ECT They can't be the same

john w

Hall of Fame
I am trying to understand MAD so at the very least we will have an understanding of each other.

Dispensationalism/MAD, is not a salvational issue. As I've said often, I can have a great relationship with any member of the boc, who, by definition, have trusted the dbr as the sole solution for the sin/sins issue, even if they are a nutcase, tongue babbling, emtional wreck "charismatic" fruit type, for eg.

Why do some of the MAD people ask by what gospel are we saved? Has there ever been another? Had there ever been anyone in history that has been saved by anything other than DBR?

Yes. The content of faith has changed. For eg., what was required to be believed, the content of faith, in Mt.-John, prior to the dbr?

The gospel of God, which is not equivalent to the gospel of Christ, 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

john w

Hall of Fame
What if I didn't know anything about Paul or what he wrote, could I still be saved?

You could likewise ask, "What if I didn't know anything about God, or what he wrote, could I still be saved?"

Paul is not the issue.

Not w/o trusting the dbr, in this dispensation. Scripture does testify, that, if you are a seeker, the LORD God will show you that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and what He accomplished for you, in your behalf, "for," 2000+ years ago-another thread.

revpete

Thank you, Pete, for your kind words and agreement. It feels good.

Awhile back, maybe on another thread, I was asked what I thought sin was [something to that effect]. My reply was one word: "relationship". I received no reply.

It is a relationship between either the devil or God, no in-between. Since God will not allow sin in His presence, we can only conclude there needs be a whole lot of soul searching that needs to be undertaken on this thread; this forum __ especially in the MAD camp where no repentance is required for salvation.

I know what you're saying it's just I put it differently. Sin is rebellion against God. The devil is only come to steal, kill and destroy not form relationship. However, I do see where you're coming from, it's just your definition of sin may be a little too cryptic for some who would have taken you literally. 😊

Pete 👤

john w

Hall of Fame
I know what you're saying it's just I put it differently. Sin is rebellion against God. The devil is only come to steal, kill and destroy not form relationship. However, I do see where you're coming from, it's just your definition of sin may be a little too cryptic for some who would have taken you literally. ��

Pete ��

1 John 3:4 KJV Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 14:23 KJV And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You tell me.

Imagine an acquaintance of yours tells you he/she is convicted of sin and asks you "What must I do to be saved?" What would you tell them?
Apparently, she would ask them a question instead of preaching the gospel of Christ to them that they can trust the Lord believing it and be saved.

terrible

jamie plays a lot of games by mixing terms. watch

musterion

Apparently, she would ask them a question instead of preaching the gospel of Christ to them that they can trust the Lord believing it and be saved.

terrible

Not the first time someone here has answered,"What do you mean by convicted/sin/saved/gospel/good news/tell/nectarine/baboon/carburetor," etc

There's a really good reason they don't even want to face the hypothetical.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"What must I do to be saved?" What would you tell them?

Paul said the following:

(Rom 10:9) If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There is nothing in 1 Cor 15:1-4 about confessing with your mouth and believing with your heart.

Nor is there anything about two different gospels.

Someone could read Acts 2 only, believe Acts 2, and do what Paul says to do in Romans 10:9 to be saved.

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul said the following:

(Rom 10:9) If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There is nothing in 1 Cor 15:1-4 about confessing with your mouth and believing with your heart.

Someone could read Acts 2 only, believe Acts 2, and do what Paul says to do in Romans 10:9 to be saved.

You say, on record, that one can assert that the Lord Jesus Christ's dbr was not good enough, and never disavow that, and still be saved, so you are in no position to weigh in here, you child of the devil, Craigie.

So kindly shut up, spineless Craigie.

And get a job.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Exactly. Paul taught some nice to know stuff but basically his teachings are not essential to salvation. A lot of people were saved by grace through faith before Paul was even born.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Exactly. Paul taught some nice to know stuff but basically his teachings are not essential to salvation.

Many people are saved today without ever hearing anything from Paul's epistles.

Jesus saves, not Paul.

A lot of people were saved by grace through faith before Paul was even born.

That's correct.

Salvation has always been by grace through faith.

Paul tells us there were others in Christ before he was

(Rom 16:7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among[a] the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.