They Made Me Gay

exminister

It wouldnt, we all have sin natures due to the fall of mankind and sin in the world. Somes nature is to lie, some to steal, some to murder, some given to adultery, etc.

Alcoholism can be inherited, so does that make it ok to be a drunk?

Do you think God is wrong about what He defines as sin, if you believe someone is born that way?

No. The Bible is very clear we are born sinners and therefore it is theological correct to say we are born this way. I cannot fathom why some want to pretend this or any sin is a simple choice. It is not, which is clear from Romans 7. The gospel is we aren't capable of choosing righteousness no matter how hard we struggle and that makes grace all the more amazing.

I don't like being told essentially get over it like it is a trivial choice as if I haven't tried to fight my own sins. I relate to other sins I was not born with with the compassion I was given. If you haven't been there you can't know what it's like. Some sins are easy to resist if you were not born that way. However, Compassion must reign over judgment for those struggling. They need to know they are not alone and there is help.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No. The Bible is very clear we are born sinners and therefore it is theological correct to say we are born this way. I cannot fathom why some want to pretend this or any sin is a simple choice. It is not, which is clear from Romans 7. The gospel is we aren't capable of choosing righteousness no matter how hard we struggle and that makes grace all the more amazing.

I don't like being told essentially get over it like it is a trivial choice as if I haven't tried to fight my own sins. I relate to other sins I was not born with with the compassion I was given. If you haven't been there you can't know what it's like. Some sins are easy to resist if you were not born that way. However, Compassion must reign over judgment for those struggling. They need to know they are not alone and there is help.

how do we demonstrate compassion to those who insist that their sin is not sinful and demand that they be accepted as "normal"?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Did you read the verses before that?

Romans 13 1-2 KJV

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation

Then what you've quoted

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

These verses are talking about those who are strong in God speaking the word with power, and those who resist the power of God and don't listen to them. I'm talking about people who have never known God and never heard his word! Should those who have never known God, and could have had horrific lives be executed for what they do wrong? Really think about that, some of these people will have had horrific lives, some of them being very young and going through much pain, and never knowing or hearing about God, and many will be following the wrong example of their parents.

That's why it's so important to bring Gods love and word to others when we can. With the hope that they will listen and believe and turn from sin.

I've already said, i don't mean a sloppy happy clappy love, sometimes Gods love is a tough love and i know that. But he should be the only one taking life. We are not to kill, but to bring his life and love to others and let Christ in us do his work with the hope of him reconciling as many back to God as possible. Even those who some of you would see executed!

People seem to forget, it was these kind of people that Jesus came to save, he said, "they that are whole need not a physician, but they that are sick, i came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." He was out among prostitute's, adulteresses, fraudsters, publicans, sinners, people filled with devil's, and all those who others would have looked down on. And these are the people who welcomed him more than his own!

And remember Paul, he persecuted Gods people, yet he became one of the strongest apostles and the thief was saved in his final hours.

So there's hope for everyone, execution isn't the way, Christ is. And bringing his love and life to all those in society who others despise!

men of God are now the "rulers" there in your opinion? Its actually referring to the government.

So Christians are to strike terror against evil people and execute wrath on them? Your synopsis makes no sense.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Well yes, whether or not one has sex, is a choice unless they are raped.

marhig

men of God are now the "rulers" there in your opinion? Its actually referring to the government.

So Christians are to strike terror against evil people and execute wrath on them? Your synopsis makes no sense.
If you look in romans 13 3-4 it actually says for he is a minister of God for your good, Paul is not talking about a natural man in a worldly government, but those walking in the Spirit and governing with the word of God.

Paul is talking about Gods people who have the power of the Holy Spirit and it is the Holy Spirit within that governs us, so those who are born of God, and minister by the power of the Holy Spirit are baring witness to the truth and we should listen to what they say when we know that what they are saying is of God and for us. And if we are born of the Spirit, then in our hearts we will know the what they are saying is of God. Gods word isn't always lovely, sometimes it's tough when we need it, and if we don't listen, when we know it's for us, then i believe that God chastises us, just as a child who doesn't listen to their parents is chastised. So God does to his children who are disobedient to him.

I've actually had it where someone in our house meeting, brings up something that i have done wrong and then starts to talk about it, telling us it's wrong to do it, and they are not always soft about it either, and they certainly put me right, and all without even knowing what I've done, and they give me a sword straight to my heart and i know its of God for me and that God has put it into their hearts to say it, because they don't even know that I've done it! And this is the sword that those ministers of God bare, it is the word of God, the sword of the Spirit and it is the Holy Spirit in Gods people who is judging us by the word, and God gives them what they need to speak, when they need to speak it.

Romans 13 3-4

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

marhig

And regarding your post here, it seems that homophobic ignorant bigots reproduce by nonsensical and laughably absurd posts.

So, good job. You must have a lot of kids, with reproduction methods so enhanced we are yours.

:hammer:
Talking about reproduction, can those who are gay or lesbian have a child naturally? No they can't, so then it is wrong before God. A man and a woman together brings forth life. There is no bringing forth life in homosexually.

Being homosexual isn't of God, it is an abomination before him, and it is wrong for a man to sleep with a man, and for a woman to sleep with woman. And it says in the Bible that those who know God and do such acts won't be let off, and that God will hand then over to their reprobate minds (romans 1) so it is wrong before God to do homosexual acts!

marhig

Just because we are born in this sinful flesh, doesn't mean that should live by the lusts of it, those born of God should be overcoming their flesh by the power of the Spirit. Paul said i die daily, he was denying himself and living by the will of God every day, and when we are born of God then we should be doing the same. But Paul needed the power of the Holy Spirit to do this and so do we, without receiving the power from God, then we cannot overcome our flesh and this world, but, Jesus said have no fear for i have overcome the world, and if we have faith and live by the will of God, then he will strengthen us to do the same.

And if you don't like being told to get over your sins, then you won't have liked hearing Jesus preaching sometimes, because he taught us that we are to deny ourselves and turn from sin and take up our cross to follow him and that if we are not willing to take up our cross, then we are not worthy of him.

And then once we turn away, and truly repent, then through faith we will be strengthened to overcome, and through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit will receive the help to overcome the sins of our flesh, and the world.

And yes we are to have compassion for those struggling, and help them as much as we can. But we can't agree with others if we know that what they are doing is wrong, we are also to tell them when they are going wrong and let them know that what they are doing is wrong before the living God. And then help them if they need our help.

exminister

how do we demonstrate compassion to those who insist that their sin is not sinful and demand that they be accepted as "normal"?

I never wrote anything like that. But I wouldn't expect compassion either way from you. Joke, spoiler, definitely.

exminister

Just because we are born in this sinful flesh, doesn't mean that should live by the lusts of it, those born of God should be overcoming their flesh by the power of the Spirit. Paul said i die daily, he was denying himself and living by the will of God every day, and when we are born of God then we should be doing the same. But Paul needed the power of the Holy Spirit to do this and so do we, without receiving the power from God, then we cannot overcome our flesh and this world, but, Jesus said have no fear for i have overcome the world, and if we have faith and live by the will of God, then he will strengthen us to do the same.

And if you don't like being told to get over your sins, then you won't have liked hearing Jesus preaching sometimes, because he taught us that we are to deny ourselves and turn from sin and take up our cross to follow him and that if we are not willing to take up our cross, then we are not worthy of him.

And then once we turn away, and truly repent, then through faith we will be strengthened to overcome, and through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit will receive the help to overcome the sins of our flesh, and the world.

And yes we are to have compassion for those struggling, and help them as much as we can. But we can't agree with others if we know that what they are doing is wrong, we are also to tell them when they are going wrong and let them know that what they are doing is wrong before the living God. And then help them if they need our help.

I believe you agree with everything I have written. I wrote compassion for those who struggle . I did not write those who justify. So I get it now that I have heard from you, ok doser, PJ, and A4T. You are so subconsciously biased against the phrase "born this way" even though it is biblically correct you are willing to diminish that truth and trivialize the struggle intentionally or not.

To me I would not fight the truth that we are born sinners because that is a solid point of agreement even for those who justify. For it is God who convicts and convinces. Knowing that we can show compassion for I too was a sinner and now fight the good fight of faith. You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

marhig

I believe you agree with everything I have written. I wrote compassion for those who struggle . I did not write those who justify. So I get it now that I have heard from you, ok doser, PJ, and A4T. You are so subconsciously biased against the phrase "born this way" even though it is biblically correct you are willing to diminish that truth and trivialize the struggle intentionally or not.

To me I would not fight the truth that we are born sinners because that is a solid point of agreement even for those who justify. For it is God who convicts and convinces. Knowing that we can show compassion for I too was a sinner and now fight the good fight of faith. You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
We are not born gay, we are born with the means to reproduce and have children, doing gay acts doesn't produce a living child, that in itself shows us it's wrong before God. Haven't you seen in the Bible that it is wrong? What should i say, i believe in God, but hey he says it's wrong to commit gay acts but I'll agree with it regardless? A bit like those churches that perform gay marriages? No it's wrong, and we are here to bare witness to the truth not please everyone, even though it goes against the will of God!

And I'm not perfect either, and when I'm shown that something that I'm doing is wrong before God and i know it, then i also know i am to stop doing it. Homosexually is a lust of the flesh that is a sin against the living God, it's not something that God has made us like. If it was, then it wouldn't say in the Bible that it's wrong to do it!

The difference between me and some others, is whether someone is homosexual or not, i would still bring Gods word to them and help them if they needed help, i wouldn't have them executed! Which to me is a sin before God too because he said that we are not to kill. I would help and care for anyone, because God loves all of us. But he wants us to turn from sin and do his will.

In the Bible it tells us that it's wrong to do gay and lesbian acts in, Leviticus 18 and 20 and in Romans 1. What should we do? Just ignore these verses and say, oh it's ok because people are born this way? If God says that it's wrong in the Bible, then we are not born that way! And that goes for anything that i do wrong too. I also have to take the word of God to myself and listen, and when i know I'm wrong in what I'm doing i know that i am turn from doing it, obey him and do his will, and if it's hard for me to do so, pray to him and have faith and i know that he can help me to overcome. Jesus says, that if we have faith as a grain of mustard seed, then we can move mountains. All things are possible with God!

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
And regarding your post here, it seems that homophobic ignorant bigots reproduce by nonsensical and laughably absurd posts.

So, good job. You must have a lot of kids, with reproduction methods so enhanced we are yours.

:hammer:

Butt lust monkey

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

ok doser

Butt lust monkey

:freak:

I am addressing the person who thinks that being Gay is taught. Is learned, rather than the natural state of sexual preference the person is born into. I used the example that heterosexuality is not learned or taught, so why would being Gay be learned? They are both hardwired physiological sexual paradigms.

heterosexual is normal, it's the default

if one chooses to engage in perversion, one of the many ways they can indulge that choice is homosexuality

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am addressing the person who thinks that being Gay is taught. Is learned, rather than the natural state of sexual preference the person is born into. I used the example that heterosexuality is not learned or taught, so why would being Gay be learned? They are both hardwired physiological sexual paradigms.
Doesn't really matter if anyone thinks it is taught or not.
It's still wrong no matter what their own personal inclination is.

Some folks are born with a higher inclination of being susceptible of becoming a raging alcoholic.
It's still wrong no matter what their personal inclination is.

Just because one "feels like" it, doesn't make it acceptable.

ok doser

Wrong in whose eyes? Yours? Bigots? Homophobes?

Certainly not God's.

News flash, bro. God does not care a fig who we have sex with. He has bigger fish to fry. That stuff in the bible about homosexuality being a sin was just put there by early bible authors because it was a rule of the Hebrews. Yeah, they also had rules like it's OK to kill your kids if they're disobedient and its OK to have slaves and beat your wife. OH, and kill her too for adultery.

Only teeny tiny little minds worry about who somebody else chooses to have sex with.

Sound familiar?

LOL

hope this helps.

Cheers!

you sir are a retard

good day to you

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Wrong, the hardwiring is heterosexuality. Everything else is a deviation. Im guessing you also believe in evolution, well guess what, fags would have been weeded out a long time ago, so your arguments are junk and hypocritical nonsense pipe dreams.

Dont bother quoting the word to me, satan can quote it to out of context like you, those who are honest all admit the bible is clear that homosexual relations are sin.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

eider and you are the same troll.

exminister

We are not born gay, we are born with the means to reproduce and have children, doing gay acts doesn't produce a living child, that in itself shows us it's wrong before God. Haven't you seen in the Bible that it is wrong? What should i say, i believe in God, but hey he says it's wrong to commit gay acts but I'll agree with it regardless? A bit like those churches that perform gay marriages? No it's wrong, and we are here to bare witness to the truth not please everyone, even though it goes against the will of God!

And I'm not perfect either, and when I'm shown that something that I'm doing is wrong before God and i know it, then i also know i am to stop doing it. Homosexually is a lust of the flesh that is a sin against the living God, it's not something that God has made us like. If it was, then it wouldn't say in the Bible that it's wrong to do it!

The difference between me and some others, is whether someone is homosexual or not, i would still bring Gods word to them and help them if they needed help, i wouldn't have them executed! Which to me is a sin before God too because he said that we are not to kill. I would help and care for anyone, because God loves all of us. But he wants us to turn from sin and do his will.

In the Bible it tells us that it's wrong to do gay and lesbian acts in, Leviticus 18 and 20 and in Romans 1. What should we do? Just ignore these verses and say, oh it's ok because people are born this way? If God says that it's wrong in the Bible, then we are not born that way! And that goes for anything that i do wrong too. I also have to take the word of God to myself and listen, and when i know I'm wrong in what I'm doing i know that i am turn from doing it, obey him and do his will, and if it's hard for me to do so, pray to him and have faith and i know that he can help me to overcome. Jesus says, that if we have faith as a grain of mustard seed, then we can move mountains. All things are possible with God!

So you don't believe what it says in Romans 7 or that we are born sinners?

MrDante

Wrong, the hardwiring is heterosexuality.
prove it

Everything else is a deviation. Im guessing you also believe in evolution, well guess what, fags would have been weeded out a long time ago, so your arguments are junk and hypocritical nonsense pipe dreams.
Guess what. You are as just as ignorant of the basic principles of evolution as you are about everything else.

Dont bother quoting the word to me, satan can quote it to out of context like you,
and you

those who are honest all admit the bible is clear that homosexual relations are sin.
just like is clear about how slavery is A-OKAY