ECT There is only one Gospel

Danoh

Their gospel
elvis.gif
(2 Pe 2:1) doesn't include repentance silly (Ac 11:18). Lordship? Relationship? 1 Jn 1:9
noway.gif

In its most root sense, of the word "repentence" refers to changing one's previously held mind or position on a thing; to turn from it in one's mind; which, in turn, impacts one's behavior, either in that moment only, or from then on - from that moment forward.

In this; the word "repentence" is not what one should be looking for alone, in Scripture, towards its' greater understanding.

Rather; one should then go even further in one's study, looking for the overall idea or understanding of what repentence is.

To focus on only looking up the word "repentence" and or passages where it is found being used, is too miss much richer details important to arriving at a fuller understanding of any word and or phrase used in Scripture.

Case in point - in the following; the Apostle Paul is referring to a repentence, or a change of mind on his part regarding a position he himself had once held to...

Acts 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

He had held that position, or mind on a thing; and it had influenced his behavior. Thus his words after verse 25...

Acts 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

Until an event in his life - a very extraordinary one in his special case - had been so extraordinary in his case, that he'd felt compelled not only to change his mind, or repent, but his behavior, after that...

That extraordinary event; in his special case having been...

Acts 26:12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, 26:13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The impact of that mind change or repentence of his position on things; on him?

"Works (behavior) meet for (in line with said) repentence," or change of mind on his previously held position...

Acts 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

You see that?

That they should change from their position or mind on things - in this case a mind or position away from or against against God - to a mind or position on things that is towards Him, or in agreement with Him; just as Paul himself had found himself having to do.

And that they too should do works (reflect through their behavior) a behaviour that was now in line with their mind change on things.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Every word and or phrase study we each do should be done in this manner.

Because this practice is more often a standard practice within MAD (more on the part of few within MAD, to begin with, than on the part of most, even within MAD*) what we MADs often assert is often misunderstood by so many outside of MAD - for the simple, obvious reason that far too many within Christianity do not study words and or phrases within Scripture in this manner.

* Unaware of it; most MADs do not use the above approach. As with most outside of MAD; they too merely repeat what those within MAD who do use the above approach, have found through its' use.

And repeating a thing that is sound is fine...

2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

I would rather, though, be aware of such principles in my own studies.

At the same time; that is just me.

The rest can rely on their Pastor -Teachers for its result; as the application of such principles is actuallly more their responsibility as Pastor-Teachers.

And these things end up taking a great deal of time the average person may or may not have, to spare.

Further; as in all walks of life; some are not only simply far more curious about such things; but their innate; automatic curiosity about many things, has developed various sets of skills in them over time that those who have not been like that throughout their lives to begin with, do not possess in the same manner and or to said higher level of skills at looking at and taking a thing a part as to its inner workings.

Sort of like our precious moms; they tend to know more about the care and bringing up a child after their time with their first one.

How?

"...by reason of use..."

Likewise as to each our understanding of things in Scripture...

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Or those "things that differ."

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[O]ne should go further and look for the overall idea or understanding of what repentance is.
It enables the convert (not the false convert
elvis.gif
) to cry out Abba father (Ga 4:6). Tweedle Dee
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
and Tweedle Dum
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
won't acknowledge that they sin (Jb 9:20, Matt. 23:25–28, Luke 11:42, 18:11, 12, Phil. 3:4–9). How could they have a relationship with the Lord?

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us (1 Jn 1:9–10).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I said no and this is why:

1 John 1:9 means exactly what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It is just not written to me for my obedience, nor anyone else in the dispensation of the grace of God. It's not our good news.

1 John 1:9 will happen in that day when a fountain is opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and uncleaness.

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

"That day" is the second coming of the Lord (the Body of Christ has already been caught up to meet the Lord in the air 1 Thes. 4:16-18). This is in one accord with what Peter preached in Acts 3:

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Act 3:19-21 has nothing to do with the Body of Christ. Israel looks forward to the blotting out of their sins. That's what it says. For that is God's covenant unto them when He shall take away their sins.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Israel looks forward to their sins being blotted out while we in the Body of Christ look back to the cross. We have already received the atonement.

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

All of our sins were in the future when Christ was delivered for our offences after having been made sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV) and died on the cross for our sins!

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The Bible calls the good news above, the gospel of Christ and IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth! Romans 1:16. Believing that gospel which Paul preached is to believe that Christ died for all of them. If you think there is something you still need to ask for you don't believe they are forgiven. You "believe not" the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

All the Truth actually contained in the Scriptures you use, refutes your added commentary. You cannot see and spiritually comprehend what you read and post. The verses you piece together are hid from YOU. You are caught in your own confusion.

It concerns me, because you spread confusion in the minds of others . . at the same time refusing to encourage others to read Christian authors and scholars who have labored over exegesis of these very passages in order to discover God's Truth. You do not really want others to find truth, for it will only expose your MAD heresies.

:down:

Any Scripture that speaks to the remission of sin, through the cost and price paid by the blood shed by Christ (i.e. "the fountain" that cleanses all of faith in Him), MAD dares to deny as applicable to the church of believers, and shifts the focus back on the tribes of Israel, which is foolish because that nation is long gone!

You reduce the Gospel to just a few verses from Paul, in order to maintain this untenable proposition and position. It takes quite a bit of explaining on your part, for it makes no logical or theological sense . . but there is power in confusing your readers with verses taken out of context, and mistaken commentary from you vainly inserted amongst the teachings of God.

All I can do as an observer, is warn readers of these threads, that they should test the spirits of those they read, " . . because many false prophets have gone out into the world." I John 4:1-6

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Wrong. God is not the author of any kind of such sinful attitude or behavior.
I agree but you clearly don't, unless you've dropped your Reformed doctrine.

"God from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and
unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass;" - Westminster Confession of Faith

However, God does predestinate the person who uses the Gospel of Grace as excuse to continue in unrepentant sin, to suffer His condemnation.
Not just that, Nang. Your own favorite doctrinal statement says that God predestined "whatsoever comes to pass". You name it, if it happened in reality, God predestined it and He did so "unchangeably".

You think you are so smart, but you have no accurate knowledge of the Reformed doctrines.
So you keep saying.

I'm quoting your own source documents verbatim, Nang.

I quote Calvin and you don't like what Calvin said and insist that you're Reformed, not Calvinist. So now I quote the Westminster Confession which says the exact same thing that Calvin said and you won't like that either and will find some way to squirm your way around that document too. Then I'll find something else to quote and you'll do the same thing. Pretty soon, you'll deny everything that makes Calvinism what it is.

In fact, speaking of other sources; Here's a quote from a book called, "The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination" by Loraine Boettner....

First, here's a quote of the first sentence in the introduction...

"The purpose of this book is not to set forth a new system of theological thought, but to give a re-statement to that great system which is known as the Reformed Faith or Calvinism, and to show that this is beyond all doubt the teaching of the Bible and of reason."

Then in chapter 1, shortly after quoting the Westminster Confession as I just did earlier in this post, she says the following....

"Since the universe had its origin in God and depends on Him for its continued existence it must be, in all its parts and at all times, subject to His control so that nothing can come to pass contrary to what He expressly decrees or permits. Thus the eternal purpose is represented as an act of sovereign predestination or foreordination, and unconditioned by any subsequent fact or change in time. Hence it is represented as being the basis of the divine foreknowledge of all future events, and not conditioned by that foreknowledge or by anything originated by the events themselves."

So, Nang, tell me this; If it is, as you say and "God is not the author of any kind of such sinful attitude or behavior"', just how many Calvinists are there out there who have this doctrine wrong?

Are you sure you're actually a Calvinist? Maybe I've been successful at chipping away at your conviction that these doctrines are the truth and you're beginning to see a glimmer of light at the end of the dark tunnel that is Reformed doctrine!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I agree but you clearly don't, unless you've dropped your Reformed doctrine.

"God from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and
unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass;" - Westminster Confession of Faith

You take one theological term, and declare it the definition of several others. Again . . Dispensational confusion! There is power in these tactics, but they are wicked tactics.

God is the first cause of all things created.

There is distinction between being first "cause" and "author."

There is distinction between the words "cause" and "author" and "ordain."

There is distinction between the words "cause" and "foreknowledge" and "predestination."

Do you know what these distinctions are, or do you just lump them altogether as being the same, so you can blame the Reformer as teaching God is the author of sin?

God is not the author of sin. (Which the WCF also clearly states. V.IV.)

How? Why?

Because God created man in His image, and gave mankind secondary agency to dutifully cause and effect. Adam was given a human will, and the responsibility to exercise that will in subordination to the sovereign will of God.

Read WCF VI.I-VI

God's will did not author sin . . the will of Adam brought sin and death into the world. Romans 5:12

All of us must be careful not to blame God for what man has done.

And careful observance of language is vital to so doing.

Danoh

All the Truth actually contained in the Scriptures you use, refutes your added commentary. You cannot see and spiritually comprehend what you read and post. The verses you piece together are hid from YOU. You are caught in your own confusion.

It concerns me, because you spread confusion in the minds of others . . at the same time refusing to encourage others to read Christian authors and scholars who have labored over exegesis of these very passages in order to discover God's Truth. You do not really want others to find truth, for it will only expose your MAD heresies.

:down:

Any Scripture that speaks to the remission of sin, through the cost and price paid by the blood shed by Christ (i.e. "the fountain" that cleanses all of faith in Him), MAD dares to deny as applicable to the church of believers, and shifts the focus back on the tribes of Israel, which is foolish because that nation is long gone!

You reduce the Gospel to just a few verses from Paul, in order to maintain this untenable proposition and position. It takes quite a bit of explaining on your part, for it makes no logical or theological sense . . but there is power in confusing your readers with verses taken out of context, and mistaken commentary from you vainly inserted amongst the teachings of God.

All I can do as an observer, is warn readers of these threads, that they should test the spirits of those they read, " . . because many false prophets have gone out into the world." I John 4:1-6

I'm sorry, I may not hold to some positions in the way that SOME other FELLOW MADs do; but YOU are speaking in absolute ignorance of MADs as to "this grace wherein" the Believer stands "at peace with God" on His Son's merit ALONE.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
MAD dares to deny as applicable to the church of believers, and shifts the focus back on the tribes of Israel, which is foolish because that nation is long gone!

Where did the nations of Israel go?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The tribal nation of Israel has been scattered and dispersed amongst all the nations, and tribal identity/genealogy is lost.

The current race and nation of Israel is secular, out of which only a remnant are saved by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ, according to divine election. (I Peter 1:1-2; Romans 11:5)

john w

Hall of Fame
The tribal nation of Israel has been scattered and dispersed amongst all the nations, and tribal identity/genealogy is lost.

Translated: Out with all the passages, that prophesy the regathering of the believing remnant of the nation Israel, as the LORD God is an impotent, just unable to find them..........

=satanic replacement "theology," as this Nag fraud flips the bird at God the Father, and His Christ, asserting that He will not honor His promises to the nation of His choosing, for service, to bring glory to Him......

Isaiah 46:13 KJV I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The current race and nation of Israel is secular, out of which only a remnant are saved by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ, according to divine election. (I Peter 1:1-2; Romans 11:5)

The current race and nation of Israel is secular and Jewish. The other nations of Israel descended from Jacob who was not Jewish.

Most of the house of Israel is secular and Gentile.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Translated: Out with all the passages, that prophesy the regathering of the believing remnant of the nation Israel, as the LORD God is an impotent, just unable to find them..........

=satanic replacement "theology," as this Nag fraud flips the bird at God the Father, and His Christ, asserting that He will not honor His promises to the nation of His choosing, for service, to bring glory to Him......

Isaiah 46:13 KJV I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

The Gospel promises have always and only been performed by God and granted by Him to the elect, chosen in Christ, before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:3-8

The physical election of tribal Israel in the O.T. was only a type and shadow of Jesus Christ calling out and saving His church.

The delusion of Dispensationalism distracts from this fact, and attempts to focus the minds of men on a rejected people rather than rejoicing in the revelation of a saved people of God and the grace of God that redeems them out of all the nations, by faith in Jesus Christ.

So . . . Dispies not only teach multiple gospels, they teach unchristian false gospels.

Beware folks!

john w

Hall of Fame
The Gospel promises have always and only been performed by God and granted by Him to the elect, chosen in Christ, before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:3-8

The physical election of tribal Israel in the O.T. was only a type and shadow of Jesus Christ calling out and saving His church.

The delusion of Dispensationalism distracts from this fact, and attempts to focus the minds of men on a rejected people rather than rejoicing in the revelation of a saved people of God and the grace of God that redeems them out of all the nations, by faith in Jesus Christ.

So . . . Dispies not only teach multiple gospels, they teach unchristian false gospels.

Beware folks!

"The physical election of tribal Israel in the O.T. was only a type and shadow of Jesus Christ calling out and saving His church."

Made up. No scripture says that "only" jazz, as you demonically dismiss the hundreds of promises made to the believing remnant of the nation Israel, as if they were not there, craftily, subtly(Genesis 3 KJV), dismissing them, "spiritalizing" them away, flipping the bird at God the Father, and His Christ, as you tell both of them to stuff all those passages, including this one, on marching orders, from your father, the devil:

Nag: Bah, God the Father, "Jesus"-take this bird....Stuff those passages...Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....................

You vile, wicked, Replacement "theology" demon.....The LORD God will send you packing, to hell............