things are different now...for me

clefty

Greetings Clefty,

I'm pretty new here myself. I agree with your three points, although I don't see why you don't believe Sabbath is Friday evening until Saturday evening?

Shabbat Shalom!

praise be!!

The confusion begins by applying the directions for the day of atonement on all days...

notice how it is stressed that the day of atonement is begun in the evening of the nineth day and last to during the 10th

26 The Lord said to Moses, 27 “The tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. Hold a sacred assembly and deny yourselves,[d] and present a food offering to the Lord. 28 Do not do any work on that day, because it is the Day of Atonement, when atonement is made for you before the Lord your God. 29 Those who do not deny themselves on that day must be cut off from their people. 30 I will destroy from among their people anyone who does any work on that day. 31 You shall do no work at all. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live. 32 It is a day of sabbath rest for you, and you must deny yourselves. From the evening of the ninth day of the month until the following evening you are to observe your sabbath.” Lev. 23

if days were considered from evening to evening that instruction would be redundant as the 10th would start the evening before...

but the day of Atonement begins the night part of the 9th into the day of the 10th....

Passover too is a 2 day affair beginning at evening/night of the 14th when lamb is killed and eaten...midnight the angel passes and into the day of the 15th...

again "in the beginning" was continual darkness...how is the first night of the day separated from that?

day begins with light...

we are children of light...

here's more...

http://www.livingthetorah.webs.com/whenthedaybegins.htm

http://whenisthesabbath.com/when-does-a-day-start.htm

http://www.eliyah.com/responses/sunrisesabbathresponse.html

the joy of this is that sunday morning when the tomb was discovered already empty and "he is risen and is gone" we can celebrate that Sabbath, the day before, indeed heals and restores....

clefty

Welcome to TOL.

And if I'm mistaken in the least about GOD's name or it's pronunciation, then I guess He doesn't have a clue who I'm talking to.

For that matter, perhaps even you've missed it by a tiny variance, which is all the same as the width of eternity, if your position is correct.

You're peepin' through a crack.

lol

the church is a bride yes?

you think it matters what name is whispered on the wedding night?

I think the groom would be pleased to have his name mentioned properly...at least attempted

btw we fail to keep any of the laws...

but does that mean we stop trying?...

you don't have to but I have been immediately blessed by understanding and using the "proper" names as best I know

and like gravity...we don't keep the laws...we become aware they keep us...

in his name

clefty

So how are things different for you now? BTW welcome Clefty!

thanks

I find myself talking more about my beliefs and making more time to research, pray, and study...

conversations with other believers become lively to hostile...

Friday nights are no longer sacred and the Sabbath day is more...

I realize how much I still need to understand but so much is made more clear and meaningful...

and the joy and assurance I have gotten is bountiful

and like any good news I am eager to spread it around...

JosephR

As far as sacred namers go, just remember YhVh "spoke" our universe into existence, so there Is a lot of power In The correct vibration and energy for using names and words, I salute you studies and am interested in speaking "typing" with you more later :) welcome to TOL

Posted from the TOL App!

bybee

As far as sacred namers go, just remember YhVh "spoke" our universe into existence, so there Is a lot of power In The correct vibration and energy for using names and words, I salute you studies and am interested in speaking "typing" with you more later :) welcome to TOL

Posted from the TOL App!

Each of the five times that I was pregnant sparked lively debate between my husband and me. We were able to come to agreement on girl's names but never quite agreed on boy's names.
We had four daughter's in a row, and each time, after we had a chance to get acquainted with them, a name came to us.
Then, when we finally had a son, he was a robust eight pounds five ounces and we were delighted. He then developed a heart problem and the neonatal cardiologist told me that he would either outgrow it or die.
I prayed for him and for me. It came to me that for as long as he lived I would love him with all the energy of my heart. And if he was taken from me then, I should have no regrets.
This has remained the story of my son and I. He was born March 13, 1966 and he, along with his sisters, is the love of my life.

clefty

Posted from the TOL App!

yes indeed...

vibration and energy...wind...flames...spirit...dove

adam's first "noise" was an inhalation of breath...which is the root of the name...yah...

god exhales his name...yah...Yahweh means...yah cries (out)

eve came from a rib that protected the lung...adam's ability to speak the name (inhale) so she was a helper

pray without ceasing is to breath his name is to live...

his name is the breath of life...

JosephR

yes indeed...

vibration and energy...wind...flames...spirit...dove

adam's first "noise" was an inhalation of breath...which is the root of the name...yah...

god exhales his name...yah...Yahweh means...yah cries (out)

eve came from a rib that protected the lung...adam's ability to speak the name (inhale) so she was a helper

pray without ceasing is to breath his name is to live...

his name is the breath of life...

Are you familiar with rabbinic Kabbalah?

And also we must trust that God"YhVh" knows our hearts or minds. That I think is the root of faith that Lon is talking about . You are lead to seek truth and knowledge and wisdom and this is great, however many walk In Faith and grace alone and that's ok too because The Creator knows His creation "us".

Posted from the TOL App!

JosephR

Each of the five times that I was pregnant sparked lively debate between my husband and me. We were able to come to agreement on girl's names but never quite agreed on boy's names.

We had four daughter's in a row, and each time, after we had a chance to get acquainted with them, a name came to us.

Then, when we finally had a son, he was a robust eight pounds five ounces and we were delighted. He then developed a heart problem and the neonatal cardiologist told me that he would either outgrow it or die.

I prayed for him and for me. It came to me that for as long as he lived I would love him with all the energy of my heart. And if he was taken from me then, I should have no regrets.

This has remained the story of my son and I. He was born March 13, 1966 and he, along with his sisters, is the love of my life.

:) what is His name?

Posted from the TOL App!

clefty

nice...praise be

names are powerful

and during birth process...guess Whose name you were crying as they told you to breath...

to be blessed is to be mindful...aware...

in his name

clefty

Are you familiar with rabbinic Kabbalah?

And also we must trust that God"YhVh" knows our hearts or minds. That I think is the root of faith that Lon is talking about . You are lead to seek truth and knowledge and wisdom and this is great, however many walk In Faith and grace alone and that's ok too because The Creator knows His creation "us".

Posted from the TOL App!

I am familiar and with caution...extreme caution...

yes He may know us but do we know him? his voice?

when he calls us?

yes I know many are faith and grace alone....

but my faith and understanding of grace compel me to works if out of gratitude alone...

only be opening our hearts and minds do we realize how closed they were...

bsmitts

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a Christian. I believe in the holy trinity. And no I don't judge or criticize others for what they believe. Thanks for having me.

clefty

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a Christian. I believe in the holy trinity. And no I don't judge or criticize others for what they believe. Thanks for having me.

welcome

what? no judging or criticizing others? what fun is that?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16

people don't judge only because they don't want their judgment judged...

1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges those outside. Purge the evil person from among you.”

John 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

James 5:19 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

everything in love...but remember love has laws

and as for the trinity...here's some interesting reading about that

http://www.ucg.org/booklet/god-trinity/introduction/

again, welcome...

may Yahusha lead you in the Way

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then he took it down and wrapped it in a linen shroud and laid him in a rock-hewn tomb where no one had ever yet been laid.

It was the day of Preparation and the Sabbath was beginning. (Luke 23:54 RSV)​

Yeah, welcome to TOL.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
3. and the jews lie too...sundown to sundown is false as the first day's night could not be separated from the previous eternal darkness..."from evening" refers to end of daylight..."to morn" which is end of night...

What scripture says there was eternal darkness before the first night of this last creation?

clefty

What scripture says there was eternal darkness before the first night of this last creation?

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night....

darkness was...there was no light...light had to be made...and it was good... then was divided...

btw the sun was made/appointed only on day four

without light there is only darkness