ECT Time to speak the truth in love Ephesians 4:15

oatmeal

You do not understand scripture unless Wierville has taught you what it means...and he teaches awrong.

Salvation was the gift, that Cornelius had received the Holy Ghost was proof to Peter that the gift of salvation had been received.

Only a Person can be grieved, can be pleased, can speak, can teach, can comfort.

Your saying that the Holy Spirit is not a Person simply shows you do not know Him.

Read I John 4:13.

What is it saying?

oatmeal

You do not understand scripture unless Wierville has taught you what it means...and he teaches awrong.

Salvation was the gift, that Cornelius had received the Holy Ghost was proof to Peter that the gift of salvation had been received.

Only a Person can be grieved, can be pleased, can speak, can teach, can comfort.

Your saying that the Holy Spirit is not a Person simply shows you do not know Him.

If you would have read my post carefully, you would have learned something and would have not inserted your foot in your mouth

I John 4:13

God, who is the Holy Spirit, is the Giver of His gift, holy spirit, to those who do Romans 10:9-10

He gave to us of His spirit.

Not distinguishing between the Giver and the gift has caused much confusion

You need to not only learn to read people's posts and actually reply to what was actually written in them, you, as LA pointed out, need to learn to read scripture and present scripture if you wish to have any credibility

Oh, by the Way, indeed it was from Dr. Wierwille from whom I learned vast part of what I know of scripture, and I am deeply thankful to God that He raised up Dr. Wierwille so those who truly hunger and thirst for righteousness could be filled. Did I learn scripture from other sources as well? Indeed I did, but it was crumbs compared to what I learned from Dr. Wierwille and his associates and teachers.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you would have read my post carefully, you would have learned something and would have not inserted your foot in your mouth

You need to not only learn to read people's posts and actually reply to what was actually written in them, you, as LA pointed out, need to learn to read scripture and present scripture if you wish to have any credibility

Oh, by the Way, indeed it was from Dr. Wierwille from whom I learned vast part of what I know of scripture, and I am deeply thankful to God that He raised up Dr. Wierwille so those who truly hunger and thirst for righteousness could be filled. Did I learn scripture from other sources as well? Indeed I did, but it was crumbs compared to what I learned from Dr. Wierwille and his associates and teachers.

Yes it is the doctrine of Wierwille, Jesu's doctrine is "I will pray the Father and He will send another Comforter to be with you and He will dwell in you"

"The Holy Ghost who the Father will send in My name HE shall teach you all things"

You say He is not a person [because you learned from Wierwille] but Christ says He is person and we know Him as a person....He teaches us.

oatmeal

Yes it is the doctrine of Wierwille, Jesu's doctrine is "I will pray the Father and He will send another Comforter to be with you and He will dwell in you"

"The Holy Ghost who the Father will send in My name HE shall teach you all things"

You say He is not a person [because you learned from Wierwille] but Christ says He is person and we know Him as a person....He teaches us.

Actually not, for Jesus spoke Aramaic, and in the Aramaic there are no neutral nouns, there are either masculine or feminine forms. Thus to literally translate the Aramaic into Greek, it would have to translated into either the masculine or feminine forms.

Romans 8:26

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

is one place it was translated as "it"

Here it is translated "it". Why is spirit referred to as an "it"? because it is a gift, the gift from the Giver who is God, the Holy Spirit

Rest assured, Dr. Wierwille spent years trying to understand the subject of the power of the first century church. He learned more than you'll ever know. That power was the result of what Jesus referred to in Acts 1:8. That gift of holy spirit, when utilized as God instructs, is the power the first century used and enjoyed.

In what ways is that power manifested? There nine and only nine ways to use that gift of holy spirit. I Corinthians 12:8-10 tells us those nine ways and what they are profitable for

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Actually not, for Jesus spoke Aramaic, and in the Aramaic there are no neutral nouns, there are either masculine or feminine forms. Thus to literally translate the Aramaic into Greek, it would have to translated into either the masculine or feminine forms.

Romans 8:26

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

is one place it was translated as "it"

Here it is translated "it". Why is spirit referred to as an "it"? because it is a gift, the gift from the Giver who is God, the Holy Spirit

Rest assured, Dr. Wierwille spent years trying to understand the subject of the power of the first century church. He learned more than you'll ever know. That power was the result of what Jesus referred to in Acts 1:8. That gift of holy spirit, when utilized as God instructs, is the power the first century used and enjoyed.

In what ways is that power manifested? There nine and only nine ways to use that gift of holy spirit. I Corinthians 12:8-10 tells us those nine ways and what they are profitable for

It is an example of Wierville's good for nothingism.

It doesn't do anything, it neither adds nor subtracts from the fact that the Holy Spirit is a Person whether He is spoken in the masculine, feminie or neutral. of COURSE He is Spirit and therefore neutral for male or female are according to our physical bodies.

You are saying [Wierville is saying] because a cabbage is not a sprout it cannot be a vegetable.

If you think for a tiny moment that the Holy Ghost is something that you or Wierwille can use and employ you are far, far the other side of unenlightened.

In our dispensation the Holy Ghost is all in all in the church, the executor of all that God wills and does.

I will tell you something with all sincerity...in love I tell you the truth

You will never receive ought from God while you cleave to Wierville....if he had lived much longer he would have been indicted.

oatmeal

It is an example of Wierville's good for nothingism.

It doesn't do anything, it neither adds nor subtracts from the fact that the Holy Spirit is a Person whether He is spoken in the masculine, feminie or neutral. of COURSE He is Spirit and therefore neutral for male or female are according to our physical bodies.

You are saying [Wierville is saying] because a cabbage is not a sprout it cannot be a vegetable.

If you think for a tiny moment that the Holy Ghost is something that you or Wierwille can use and employ you are far, far the other side of unenlightened.

In our dispensation the Holy Ghost is all in all in the church, the executor of all that God wills and does.

I will tell you something with all sincerity...in love I tell you the truth

You will never receive ought from God while you cleave to Wierville....if he had lived much longer he would have been indicted.

Please point out where I mentioned cabbage.

As for your non scriptural opinions, when you choose to live by God's word, then you will learn to read and remember and live by God's word, which will then enable to speak God's word with experiential authority.

What Dr. Wierwille taught was scripture.

He taught what it is to live the more abundant life of John 10:10.

If you cannot handle John 10:10 and live it, you need to learn from those who have.

Dr. Wierwille taught that Jesus is the way to the Father. John 14:6

Why you would have a problem with that? Because so far, scripture is a foreign concept to you

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
His faith failed him when the test came...that's what I'm saying...knowing scriptures does not equate to possessing the life ....

There was nothing wrong with the scripture knowledge of the Pharisees....yet Christ [of whom the scriptures teach] was not at all to their liking.

oatmeal

His faith failed him when the test came...that's what I'm saying...knowing scriptures does not equate to possessing the life ....

There was nothing wrong with the scripture knowledge of the Pharisees....yet Christ [of whom the scriptures teach] was not at all to their liking.

God worked in his life.

We all sin, including you, we all fail to live up the standards of God's word at times. So by your judgement, you too are a counterfeit. After all, are you sinless, are you the one not in need of the God's salvation through Christ?

Moses died, not setting foot on the promised land, was his life a waste of time?

Did Daniel ever return to the land of Israel? Was Daniel a failure?

When David was messing around with Bathsheba, was he wrong? Yes, he was, yet David did many right things that are recorded as scripture.

Go ahead, finish the job, you cast the first stone, why stop now?

oatmeal

Totton,

I am still waiting for some truth in one of your posts here.

You are excellent at offering your uninformed opinions, yet I do not see one shred of scripture in your posts. If it is there, it is buried under your expert opinions. And you are quite the expert at sharing your opinions

Ephesians 4:15 is quite clear. Speak the truth in love