keep the both of you, preferably together for as long as health allows.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
For people like this:

"A correspondent from the Dallas rescue group Society for Companion Animals reports this little dog, bleeding badly from what appeared to be a mauling by a larger dog, was dumped in the night drop box at the Dallas animal shelter late Monday.

“Night shift at the shelter thought to put him out of his pain and injuries,” she said. “They had him on the lab table ready to inject him when the officer looked into his eyes and just could not put him down. This officer took the time to shave him and stop the bleeding [until] the vet staff arrived next morning.”

The dog, named “Thunder” by rescuers, will require extensive medical care, but is expected to survive."

Dallas Morning News

Surely there's an extra nice spot in Heaven for a person who treats God's creatures with love and compassion.