ECT Time to speak the truth in love Ephesians 4:15

oatmeal

To whom it may concern,

Evidently, you do not like a lot of people on this website.

John 13:35

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Please show what scripture teaches on the subjects you believe you are rightly dividing.

It is a simple evil to refer to people as evil, but to teach what is right, that would take some actual reading and study of scriptures and it would take time to develop that knowledge into a form that teaches, instructs.

That would actually take work.

It would require that we look more thoroughly than finding one verse and basing our entire theology on it. However, some subjects have only one verse that teaches on a particular subject

I will give some simple examples of teaching

I believe that the magi saw Jesus and his mother in a house, not in a barn. Matthew 2:11 And that he was no longer a babe lying in a manger, but a young child already.

I believe that Jesus was interred for three days and three nights. Matthew 12:40

I believe that Christians are saved from the wrath to come. Romans 5:9, I Thessalonians 1:10

I believe that because of the finished works of Jesus Christ, the only two requirements to receive the gift of salvation are as given in Romans 10:9-10, that salvation is a gift we could not earn or work for, Galatians 3:21-22

I believe that the dead are dead and have no consciousness. Psalm 6:5, Ecclesiastes 9:4-6,10 ...

It is a simple matter to tell someone they are wrong.

It takes work to tell someone what is right.

Bradley D

I believe that that the love Jesus spoke of was to keep the disciples together and from falling apart. To prevent argument that could tear them apart and desires to be leaders over one another. To be true to the mission of preaching and spreading the gospel.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
To whom it may concern,

Evidently, you do not like a lot of people on this website.

John 13:35

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Please show what scripture teaches on the subjects you believe you are rightly dividing.

It is a simple evil to refer to people as evil, but to teach what is right, that would take some actual reading and study of scriptures and it would take time to develop that knowledge into a form that teaches, instructs.

That would actually take work.

It would require that we look more thoroughly than finding one verse and basing our entire theology on it. However, some subjects have only one verse that teaches on a particular subject

I will give some simple examples of teaching

I believe that the magi saw Jesus and his mother in a house, not in a barn. Matthew 2:11 And that he was no longer a babe lying in a manger, but a young child already.

I believe that Jesus was interred for three days and three nights. Matthew 12:40

I believe that Christians are saved from the wrath to come. Romans 5:9, I Thessalonians 1:10

I believe that because of the finished works of Jesus Christ, the only two requirements to receive the gift of salvation are as given in Romans 10:9-10, that salvation is a gift we could not earn or work for, Galatians 3:21-22

I believe that the dead are dead and have no consciousness. Psalm 6:5, Ecclesiastes 9:4-6,10 ...

It is a simple matter to tell someone they are wrong.

It takes work to tell someone what is right.

The truth about Paul Wierville [prolly mis-spelt] is that the doctrines he taught which were good he plagiarised he mixed in with this a lot of FALSE doctrine and a lot of good for nothingism like the mountain he makes out the molehill as to whether the Magi came to a house or the barn...which he pumps up as some kind of major revelation from much bible study.

But some of the true doctrines are also without unction. For I say to you that it is necessary to confess Christ as LORD, lord will not do.

You of course will think this is spoken out of spite and not love.

Reactions: Lon

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I believe that that the love Jesus spoke of was to keep the disciples together and from falling apart. To prevent argument that could tear them apart and desires to be leaders over one another. To be true to the mission of preaching and spreading the gospel.

There is an AMAZING unity among evangelicals as to gospel fundamentals....when you consider 2,000 years and all the enemies of the gospel and everything that militates against the truth.

....true believers have a smell about them

oatmeal

Because of passages like Colossians 3:14, I believe that love is the bond of perfection

oatmeal

There is an AMAZING unity among evangelicals as to gospel fundamentals....when you consider 2,000 years and all the enemies of the gospel and everything that militates against the truth.

2 Corinthians 2:15

For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

Scripture supports that. Is is a physical smell or is it spiritual in nature or a combination of both?

II Corinthians continues to describe this concept

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

3 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?

2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

oatmeal

Which MAD is this aimed at, specifically?

Ephesians 4:11-15

And he gave some apostles and some prophets and some evangelists and some pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1 Timothy 5:13

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

oatmeal

It's aimed at the apostle Paul?

Really? that is your conclusion?

What does 1 Timothy 5:13

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

teach?

We are not to be idle, and not only so, but we are not to be tattlers and busybodies.

What can you learn from that?

This thread was not aimed at any person in particular, for all believers could mature in Christ in some way or fashion.

It is by speaking the truth in love that we grow up in all things in Christ

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

I am not completely mature in all things in Christ, are you?

But I know how to mature in all things in Christ for Ephesians 4:15 tells me how.

It is clearly God's will that all believers mature in all things in Christ who is the head of the body.

Why delay, why not start today? right now

First we must learn the truth, and we must learn to speak it, and we must learn to speak the truth in love.

Not as I Corinthians 13 tells us what love is not.

charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity,

however, we can learn to love as it is described in I Corinthians 13

Charity suffereth long, and is kind, rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

We we learn that then we will see that

Charity never faileth

Speaking the truth in love is God's will that we might grow up in all things in Christ who is the head

oatmeal

So whom, specifically, on TOL are you referring to? This is TOL, we can take it.

This thread was not about one person.

How many people can you name that are not completely grown up in him, Ephesians 4:15, who are not perfect in Christ Jesus, Colossians 1:28?

How about everybody you know?

Who is Ephesians 4:15 addressed to?

Ephesians 1:1 b ... to the faithful in Christ Jesus

Is Ephesians 4:15 directed to you?

Is everyone you know "faithful in Christ Jesus"?

How would you help them to become faithful in Christ Jesus if they were interested in becoming faithful in Christ Jesus?

God's will is that we all grow up in all things in Christ.

Who do you believe that that truth applies to?

oatmeal

Many people speak the truth but do they do it motivated by love or by something else or a little of both?

I Corinthians 13 lists some of the negative motivations that people speak truth for

charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity,

Love is giving, not taking.

John 3:16 God so loved the world that He

a. whined about that no one loves him

b. stated that He has loved enough so all giving is done

c. gave

d. told everyone to shut up

e. accused everyone of sin and name called

oatmeal

Your OP just seems rather specifically targeted (which is fine). I was just curious.

Originally, the idea was to respond to an individual, but that hardly seemed worth the time or effort.

Reviewing the situation, I decided that to deal with that one individual was not in anyone's best interest, so I decided to generalize the subject.

Speaking the truth is love seems to be in short supply sometimes.

Name calling, ignorance of scripture and self interest seems to grow like weeds once in a while.

How often are replies to posts we disagree with clearly and purely prompted by a willful decision to speak the truth in love as Ephesians 4:15 instructs?

If there are such posts, then why?

Why not learn to speak the truth in love.

It maybe easy in some situations, but others are far more challenging.

Nevertheless, we are to speak the truth in love regardless of whether we find it easy or difficult.

Ephesians 4:15 AMP

Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

Who does this not apply to?

musterion

Originally, the idea was to respond to an individual, but that hardly seemed worth the time or effort.

Reviewing the situation, I decided that to deal with that one individual was not in anyone's best interest, so I decided to generalize the subject.

Fair enough.

Speaking the truth is love seems to be in short supply sometimes.
I'm as guilty as anyone.

Name calling, ignorance of scripture and self interest seems to grow like weeds once in a while.
Agreed.

How often are replies to posts we disagree with clearly and purely prompted by a willful decision to speak the truth in love as Ephesians 4:15 instructs?
Not as often as should be.

If there are such posts, then why?
The flesh.

Why not learn to speak the truth in love.

It maybe easy in some situations, but others are far more challenging.
Yes.

Nevertheless, we are to speak the truth in love regardless of whether we find it easy or difficult.

Ephesians 4:15 AMP
I don't see where I disagree with anything you say, but the more fundamental issue is when the people you speak of have and are believing contradictory gospels. It kind of moots the whole point, valid though it may be.

Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

Who does this not apply to?

To those who are not His due to belief in a false gospel.

oatmeal

Fair enough.

I'm as guilty as anyone.

Agreed.

Not as often as should be.

The flesh.

Yes.

I don't see where I disagree with anything you say, but the more fundamental issue is when the people you speak of have and are believing contradictory gospels. It kind of moots the whole point, valid though it may be.

To those who are not His due to belief in a false gospel.

God would not instruct us to do something we are unable to do.

Thanks for your active participation in this thread

oatmeal

Evidently, there is more concern about slander, a thread has been started on it, yet it points out only one alleged offender, yet is slander monopolized by that one individual?

Indeed, people need to learn to speak the truth in love.

oatmeal

oat

That applies to the Elect, them Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 !

All Christians are the elect, chosen in him, before the foundation of the world.

God's foreknowledge enabled him to choose those He foreknew would choose to believe!

Romans 8:29-30