Time to tend to other things...

glorydaz

Your nemesis. The guy who continually pulled apart your lack of scientific knowledge and then some. The guy who wound you up so much that you were reduced to pointless emoticons and this garbage on so many occasions.

:idunno:

You should quite sucking on those lemon slices, smarty.

Arthur Brain

Oh, I'm getting it, alright. You aren't capable of admitting you were claiming those who knew your British slang were smarter than those who don't, and then you foolishly admit you're narrowing it down to "some areas" where you're concerned. Pull that chest in...it's unbecoming.

And, I'm not "venting", I'm giving you a smack down. Get it straight.

Pull your own chest in doofus. You were caught out in an asinine attempt to mock Wiz for using a word that's pretty commonplace in English and you're just smarting cos you've been called on it. Nothing new...

glorydaz

Common enough for anyone clued up in English.

So's "whinge", which is more than a bit funny at this 'juncture'..:D

At this 'juncture'? :chuckle:

According to the Grammarist, the term "whinge" entered in the US during the 1980s but it never really became popular:

To whinge is to complain, especially in a fretful and persistent way. The word is roughly synonymous with whine, grouse, and gripe, and it often connotes annoyance with the complaining person or a sense that the complaining is unreasonable.

The word is almost nonexistent in American and Canadian English. While we find hundreds of instances of whinge used in U.K., Irish, and Australian news publications over the last few months, North American publications contain only a few scattered examples. Meanwhile, our American spell check catches whinge, our American dictionaries list it as British, and an unscientific poll we conducted suggests that some Americans have no knowledge of the word.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/292342/does-anyone-use-both-whinge-and-whine

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is not common here in America. I live here and you don't.

Unless you're just one of those "wanna be" foreigners. :idunno:

My family knew some Brits when I was just a kid. The father of this Brit family kind of cheated my dad out of a business deal, before this same Brit gentleman, embezzled his Companies assets, got on a jet with his family in tow, and hightailed it back to 'jolly old England.' Are they all like that, probably not. However, that was my experience with the Brits.

Arthur Brain

My family knew some Brits when I was just a kid. The father of this Brit family kind of cheated my dad out of a business deal, before this same Brit gentleman, embezzled his Companies assets, got on a jet with his family in tow, and hightailed it back to 'jolly old England.' Are they all like that, probably not. However, that was my experience with the Brits.

Of course they aren't just like all Americans aren't fanatical cranks.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course they aren't just like all Americans aren't fanatical cranks.

My first and most, memorable interaction with a Brit ... was my pastor's wife ... who just happened to be the mother of my friend, the late-Steve Bridges. I will always be grateful for her wisdom and guidance.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
My hope is that Barb will seek out a reputable therapist while he's on hiatus? Hatred and animus can wreak havoc on one's physical well being. Barb has some fans on TOL including Rusha, AB, and the Wiz. I suppose they're hoping that Barb will have a speedy recovery and be back at the helm very soon. No doubt, wherever he is, he's paying careful attention to CNN, KNBC, ABC, etc. After all, he has to keep up on the far-left propaganda. I'll bet he really enjoyed that comedienne the other night. He probably had quite a few belly-laughs? :rotfl:

glorydaz

Yeah, juncture, or is that another word you haven't heard of? Clearly there's people in America who do use and have heard the word like...Oh, that's right, Sherman.

:plain:

I was just wondering why you chose to put single quotation marks around a word that was not in a quote. :chuckle:

Clearly, you like to exclude yourself from the punctation policing you and your chief buddy engage in.

As far as Sherman goes, she's been having to deal with the likes of you for quite some time. She must know you need more ways to whine than just one.

Arthur Brain

I was just wondering why you chose to put single quotation marks around a word that was not in a quote. :chuckle:

Clearly, you like to exclude yourself from the punctation policing you and your chief buddy engage in.

Well, it's "punctuation" but that's a freebie. :D

As far as Sherman goes, she's been having to deal with the likes of you for quite some time. She must know you need more ways to whine than just one.

Yeah, I make trouble for the mods around here all the time GD. Whinging to the woodshed every five minutes over petty stuff, flaunting forum guidelines, the whole works...

glorydaz

Well, it's "punctuation" but that's a freebie. :D

Yeah, I make trouble for the mods around here all the time GD. Whinging to the woodshed every five minutes over petty stuff, flaunting forum guidelines, the whole works...

I'm glad to see I'm giving you something to keep you busy....petty as it is.