ECT There is one Gospel/salvation, Heb 2:3

God's Truth

You just REFUSE to listen to scripture.

John 1:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Is this not correct?

Jesus came unto his own is about Jesus coming for the Jews.
We know that the lost sheep of Israel accepted Jesus because Jesus says he would not lose even one that God has given him.

God's Truth

No, Jesus called gentiles dogs.

Are Gentiles people?

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

Samaritans were blood related to Abraham, and Jesus did not come for them.

The Pharisees and teachers of the law were full Jews, as were the zealots, but they were cut off from God. Still they were Jesus' own people and they did not recognize him.

We know that some Jews did accept Jesus, they were the lost sheep. Jesus says he would not lose one.

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

God's Truth

Yes, non-Israelite's.

Ishmael was also blood related to Abraham.

Jesus came TO His own per John 1:11.

Again, some of his own must have believed in him.

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

For you to keep making it as NONE of his own believed in him is just not right.

dodge

Through the rise of Israel, only. The LORD Jesus Christ knew and believed the prophets.

The wild limb was grafted in through the "fall" of Israel as Paul taught.

Rom 11:11
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Their in that verse is the "fall" of Israel not their rise.

As Paul said they "stumbled" and they will be restored.

You have it completely backwards and 180 degrees out, STP.

God's Truth

The line about the 'end of all work was with the lost sheep' was that I get that impression from the 'club.' That doing anything at all with the gentiles was an afterthought, which they would like to think because of their two disparate systems.

Even though I do not agree with what the 'club' says about Jesus coming the first time and how they do not believe Jesus gave the one and only gospel, it still must be acknowledged that Jesus, when walked the earth, came only for the lost sheep of Israel, those are Jews who already belonged to God by faith. Again, while Jesus 'walked' the earth, he only came for the lost sheep, but when he was LIFTED UP, crucified, then ALL could come to him to be saved. Saved the same way as the lost sheep Jews, which means all the teachings Jesus gave while he 'walked' the earth, are now for everyone once he is crucified.

SaulToPaul 2

I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

:chuckle:

Nah. You're not getting it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

And when they are restored in the future, then the nations/gentiles will be blessed through their rise, according to prophecy.
The nations/gentiles are presently being blessed through their fall, according to mystery.

It's both according to dispensation and context.
Both must be recognized and distinguished.

STP is not wrong.
He is talking about Israel according to prophecy.
You are talking about Israel according to mystery.

Both are correct.
Things that are different are not the same.

dodge

And when they are restored in the future, then the nations/gentiles will be blessed through their rise, according to prophecy.
The nations/gentiles are presently being blessed through their fall, according to mystery.

Prophets in the OT prophesied about the fall of Israel and that is NOW past tense.

It's both according to dispensation and context.
Both must be recognized and distinguished.

The fall of Israel was the setting aside of Israel for a time and the gentiles ( the wild branch) was grafted in.

STP is not wrong.
He is talking about Israel according to prophecy.
You are talking about Israel according to mystery.

Paul said through the fall of Israel gentiles are grafted in to provoke Israel to jealousy.

The "mystery" has already been revealed done over finished ! We no longer live with the mystery veiled !

That is part of the ongoing debate. Scripture says the mystery was revealed by Jesus and the Holy Spirit. To claim Paul was the first to reveal the mystery moves Jesus and the Holy Spirit right out of the picture.

Both are correct.
Things that are different are not the same.

AND things that are the same are the same even if they are called different.