This idiot needs a little jail time.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
At 3:43 the newsman stated that the officer's report stated that the growling dog was showing it's teeth was going up the hill towards him. That's not shown on the video, as the officers gun is blocking much of the view.

How fast can a charging pit bull move that is 20 or less feet away from it's target? It'll be on it's target within seconds.

If the dog was aggressive and posed a threat, then it was justified.

But the fact that he was calling to them instead of waiting for animal control makes that look suspect. Its not like no cop has ever stated something not entirely accurate to cover himself.

Granite

Hall of Fame

But the fact that he was calling to them instead of waiting for animal control makes that look suspect. Its not like no cop has ever stated something not entirely accurate to cover himself.

He lured them over, plain and simple.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
BTW, animal control was already on the way, and arrived in time to stop the officer from killing the second dog, which came up to the animal control officer and was collared without incident.

Apparently, the officer and his family are staying out of state after police reported several death threats. Cruelty to animals doesn't play so well in Texas.

Well no, but death threats for killing a dog is ridiculous!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

If making a noise with your tongue is "calling to them", so be it. Keep in mind that these dogs were no way 'contained' in the "ditch" and could have gone out another way and attacked innocent bystanders.

The bottom line is that Cleburne Police Officer Kevin Dupre was called to a house where a breed of dog known for it's deadly viciousness were running loose. He used deadly force when one of them approached him showing signs of hostility.

I'll let the author of the thread get the last word in, as that's something the barbarian always does.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Well no, but death threats for killing a dog is ridiculous!

Don't come to Texas and go around shooting people's dogs. You're perfectly right, it's ridiculous. But that might not save you.

It's not the "libruls"; it's the rednecks that officer needs to worry about.

BTW, notice that the officer lied about the dog growling as well. We can clearly hear him making kissie noises to lure the puppy closer, but no growling is heard.

Do you wonder why rogue cops hate body cams?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They do indeed but in virtually every case of a fatal attack the dog was an unneutered male.

A 2009 study in the Journal of Forensic Science ($$), found that the owners of vicious dogs, regardless of the breed, had “significantly more criminal behaviors than other dog owners.” The researchers added that “vicious dog owners were higher in sensation seeking and primary psychopathy,” and concluded that “vicious dog ownership may be a simple marker of broader social deviance.” And according to the ASPCA, “Pit Bulls often attract the worst kind of dog owners.”

All of those human failings lead to poorly socialized and potentially aggressive dogs. It is because pit bulls are disproportionately favored by these kinds of owners that they’re responsible for a statistically outsize share of serious attacks on humans. These incidents are then reported – and very often misreported – with breathless sensationalism by the media, and the cycle continues.
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/05/in_defense_of_the_pitbull_partner/

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Delmar cites:
A 2009 study in the Journal of Forensic Science ($$), found that the owners of vicious dogs, regardless of the breed, had “significantly more criminal behaviors than other dog owners.”

When I was a kid, those people tended to get German shepherds, which had the same reputation then, that pit bulls have now.

It was always the owner; the dog is just responding to what the owner wants. Granted, selective breeding can make any breed more aggressive. Look at bulldogs, which were once fighting dogs used in bull baiting.

Now, they are among the most gentle and unaggressive of dogs. Doesn't take long to change them.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Delmar writes:
You are making me really sad!

Forums often contain one or more unacknowledged sub-societies, but everyone except the most clueless know that these groups exist and constantly feel their influence. Such alliances congeal because of similarities in ideas and attitudes, or for the desire for power and influence within the forum. Since human beings are hierarchical creatures each of these these little mafias always have a Godfather who is surrounded by a cadre of loyal henchmen. Unlike Rebel Leader, Issues, Furious Typer and other noisy Warriors, Godfather only occasionally deigns to enter into discussions, but when he does everyone listens to him respectfully and his pronouncements have an air of finality.
http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/godfather.htm

What's different is that Delmar has no need of henchmen.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
does the barbarian have an agenda here?
or
does he just like pit bulls?
I don't think so
pit bulls were not mentioned in the opening post
the fact that there were three pit bulls wasn't mentioned either
the fact that the caller said 4 to 5 pit bulls wasn't mentioned
so
he just doesn't like police killing dogs regardless of the circumstances
but
I think we should take a look at the circumstances
the barbarian is a political animal
his threads are mostly political
he seems to put republicans in bad light
republicans support the police
the police shoot puppies
there is an election in the near future

WizardofOz

does the barbarian have an agenda here?
Spoiler

or
does he just like pit bulls?
I don't think so
pit bulls were not mentioned in the opening post
the fact that there were three pit bulls wasn't mentioned either
the fact that the caller said 4 to 5 pit bulls wasn't mentioned
so
he just doesn't like police killing dogs regardless of the circumstances
but
I think we should take a look at the circumstances
the barbarian is a political animal
his threads are mostly political
he seems to put republicans in bad light
republicans support the police

the police shoot puppies
Spoiler
there is an election in the near future

That might be it...;)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
are you troubled by this fact?

And according to the ASPCA, “Pit Bulls often attract the worst kind of dog owners.”
I am not trouble by that fact. I, in fact, have no problem with the idea that pit bull breeders should be profiled for this very reason. I would seek to own one and would never buy a pit bull from a breeder for that very reason.

I became the owner of what, nearest we could figure out, was a pit
great dane cross because bad people tied him to a tree in my back yard and left him. He was mangy and flea bitten and was the sweetest most gentle dog I have ever encountered. I will make no apologies for nursing him back to health and loving him for the time he had to give his devotion and protection to my family!

Granite

Hall of Fame
I am not trouble by that fact. I, in fact, have no problem with the idea that pit bull breeders should be profiled for this very reason. I would seek to own one and would never buy a pit bull from a breeder for that very reason.

I became the owner of what, nearest we could figure out, was a pit
great dane cross because bad people tied him to a tree in my back yard and left him. He was mangy and flea bitten and was the sweetest most gentle dog I have ever encountered. I will make no apologies for nursing him back to health and loving him for the time he had to give his devotion and protection to my family!

I got my girl from the shelter. With all the unwanted pits out there already, there really isn't a need to be breeding them.

It's also worth noting what attracts bad people to these good dogs: Traits we gave them in the first place. Loyalty, desperation to please...and an ability to just ignore pain. That speaks more to man's depravity than anything else.