This idiot needs a little jail time.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
About 70 people gathered Saturday afternoon in Cleburne to protest against a police officer who fatally shot a dog in August.

In a video that began circulating online last week, the officer was shown coaxing the dog toward him before shooting it.

The short video, taken from a body camera’s perspective, shows the officer holding a handgun while summoning two dogs toward him.

As the animals approach with their tails wagging, the officer fires several times.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...and-firing-of-officer-who-shot-killed-dog.ece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUdpZlB941s

Apparently, the officer and his family are staying out of state after police reported several death threats. Cruelty to animals doesn't play so well in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This idiot needs a little jail time.

BTW, animal control was already on the way, and arrived in time to stop the officer from killing the second dog, which came up to the animal control officer and was collared without incident.

Apparently, the officer and his family are staying out of state after police reported several death threats. Cruelty to animals doesn't play so well in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
...The short video,...

I hope by now people have learned not to believe the lying left wing press (which barbarian is a huge ally of) without knowing the entire story (i.e. Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown).

Questions that need to be asked before convicting the officer are:

Why was the officer there in the first place, i.e. did the animal maul a child?

Etc. etc. etc.

Truster

Destroy someones idols and the idolators get nasty. The same bunch of people probably wouldn't flinch at abortion or child cruelty.

I can't find one video of a cop shooting a dog that had people outraged a few years ago when I lived in Denver but this kind of thing is all over youtube.

To me, there are just some cops that don't belong even owning a gun much less being on a force and the failure to weed these bad apples out is a massive failure of both the police and our justice system. I've have experiences with cops who, for no reason whatsoever, went out of their way to be as ugly as possible. One time I was with a group of guys about 20 years old who were sledding in a park and a cop said we "were following him." Last time was in Anchorage. I worked till midnight and was going to a friends house in a multi-building apartment complex. In one of the separate building from my friend's apartment there were about 4 or 5 cops lingering around as there was apparently some crack dealer who lived there. As I was going, quite obviously, to a different apartment one piggy just decided I must have been there to buy crack. He grabbed my hand and pulled it around my back while grabbing my other hand which, after a second, I realized was an attempt to make me think he was going to cuff me and he was hoping I'd resist. He was a HUGE guy, BTW, and could probably bench at least 400 pounds. He then illegally went through my pockets "accidentally" dropping my glasses and other stuff on the ground. I perhaps should have filed a complaint but it probably wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
About 70 people gathered Saturday afternoon in Cleburne to protest against a police officer who fatally shot a dog in August.

In a video that began circulating online last week, the officer was shown coaxing the dog toward him before shooting it.

The short video, taken from a body camera’s perspective, shows the officer holding a handgun while summoning two dogs toward him.

As the animals approach with their tails wagging, the officer fires several times.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...and-firing-of-officer-who-shot-killed-dog.ece

BTW, animal control was already on the way, and arrived in time to stop the officer from killing the second dog, which came up to the animal control officer and was collared without incident.

I am not in favor of jail time, but I wouldn't object to him receiving a good flogging!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I hope by now people have learned not to believe the lying left wing press

If you think FOX is "left wing", you're a lot dumber than people think and that's saying something.

CLEBURNE, TX-- A Texas police officer is under investigation after shooting and killing a dog that he said acted aggressively towards him.
The incident happened in August, but the Cleburne Police Department just released the video, which is raising many questions and sparking outrage.

The disturbing video shows the Cleburne officer calling two dogs over to him before repeatedly shooting one of them.The dog named Maximus appears to be wagging his tail in the video before he's shot. According to the officer, the dog took an aggressive posture and growled before he shot the dog three times, killing him.

The footage is believed to have been recorded on the officer's body camera.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/26824918/video

(which barbarian is a huge ally of) without knowing the entire story (i.e. Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown).

I remember most people like me, said no one knew for sure what happened. But every racist in the book immediately took one side or the other. Remember that, Connie? Everyone here does.

Questions that need to be asked before convicting the officer are:

Why was the officer there in the first place, i.e. did the animal maul a child?

No, that didn't happen. In fact, no one reported any aggressive action (other than the one on the body camera, which has one of the three dogs jumping up on the officer, and trying to lick him). Some people reported the dogs loose and were afraid to leave their car because the dogs came up to the car.

Which isn't stupid, but clearly, these dogs weren't being aggressive. The cop clearly knew this, because he used friendly noises to lure one of the dogs (tail wagging) closer, to get a good shot at him.

And it turns out that animal control was on the way; they got there in time to prevent the idiot from killing the second dog, which was peaceful and easily taken into custody.

Perhaps most damning, the cop lied about the circumstances. Any one could see from the video that these dogs were not angry or aggressive. And the cop knew it; or he wouldn't have been making friendly noises to attact the dogs.

Just another trigger-happy goon, who wanted to use his gun. If he had just waited for animal control, he'd never have gotten himself in that mess.

Etc. etc. etc.

GFR7

I won't watch the videos because I will become too enraged.
I think too many dogs are shot unnecessarily by police these days.
There are a number of different cases out there.
Very bad.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Longer video of dog shooting incident released
http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/...cle_dc7881c8-5a2f-11e4-ace4-ab48eeb735dc.html

In the 9-year period from 2005 to 2013, pit bulls killed 176 Americans and accounted for 62% of the total recorded deaths (283). Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers accounted for 74% of these deaths
http://www.dogsbite.org/

What's so disturbing is that these 'peace loving' animal rights activists make threats to murder a police officer and his family over the death of a dog.

Last edited:

Truster

Only Satan would fill a mans heart with such wickedness as to elevate animals to the estate that was given to man.

''For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour''.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The longer video you posted, (the part showing the officer luring the young one close before shooting it was edited out) shows only that the one dog they found up to that time was friendly and not at all aggressive. It did show that the neighbor complaining about the dogs had some kind of grudge against the dog's owners.

I notice that one officer tried to tell another neighbor that she was responsible for the dogs since she was watching the owner's kids, and another officer saying she (apparently black) was speaking in "swahili code."

Nothing whatever showing any extenuating circumstances that might excuse the shooting of the dog.

I doubt that "animal activists" are behind the threats. This is Texas, and while hunting is a popular thing here, shooting dogs is guaranteed to rile a lot of good ol' boys.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Only Satan would fill a mans heart with such wickedness as to elevate animals to the estate that was given to man.

I don't think anyone supposes this amounts to murder. But it's a despicable thing, and should be punished. For many reasons. It's well-established that people who like to harm animals tend to go on to harming people. This guy needs to have a job where he's not able to do that.

If I were the chief, I'd want him off the force for stupidity. Filing a false report after the event was covered by a body cam is pretty dumb.

Truster

I don't think anyone supposes this amounts to murder. But it's a despicable thing, and should be punished. For many reasons. It's well-established that people who like to harm animals tend to go on to harming people. This guy needs to have a job where he's not able to do that.

If I were the chief, I'd want him off the force for stupidity. Filing a false report after the event was covered by a body cam is pretty dumb.

Animals are killed all day long for meat so why don't the slaughter house workers get jailed? Because those animals have not become idols in the West as dogs have. In other parts of the world cows are venerated and as such cannot be slaughtered for food.
Elsewhere dogs are treated as meat and Western ''dog lovers'' go to those nations to protest and even buy dogs to rescue.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I can only imagine how frustrated the barbarian must be after white liberals like him and their black radical allies were able to figuratively lynch George Zimmerman and Ferguson MO police officer Darren Wilson, but not literally. Yes, the Judeo-Christian right of self defense won out in those cases, and it will win in this case as well. Keep trying barbarian, you'll eventually get to lynch a police officer.

http://www.dogsbite.org/

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
nice to see the barbarian is against police killing dogs
and
he also claims to be against killing babies
but
you won't be able to find his thread about that
most of his threads put republicans in bad light
and
republicans support police
everybody knows that

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Did anyone watch the news reel? Neighbors had called police about several loose pitbulls - pitbulls are large dangerous dogs and they should not have been out off a leash, they were keeping neighbors from being able to get out of their car with a child and an elderly person.

Animal control should have been called to get them though - a guy saying they are friendly because of a wagging tail means nothing, wagging tails do NOT just mean friendly, nervous dogs wag them too.

What a Dog’s Tail Wags Really Mean: Some New Scientific Data
Specific tail wags provide information about dogs’ emotional state.

Science is always providing new information that allows us to interpret the behaviors of dogs, or to reinterpret behaviors which we thought we understood very well-such as the meaning of a dog's tail wagging.
dog dogs canine canines tail wag language signal

Perhaps the most common misinterpretation of dogs is the myth that a dog wagging its tail is happy and friendly. While some wags are indeed associated with happiness, others can mean fear, insecurity, a social challenge or even a warning that if you approach, you are apt to be bitten.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ail-wags-really-mean-some-new-scientific-data

The owner of the dogs needs a little jail time too for not containing their dogs.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Did anyone watch the news reel? Neighbors had called police about several loose pitbulls - pitbulls are large dangerous dogs and they should not have been out off a leash, they were keeping neighbors from being able to get out of their car with a child and an elderly person.

I am all for police shooting loose pit bulls
so
I must be a republican

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
another republican

"I remember reading that one of the dogs approaching got within a certain distance and started growling. A dog can and will wag it's tail and growl at the same time. The police were called out when people couldn't exit their car, in their driveway, because these dogs were threatening. It's upsetting to me that a law enforcement office called to deal with the situation is now being shown as a villain for dealing with the situation. Three dogs (and there were 3) are called a pack. It only takes one pack animal to attack and the others will join in regardless of how harmless they behaving at first. Ranchers/farmers will not own three dogs because they know the damage they can cause. It's just city residents who aren't aware and value an animal over humans that don't get it. "