ECT The whole of the NT explains how salvation is obtained

Danoh

A most hearty welcome! to my current favorite warning verse:

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God … (1 John 3:10)

What are you going to do with NT verses such as this one?

Since you don't believe in practicing righteousness,
you could always fess up to admitting that you are a child of the devil. Dah.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, for those who hate Paul and his writings ...
I have a trinity of comments:
-- you can add John (above) to your hate list
-- Paul was much more tactful with his warnings than was Jesus
-- Paul taught the same gospel, etc. as Jesus (before his ministry took off,
Paul was taught by Jesus in the Spirit in the desert regions for 17 years)

An observation...

You appear to have allowed yourself, when reading a passage, to too often conclude that what a passage appears to be saying on its surface is how one determines what a passage is actually talking about.

Read Romans 6 thru 8 at least a good dozen times through in one sitting - not allowing yourself to decide what the possibly intended meaning of any word or phrase might be.

Just read over and over, allowing yourself to simply take it all in. See if after repeating that you do not begin to notice similar words, phrases, themes that appear to be related to one another.

Do that and what you find is that the "death" being reffered to in Romans 6:16, for example, is not eternal death, but real time, in the moment, spiritual death.

As when Paul, for example, relates in Rom. 7:9 "For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died."

Later, in Rom. 7:24, still on this same theme, he relates "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

It is obvious he is talking about a real time in the now and now type of death - a spiritual death.

He goes on to continue to address a warring conflict between his spirit, and his flesh.

How that when his flesh wins - when sin revives - his spirit dies.

So he talks of how he longs for deliverance "from the body of this death" from this spiritual death within him - that not only continually attempts to assert its own will over his spirit, but that is only capable of producing death!

In others words; fruit that is dead at and to its very core is dead because its root; the flesh is dead - incapable of producing any good acceptable to God.

He is talking about what all mankind inherits in Adam - Gen. 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"

One thing of several that he is actually talking about in Romans 6-8, is how that even OUR best falls short of the glory OF GOD because it is OUR best; it is of OUR FLESH and as a result is unacceptable to God.

He has already related in Romans 3 what the actual purpose of one aspect of the Law had been - Rom. 3:20 "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

He brings that up once more in Romans 7, but there he brings it up to address those who think they properly "know" (understand) "the law" - Rom 7:1 "Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?"

In other words, the surest way to end up producing fruit that is nice, beautiful, shiny IN ONE'S OWN IDEAS, but dead in God's Mind, is to preach Works Based Acceptance before God, this side of...

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Notice - Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The Cross has delivered the Believer from the above condemnation in the flesh. From that sense of helplessness...

From the sense of "if I try to please God, sin in me revives, and I die! If I don't try, I'm still wrong in His eyes! What am I going to do!"

Its as if when Adam fell; his flesh now had a great big yellow sign on it with big black letters on it that said "This tree's every effort; its' every fruit is condemned. Because there is no life in this tree."

What's a person to do?

Like that TV commercial about insurance might put it "If you're a Believer in the FINISHED work of Jesus Christ, you rest in Him - its what you."

You quit trying to live in that real time in the moment condemnation in your flesh that you set off every time you try to please God in your off-based notion that you "have to" please Him.

If you're a Believer in HIS Son's FINISHED work, you rest IN Him - its what you do; its WHO you are NOW IN Him - you ARE ACCEPTED IN the Beloved."

Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Just what this rest is, is what those who THINK they know (understand) the Law, CONTINUALLY confuse.

Just what is this rest? And just why and how is it that that the Believer in the FINISHED work of Christ has been delivered from the condemnation in the flesh that attempting get from God in one's own strength what the Believer ALREADY HAS IN His Son?

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The Believer in the FINISHED work of Christ is now free to rest in being able to serve God - free from the law of sin and death!

Yes!

Now he is able to bear fruit unto righteousness; unto this righteousness of God he now has in Christ!

Note this again...

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Hunh?

2Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

That is one aspect of what was going on, on "that old rugged Cross."

He died that you might live, Zach.

Do you have that? Or are you stuck in that system prior to the Cross - your "OWN righteousness which is of the Law" a system that God was actually making a point through - notice...these people below had fallen into your same misunderstanding...

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Grace is not against good works. Rather, works under Grace are not of the Law - the Law had been meant to set off the flesh!

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

The former system set off sin that sin might become obvious.

The present one liberates one from both of those issues, and then just as freely accounts one righteous.

Now that one has this righteousness, it empowers one through the Word about how these things work - such that one is able to just go and be who one has been made in Christ - " the righteousness of God in Him!"

The only missing component being whether one who who now has this righteousness not only has been properly taught by the Word how to properly access it, but also, is one accessing it?

Or is one rationalizing in his mind "well, this, that the, the other..." as to why they might behave, live, or carry on as they do.

Its an odd sort of a freedom the Believer in the FINISHED work of Christ has.

Still, it is a freedom from the flesh; it is a freedom to serve.

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

The best to you in this...

ZacharyB

Danoh, I appreciate all of the work you put into your post,
and you certainly deserve a good response.

Let me say again that I have only been preaching and teaching against
those believers who have been habitually sinning without repentance.
The NT makes it more than abundantly clear that
these believers are NOT going to heaven ...
... unless they wake up and sincerely repent.
Of course, one must understand what repentance means!

Actually, Jesus makes things much more clear about this than does Paul.

Hint: all of the NT sin lists refer to habitual unrepentant sinners,
and they apply to absolutely everyone, including believers!
T'would be very unfair to condemn only unbelievers ...
who are doing nothing different or worse than believers are doing!

Some open-minded common sense also needs to be applied,
not just one's favorite and uplifting Scriptures.

Blessings to you, and may the Lord open your spiritual eyes!

Danoh

Yes!

blessings:)

Meshak, I hope you have found a new hat that you are happy with.

As to your agreement with Zach's reply to my post; I have to disagree.

There was a very specific reason why the Lord emphasized works in the way He did, where He did.

Until that is properly studied out and understood, His Words will continue to be taken out of their scope and context and misunderstood as a result.

Sort of as in everyday life; where we think we have understood something correctly only to find out later that it was how and where we were looking at it from that had us believing we had it right.

By the way, whatever became of the person who went by the name GodsTruth?

ZacharyB

By the way, whatever became of the person who went by the name GodsTruth?
A lot of people everywhere have been coming into a revelation of the Truth,
and have disappeared from view.
This group includes several moderators of Christian forums.

As for thou, what does thou thinkest of this voice? ...

Rejoice and Praise the Lord, no one has to be of God who doesn't want to be!
Isn't our free will wonderful!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
A lot of people everywhere have been coming into a revelation of the Truth,
and have disappeared from view.
This group includes several moderators of Christian forums.

As for thou, what does thou thinkest of this voice? ...

Rejoice and Praise the Lord, no one has to be of God who doesn't want to be!
Isn't our free will wonderful!

If you practise a righteousness different to the one preached at the first then you are not of God

ZacharyB

If you practise a righteousness different to the one preached at the first then you are not of God
We need to practice the righteousness as taught in the NT,
whatever that is exactly ... it's for each believer to figure out.

'Cause the choiches ain't tellin' no one!
For sure, in 16-17 most American pastors will be removed,
i.e. disappear from "office" 'cause they're "hirelings" (Jesus terminology).
Dey will be shipped off the FEMA (concentration) camps!
Ha, now you really think I'm crazy. Enjoy!

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Scripture explains how man attains salvation, and it also
reconciles all of the supposed contradictions concerning salvation …

First, all humans are born with an inherited sin nature (a “fallen” nature),
e.g. Jesus actually told His disciples that they were “evil”.
The normal human being is incapable of believing the gospel (good news)
of Jesus Christ because the Truth of it is hidden from him … man is:
spiritually blind and deaf, spiritually dead, a slave to sin, forced to obey evil,
a captive to the law of sin and death, unable to be saved through good works,
deceived and blinded by Satan, a captive of Satan unto death, etc.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is “foolishness” to all those perishing (going to hell).
They do not choose this, but are just incapable of believing the foolish gospel.

God’s grace (unmerited favor) toward the mass of fallen humanity is 3-fold:
• that ANY human could ever be received into heaven by a most Holy God
• that SOME humans are given the ability to believe the saving gospel
• that sincere repentance can usually result in the forgiveness of sins

God must give a seed of faith to man to enable him to believe the foolish gospel.
This is not a one-time event, but the Greek tense indicates a continuing belief.
That only some are chosen is consistent with God’s preference, for example:
“I dwell in the high and holy place with him who has a contrite and humble spirit”.
The question is: How-when-why did certain people obtain this type of spirit?

(*A*) Along with truly believing the saving Truth of the gospel with his heart,
man receives the Holy Spirit within, and is born-again with a new nature.
After receiving this free gift (a revelation of the Truth), the believer will begin
to be taught deeper spiritual Truths by the precious Holy Spirit who dwells within.
Man is no longer a slave to sin; he no longer has to sin; he can choose not to sin.
He can present himself as a slave of obedience unto righteousness for holiness,
or he can choose to present himself as a slave of sin unto eternal death.

One critical spiritual Truth is that disobedience to God is actually proof of unbelief.
In the OT, the Israelites did not enter God’s rest because of disobedience (unbelief).
God left them scattered all over the desert floor; and this was a warning for everyone!
Born-again believers have much less of an excuse for failure … see (*A*) above.
So, here Scripture gives another negative response to the question of
whether or not easy-believism and easy-grace are enough for salvation.

The main reason for God giving man free will is to test his love, faithfulness,
obedience, etc. to God his Creator. Yes, Jesus became the author of eternal
salvation to all who obey Him … and this obedience does not refer to believing
in Him and His gospel after having received the precious free gift of saving faith.
No, Jesus said that if you love Him (for His sacrifice, etc.), you will obey Him.
The practicing of righteousness is proof that one stands righteous before God.

After receiving the saving Truth, the believer can always make the disastrous
free-will choice of not continuing on with his faith. Many Scripture passages
warn that enduring in the faith until death is absolutely necessary for salvation.
You must not fall away from the faith when the terrible persecution of Christians
comes upon you, and you must not take the mark of the beast of the antichrist.

It’s all about unbelief … and the NT describes exactly what unbelief is.
An evil heart of unbelief is displayed by one who departs from the faith,
and this is often connected to one having been hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

After receiving the saving Truth, the believer can always make the free-will choice
to be disobedient and return to their old lifestyle of habitual unrepentant sinning.
Several lists of sins, which many people (including believers) commit habitually,
apply to absolutely everyone with regard to being disqualified from entering
the kingdom of God/heaven (which is somewhat analogous to heaven itself).

If you wish to see Scriptures for any of the points above, please just ask.

Not a lot of people know this, but the words believe, believer, and believing are mistranslations of the Greek word "pisteuo". If your interested I could tell you more about it.

ZacharyB

Not a lot of people know this, but the words believe, believer, and believing are mistranslations of the Greek word "pisteuo". If your interested I could tell you more about it.
A great world-wide evangelist, T.L. Osborne, studied this out thoroughly
(because the common understanding makes NO sense whatsoever,
to thinking people, in light of the entire NT)
... and he came to the conclusion that "pisteou" means:
to believe, to have faith, to have trust, to be obedient.

BELIEF - FAITH - TRUST - OBEY

But, today's pastors won't preach this today (even if they understood it)
because it's way too unpopular ... yes, bringing in tithes is the #1 priority.
All of the many mortgages of the many staff members must be paid off, right?