ECT They can't be the same

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is correct. They did not understand what they were told until.

Luke 24:45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

Yes, and then he spent forty days teaching them about the kingdom of God.

In Acts Luke says, "Seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God." (Acts 1:3 NKJV)

fzappa13

Don't get childish on me. My point is that what Peter preached on that LAWFULLY REQUIRED JEWISH FEAST DAY (as well as all of Acts 1-6), was nothing new. It was all about prophecy related to ISRAEL.

The prophecy mentioned concerned Jesus and those that would be His. At some point you are going to have to make up your mind whether He, as the savior of all who will be saved, is the author of your salvation? If your answer is yes then the scriptures concerning Him are applicable to you and you should take heed of them. Regardless of whether they fit your doctrine or not. To do otherwise will eventually cause you to question your faith when events contradict the unsupported planks of it.

Indeed, Peter is quoting Joel about being saved THROUGH the tribulation. If you'd take the time to lookup the reference, you'd know that.

I understand that. It is also partially applicable to the subject broached by Peter. That is why he offered it.

This is NOT about eternal life (it looks you're among the many that can never see 'saved' without thinking that it's talking about eternal life).

You couldn't be more mistaken. The entirety of the Bible is about eternal life and the way to it. If you don't "get" that the Bible will be of no use to you.

Joe 2:31-32 KJV The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. (32) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

This passage is akin to so many that cover the same subject, said subject being the day of the Lord, in which both Jew and Gentile alike shall be tried for their faith in Christ prior to His return. That's both the good and the bad news. You might want to have a gander at Revelation 12 and 7 for further details.

Originally Posted by fzappa13 View Post
That's Peter saying not just Jews ... whosoever.

Acts2: 37 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

There's your "good news".

So again you go CROSS-LESS and show us the SAME thing that John the baptizer preached long BEFORE the CROSS (Mark 1:4, Luke 3:3).

No, the passage in Acts very pointedly places the crucified Christ in the equation whereas Mark and Luke do not as He had yet to be crucified at the time address by these two apostles in the passages you offered. I do hope you are not deliberately misquoting me.

That is ALL is about ISRAEL and their relationship with God. The "apostles doctrine" there is the doctrine of the 12 apostles for the 12 tribes of ISRAEL.... you know, the CIRCUMCISION apostles.

The "ALL that are afar off" is NOT referring to HEATHEN Gentiles, but to Israel scattered among the nations.

Actually, I'M the ONE that DOES see what it says. You see the fables told by "Churchianity".

You are here making an assertion without any scriptural backing and making assertion about my knowledge of the Word of God without knowing how I came about it. Both pursuits are doomed to bear no fruit I suspect.

A few questions for you ... how many faiths are there? how many baptisms? How many kingdoms are there and last but certainly not least ... who is a Jew?​

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
That is correct. They did not understand what they were told until.

Luke 24:45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
So how could the be preaching they "one true gospel" for ~3 years without including the MOST important part of the gospel of the grace of God?

Last edited:

achduke

So how could the be preaching the "one true gospel" for ~3 years without including the MOST important part of the gospel of the grace of God?
Because it was hidden from them.

Luke 24:46 Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

john w

Hall of Fame
"Originally Posted by Right Divider
So how could the be preaching the "one true gospel" for ~3 years without including the MOST important part of the gospel of the grace of God?"

Because it was hidden from them.

Luke 24:46 Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

So, what "one true gospel" did the 12 preach, for almost 3 years, that was void of the ...

Death
Burial
Resurrection

.....that was the foundation ofthe good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV?

Cross Reference

So how could the be preaching the "one true gospel" for ~3 years without including the MOST important part of the gospel of the grace of God?

Because Jesus came preaching the kingdom of God that requires a striving to enter it AFTER YOU ARE BORN AGAIN. Ergo, no sinners prayer will suffice. His grace is NOT free nor cheap! There is a Cost. Ever hear of "dying to self"? Why not look into it? God's purposes for you hang in the balance.

achduke

"Originally Posted by Right Divider
So how could the be preaching the "one true gospel" for ~3 years without including the MOST important part of the gospel of the grace of God?"

So, what "one true gospel" did the 12 preach, for almost 3 years, that was void of the ...

Death
Burial
Resurrection

.....that was the foundation ofthe good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV?
The 12 were told about the kingdom was at hand but the good news had always been extended.

Did Daniel teach the same as Isaiah? Did Zechariah teach the same as Daniel? The good news has been revealed more and more until Christ and the apostles.

Mat 16:21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Mat 20:28 "just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Joh 6:51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."

Joh 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

Right Divider

Body part
The prophecy mentioned concerned Jesus and those that would be His. At some point you are going to have to make up your mind whether He, as the savior of all who will be saved, is the author of your salvation? If your answer is yes then the scriptures concerning Him are applicable to you and you should take heed of them. Regardless of whether they fit your doctrine or not. To do otherwise will eventually cause you to question your faith when events contradict the unsupported planks of it.
So here you go off the rails again..... I believe what the Bible says even when it contradicts your doctrine and/or the doctrines of "Churchianity".

I understand that. It is also partially applicable to the subject broached by Peter. That is why he offered it.
It's quite a bit MORE that "partially applicable". It's was totally applicable. That is why he offered it.

You couldn't be more mistaken. The entirety of the Bible is about eternal life and the way to it. If you don't "get" that the Bible will be of no use to you.
There is WAY more to it than just that. You have a MAN-CENTERED view of God's Word. You remind me of a radio preacher that once said, "The ultimate story of the Bible is one of redemption". That is a MAN's view. God's view is a story of HIS GLORY!

This passage is akin to so many that cover the same subject, said subject being the day of the Lord, in which both Jew and Gentile alike shall be tried for their faith in Christ prior to His return. That's both the good and the bad news. You might want to have a gander at Revelation 12 and 7 for further details.
What about the bema seat? There are different judgments in the Bible.

I've done lot more than gandering. I've studied it. You might want to read Isaiah and Revelation together to see that the future will be like for Israel and the Gentiles AFTER this dispensation is over.

No, the passage in Acts very pointedly places the crucified Christ in the equation whereas Mark and Luke do not as He had yet to be crucified at the time address by these two apostles in the passages you offered. I do hope you are not deliberately misquoting me.
Oh really? Christ had not been crucified while He was still alive? Thanks, let me make a note of that.

I can tell by your language (in the equations) that you really cannot grasp that you are READING Paul into Peter.

Why does Peter not even use the word CROSS?

Please show me ONE VERSE that explicitly says that Jesus' death was GOOD NEWS.

You cannot, because it's NOT there.

You are here making an assertion without any scriptural backing and making assertion about my knowledge of the Word of God without knowing how I came about it. Both pursuits are doomed to bear no fruit I suspect.
I'm making NO assertion at all, I'm just reading the scripture and believing it.

There was NOT a single HEATHEN Gentile there in Acts 2-3. If you can show us one, please do.
Act 2:8-11 KJV And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? (9) Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, (10) Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, (11) Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
The only people there were JEWS and PROSELYTES. The scripture is completely clear here. No guessing needed.

A few questions for you ... how many faiths are there? how many baptisms? How many kingdoms are their and last but certainly not least ... who is a Jew?
When flustered by not being able to make your point, you machine-gun the questions. Pretty typical.

Faiths: at least two.
Rom 1:17 KJV For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
For the body of Christ: ONE.
Eph 4:5 KJV One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Baptisms: In the body of Christ ONE, elsewhere many.

Mat 3:11 KJV I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Kingdoms: two that will become one.

Jews are members of the tribe of Judah, like Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
The 12 were told about the kingdom was at hand but the good news had always been extended.

Did Daniel teach the same as Isaiah? Did Zechariah teach the same as Daniel? The good news has been revealed more and more until Christ and the apostles.

Misdirection on your part. No, you assert "one true gospel." But, you concede that the "gospel/good news of the kingdom," is void of the...

Death
Burial
Resurrection

....the foundation of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. So, the "gospel/good news of the kingdom," is not equivalent to the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and your "one true gospel," "just one piece of good news in the book," is made up, something you just spam, as it sounds oh so "I showed these guys I am a Christian!!!!"

"Gospel" merely means "good news"-there is plenty of good news in the bible, and asserting the opposite, i.e., "only one piece of good news"="one true gospel," has no basis in truth. NADA. It's merely a sound byte.

Mat 16:21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

And? "From that time"-it was still hid from them.

You left out:

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Peter tries to prevent His death, the very death that was the basis of his reconciliation.

john w

Hall of Fame

Mat 20:28 "just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Joh 6:51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."

Joh 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

Slower: it was hid from the 12.

Daniel1769

The OT prophets preached Jesus' death for our sins. This wasn't new with Paul. Better put down the commentaries and pick up the Bible.

john w

Hall of Fame
But revealed later.

Agreed. Thus, that refutes your "only one piece of good news in the book," as the content of the good news/gospel of the kingdom, is void of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

achduke

Agreed. Thus, that refutes your "only one piece of good news in the book," as the content of the good news/gospel of the kingdom, is void of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.
The gospel has been being revealed more and more and extended since the beginning of time from the prophets until Christ and the apostles. I do not believe there are more than one revision of the gospel. Only one track or path. No doubt that Paul went into great detail about DBR and grace but had anyone in history been saved by the law?

Right Divider

Body part
The gospel has been being revealed more and more and extended since the beginning of time from the prophets until Christ and the apostles. I do not believe there are more than one revision of the gospel. Only one track or path. No doubt that Paul went into great detail about DBR and grace but had anyone in history been saved by the law?
Lots more opinions about vague stuff without noting the details in scripture. Believe what you want, that does not make it true.

fzappa13

So here you go off the rails again..... I believe what the Bible says even when it contradicts your doctrine and/or the doctrines of "Churchianity".

Again, no scripture

It's quite a bit MORE that "partially applicable". It's was totally applicable. That is why he offered it.

NO, the portion concerning the Day of the Lord is yet to be fulfilled. Most of the rest was applicable to what those he was addressing were then seeing and hearing.

There is WAY more to it than just that. You have a MAN-CENTERED view of God's Word. You remind me of a radio preacher that once said, "The ultimate story of the Bible is one of redemption". That is a MAN's view. God's view is a story of HIS GLORY!

Again, no scripture.

What about the bema seat? There are different judgments in the Bible.

There are two judgments in the Bible. The judgment of the earth at Christ's return and the judgment of men at the end of His thousand year reign

I've done lot more than gandering. I've studied it. You might want to read Isaiah and Revelation together to see that the future will be like for Israel and the Gentiles AFTER this dispensation is over.

I have many times.

Oh really? Christ had not been crucified while He was still alive? Thank, let me make a note of that.

Good idea.

I can tell by your language (in the equations) that you really cannot grasp that you are READING Paul into Peter.

I am reading the Bible.

Why does Peter not even use the word CROSS?

He doesn't use the word rapture either. So, your point is?

Please show me ONE VERSE that explicitly says that Jesus' death was GOOD NEWS.

There are none ... at least in the King James.

You cannot, because it's NOT there.

See above

I'm making NO assertion at all, I'm just reading the scripture and believing it.

No, you are not. You are making assertions and not backing them up with scripture. Now, you may well have and probably did hear, such things from the lips of men but you should read the Bible for yourself and only then will you be properly prepared to judge what others say about the Bible.

Even Bullinger, who was preeminent amongst the Dispies in his day knew that Peter spoke to all that would hear as well as Paul

There was NOT a single HEATHEN Gentile there in Acts 2-3. If you can show us one, please do.
Act 2:8-11 KJV And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? (9) Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, (10) Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, (11) Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
The only people there were JEWS and PROSELYTES. The scripture is completely clear here. No guessing needed.

If your Bible gets any smaller there won't be enough paper left of it to blow your nose with.

When flustered by not being able to make your point, you machine-gun the questions. Pretty typical.

There are certain ramifications to what you assert that naturally leads to several questions and the four I offered you are just the tip of a much larger Iceberg.

Faiths: at least two.
Rom 1:17 KJV For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

You cut out the verse that explains the verse you offered.

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Context is everything don't you think?

For the body of Christ: ONE.

Now you're talking

Baptisms: In the body of Christ ONE, elsewhere many.

Mat 3:11 KJV I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

We were referring to water baptism ... but if you want to go there here is a pop quiz: When and what is this baptism of fire (hint, Daniel can tell you)

Kingdoms: two that will become one.

Again, no scripture

Jews are members of the tribe of Judah, like Jesus.

...and your point is?

john w

Hall of Fame

" I do not believe there are more than one revision of the gospel."

Who said anything about a "revision," whatever the h that is?

=your changing the argument-"revision?" That is deceptive.

You assert "one true gospel"

=only one piece of good news in the book

If you are saying only one piece of good news that saves, today, 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news, I/most(?) agree!

"Only one track or path. "

False dichotomy. I/most(?) dispensationalists, are not arguing more than "one track or path," so knock it off. If anyone asserts that, I will rebuke them, and have(for years).

The issue-there is more than one piece of "good news" in the book, and the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, is not the same as the good news/gospel of the kingdom. If it is, then you have to conclude that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV.

Now, how much slower do we need to go with you?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 3:11 KJV I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:[/INDENT]

We already know John was not authorized to baptize with the Holy Spirit. John simply prepared the way for Jesus.

And it happened while Apollos was at Corinth that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

And he said to them, “Into what then were you baptized?”

So they said, “Into John’s baptism.”

Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”

When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands on them the Holy Spirit came upon them and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. (Acts 19:1-6 NKJV)​

Which comes first, baptism or the Holy Spirit?

Cross Reference

We already know John was not authorized to baptize with the Holy Spirit. John simply prepared the way for Jesus.

And it happened while Apollos was at Corinth that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

And he said to them, “Into what then were you baptized?”

So they said, “Into John’s baptism.”

Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”

When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands on them the Holy Spirit came upon them and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. (Acts 19:1-6 NKJV)​

Which comes first, baptism or the Holy Spirit?

Jamie, I gave you your answer re what is sin? You haven't replied.