ECT The whole of the NT explains how salvation is obtained

Interplanner

I don't know what you talking about!

He who loves much is forgiven much is from Lk 7, the disreputable woman wiping Jesus feet.

Many people read Mt 18's parable without realizing the true colors of the steward show in v26--he thinks the new arrangement is an installment plan. It hasn't changed his heart. He is heartless. He does nothing from the heart.

beloved57

He who loves much is forgiven much is from Lk 7, the disreputable woman wiping Jesus feet.

Many people read Mt 18's parable without realizing the true colors of the steward show in v26--he thinks the new arrangement is an installment plan. It hasn't changed his heart. He is heartless. He does nothing from the heart.
More Rabbit trail comments!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 3:10 KJV
This refers to before Christianity offered the only way to eternal life.
Doesn't the following passage prove that?
It shows that all come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23 KJV), that the scripture hath concluded all under sin (Galatians 3:22 KJV side note: the promise by faith OF Jesus Christ might be given to THEM THAT BELIEVE.). It is BY the faith of Jesus Christ that the righteousness of God is available unto all (Romans 3:21-22 KJV).

Romans 3:21-22 KJV
This original imputed righteousness is great, but it obviously must be maintained.
Religious men always have a big ole "BUT". The righteousness of God which is BY the faith OF Jesus Christ is UPON ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE, period. It is a gift by belief! Imputed righteousness (Romans 4:23-25 KJV)!

You have no righteousness of your own, which is of the law. Just as Paul realized, so must you!

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Trust the Lord for salvation believing the gospel of Christ and have the righteousness of God imputed (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! You have no hope without it (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

beloved57

It shows that all come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23 KJV), that the scripture hath concluded all under sin (Galatians 3:22 KJV side note: the promise by faith OF Jesus Christ might be given to THEM THAT BELIEVE.). It is BY the faith of Jesus Christ that the righteousness of God is available unto all (Romans 3:21-22 KJV).

Religious men always have a big ole "BUT". The righteousness of God which is BY the faith OF Jesus Christ is UPON ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE, period. It is a gift by belief! Imputed righteousness (Romans 4:23-25 KJV)!

You have no righteousness of your own, which is of the law. Just as Paul realized, so must you!

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Trust the Lord for salvation believing the gospel of Christ and have the righteousness of God imputed (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! You have no hope without it (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV).
This is promoting salvation by works, by what a person does, discounts salvation by what Christ did alone!

ZacharyB

You have no righteousness of your own, which is of the law.
Scripture says that several people prior to the new covenant
were in a gloriously righteous standing before the God of heaven.
E.G. my favs, Zach and Lizzie (Luke 1).

Then Jesus came along and said ...
He did not come to save the righteous, but sinners!

Then Paul came along and warned that you had better choose to
be a slave of obedience leading to righteousness unto holiness!

Then John came along and said ...
“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God … (1 John 3:10)

So, art thou a daughter of God, or a daughter of the devil?

It seems our dear Tottster has figured out that she of the latter persuasion.
And hopefully she is in the process of changing her ways.
If you ever figure things out, maybe you will also choose to change.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Scripture says that several people prior to the new covenant
were in a gloriously righteous standing before the God of heaven.
We are in the but now where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, just as saith the scripture!

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ according to the scripture above is revealed in the gospel of Christ according to Romans 1:16-17 KJV:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

You can't have it without trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). By your testimony over and over on this site, you have shown that you believe not and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). You are actually trying to put your righteousness (which is nada/zero/zip) up against the righteousness of God (Romans 3:10 KJV, Romans 3:23 KJV, Romans 4:4 KJV). You are a fool.

heir

TOL Subscriber
WOW ... you continue to pile up the doo-doo you're wading in!
Jesus condemned those who call others, "fool".
Congratulations!
The law you want everyone to keep is not of faith.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Tell me again how your reighteousness is going to stack up against the righteousness of God? You don't stand a chance. Your only hope is the gospel of the grace of God!

ZacharyB

Tell me again how your reighteousness is going to stack up against the righteousness of God?
You don't stand a chance. Your only hope is the gospel of the grace of God!
The NT obviously teaches that BOTH are necessary, required, etc.
BOTH ... BOTH ... BOTH ...BOTH ... BOTH ... BOTH ... BOTH ...

As I've always said, it's all about co-operation,
which ain't works ... 'tis simply obedience!

Your refusal to be obedient unto righteousness unto holiness
makes you a daughter of the devil. Again, congratulations!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Belittling others is not of the Spirit.

He alleged I am condemned because I called him a fool, but there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus and I'm in Him. I'm not belittling him. I called him what he is. You workers are just sore because you can't work righteousness for salvation (Titus 3:5-7 KJV). Once again, that's on you, not me.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, it's of the children of the devil.
That label fits workers like you and Paul would call you so as you pervert the gospel of Christ!

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The NT obviously teaches that BOTH are necessary, required, etc.
BOTH ... BOTH ... BOTH ...BOTH ... BOTH ... BOTH ... BOTH ...
Not everything that is written in what you call the "NT" is written TO you.

As I've always said, it's all about co-operation,
which ain't works ... 'tis simply obedience!
You can't lift a finger to save yourself, deceitful worker (Romans 4:4 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)

Your refusal to be obedient unto righteousness unto holiness
makes you a daughter of the devil. Again, congratulations!
I obeyed the gospel which is by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in my place. You can stuff your filthy rags! Your works are a stench in the nostrils of God! They don't hold a candle to the Lord Jesus Christ's righteousness which is upon all them that believe (that excludes you as you don't believe).