ECT There is only one Gospel

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[What sin, :freak: Johnny
elvis.gif
] Sodomy is a sin.
:yawn: It is (Eph 4:14). :idea:

Sanctify them by Your truth (Jn 17:17a, emphasis mine).

Interplanner

"Dead" is not defined as non-existent.

"Dead" is defined as non-functional.

Justification is divine pardon from the guilt of sin; not an erasure or elimination of sin. Sin remains part of the Adamic human nature, but faith and repentance in the last Adam, Jesus Christ, can limit its control over a soul. Faith and repentance only come as granted gifts from God the Holy Spirit.

II Timothy 2:25; Acts 3:26, 5:31, 11:18; Ephesians 2:8-10; Galatians 3:14,26, 6:3

Yep, debt and stain of sin are different things, but certainly the cancellation of debt inspires a person to live right, in gratitude.

Interplanner

Getting back to the topic:

"the faith was once and for all delivered to the saints."

I thought he was supposed to mention various steps along the way!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You might just suffer from a rare "Hair Follicle" disease, where your unkept overly long "Blackbeard the Pirate" whiskers suddenly become ingrown and reach your spinal cord and continue to grow up into your brain and block your thought processes. It may be already too late?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It signifies your unbelief that you are forgiven all trespasses!

You fail to understand forgiveness of all one's sins, is not license to continue in those sins.

Christians are not sinless creatures.
Even though they have been set free through faith in Jesus Christ, from the death sentence their sins accrued and which He paid, they still require the grant from the grace of God, of daily repentance, power, and will to turn away from the law of sin that remains in their members.

This is called Sanctification.

You practice a religion of enjoying a "get off free" ticket of Justification, without the consequential and spiritual results of a faithful, holy, and Sanctified life of obedience (thanksgiving & gratitude) shown towards God.

Such exhibition of Christian sanctification, is called "worship."

How do you practice worship, according to your limited MAD beliefs?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You fail to understand forgiveness of all one's sins, is not license to continue in those sins.
You fail to understand that if one takes forgiveness as a license to continue in sin, it's because God predestined that he would do so.

How do you not notice that you trip over your own doctrine at every step?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You fail to understand that if one takes forgiveness as a license to continue in sin, it's because God predestined that he would do so.

Wrong. God is not the author of any kind of such sinful attitude or behavior.

However, God does predestinate the person who uses the Gospel of Grace as excuse to continue in unrepentant sin, to suffer His condemnation.

How do you not notice that you trip over your own doctrine at every step?

You think you are so smart, but you have no accurate knowledge of the Reformed doctrines.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
speaking the truth in love Ephesians 4:15 KJV

studying the approved unto God way 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV/approving things that are excellent Philippians 1:9-10 KJV

Nothing wrong with such technical praxis, but you are not including two elements foundational to Christian worship.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Is that the "little brother" you mentioned in another post :chuckle:

And, I liked that silly movie :)

I know what yer sayin'. :chuckle:

But since I could be more charitable, I posted that figgerin' Grosnick's the little dude they toted outta the party. :eek:

heir

TOL Subscriber
However, God does predestinate the person who uses the Gospel of Grace as excuse to continue in unrepentant sin, to suffer His condemnation.
Those who are in the Body of Christ are dead to sin (Romans 6:2 KJV), in Christ Jesus there is no condemnation (Romans 8:1 KJV) and we are predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8:29 KJV). Why do you say otherwise?