The Wages of Sin is DEATH

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Love is learned by the Word, whether experience OR valid lexicography. They work together. Maybe you don't know what it means and don't know you don't know what it means.

You're the one who is unsure I love you.

How is that, seeing you have been born from above enabling you to decipher language like no other before you?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It doesn't have to be, if one is part of the new creation in Christ.

It's amazing how you (like so many others tainted by Modernism in addition to sin and evil within them) think you have the overarching sense of rationality to presume to judge all things in this manner.

What an egomaniacally narrow and presuppositional self-determined false foundation of false autonomy.

Your logos is not God's Logos, so human logic cannot begin to understand such things without being born from above. I can recount an entire treatise on the meanings of suffering and all else, but you can't comprehend any of it without being renewed in the spirit of your mind.

You didn't abandon the Christian faith. You were never an actual Christian, just like the majority of other professing Christians.

Can you say this five times real fast?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You're the one who is unsure I love you.

How is that, seeing you have been born from above enabling you to decipher language like no other before you?

Because whatever crossover of agape and phileo it might be, it has pathos. So it's the pathos that makes the love unsure. I'm not unsure. Your "love" is unsure.

Ben Masada

Did Jesus "atone" for the sin of unbelief for all people?

No, as there was no need for Jesus to get into that picture. HaShem had already provided a self atonement through the Law. Now, if you want to set things right with the Lord, all you need is to repent and return to the obedience of the Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) Jesus himself confirmed it when he said that, to achieve atonement for ones'sins, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) If you find hard to believe what I have said just above, read the quotes for clarity.

Ben Masada

You need to get out of the Old Testament and get in the new. Every thing has changed, 1 John 2:2.

Who dared to make any change in the only Scriptures that Jesus used to refer to as the Word of God aka the Tanach? (Deut. 4:2) Oh yes because, of the NT, he had never even dreamed it would ever rise.

fishrovmen

No, as there was no need for Jesus to get into that picture. HaShem had already provided a self atonement through the Law. Now, if you want to set things right with the Lord, all you need is to repent and return to the obedience of the Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) Jesus himself confirmed it when he said that, to achieve atonement for ones'sins, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) If you find hard to believe what I have said just above, read the quotes for clarity.
I actually agree with Robert Pate here. Get out of the old covenant (Hebrews chapter 7 and 8) and read Romans 8:3,4

Robert Pate

Banned
Who dared to make any change in the only Scriptures that Jesus used to refer to as the Word of God aka the Tanach? (Deut. 4:2) Oh yes because, of the NT, he had never even dreamed it would ever rise.

The Old Testament is a record of God bringing forth a nation and a people from whom the savior of the world would come.

Ben Masada

The Old Testament is a record of God bringing forth a nation and a people from whom the savior of the world would come.

And when he came, you made of him a Christian. The only way to make reparations for that is to promote the truth that he was Jewish and that he never had any thing to do with Christianity.

Ben Masada

I actually agree with Robert Pate here. Get out of the old covenant (Hebrews chapter 7 and 8) and read Romans 8:3,4

We have left the OT and taken possession of the New Covenant which was made with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. Nothing to do with Christians. (Jer. 31:31) What you are suggesting is to replace the Tanach with the gospel of Paul. No sir, that would be to adopt the idolatry of the NT. Thank you but no, thanks.

Sonnet

Yes, I knew you were being sarcastic. My post was for the general readership.

First, the necessary distinction between noun (singular and plural) and verb. Then the vital distinction between articular and anarthrous nouns, both singular and plural.

Not one poster on TOL understands Hamartiology. Sad.

Perhaps you could explain your point?

Sonnet

And when he came, you made of him a Christian. The only way to make reparations for that is to promote the truth that he was Jewish and that he never had any thing to do with Christianity.

Hosea 2:23
I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one.’ I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’ ‘You are my people’; and they will say, ‘You are my God.’ ”

Reactions: Lon

Sonnet

We have left the OT and taken possession of the New Covenant which was made with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. Nothing to do with Christians. (Jer. 31:31) What you are suggesting is to replace the Tanach with the gospel of Paul. No sir, that would be to adopt the idolatry of the NT. Thank you but no, thanks.

What are you suggesting - that God is only interested in non-gentiles?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Perhaps you could explain your point?

Greek has a different noun structure than English. The English-patterned mind superimposes a presumed context upon whatever is translated from Greek into English, even with quality translations. Some of this includes processing nouns as verbs because of sentence structure; and it's a huge challenge for English to represent Greek anarthrous nouns, most often leaving English speakers presuming nouns are merely definite or indefinite article English nouns.

Since nouns are the person/place/thing doing all action as verbs; and since adjectives modify nouns while adverbs modify the verbs that nouns are doing; and since all other forms of language structure follows this pattern; then understanding nouns is the vital key to recognizing truth in translation.

Greek does not have indefinite article nouns (a/an), so there is no such thing as a/an for nouns. English does not have anarthrous nouns, instead resigning all anarthrous reference to adjectives and adverbs, etc. So every time an anarthrous Greek noun is referring to quality, character, and activity of an articular noun, English speakers virtually always perceive that noun to be a definite article noun, an indefinite article noun, or a verb.

Once someone can learn this basic distinction (which takes an initial understanding and then some time to apply), their patterns of thought can be conformed to what the inspired text is actually saying instead of passively and unconsciously changing what scripture says and means.

This one language structure disparity is the main cause of most tangents and binaries of doctrine, and is the foundation for the overwhelming majority of false doctrines that have emerged in the last half millennia in the Protestant sects that have proliferated because of it.

This will not go away by ignoring it or downplaying it in denial. English speakers have hearts and minds that are patterned to process word meanings in a different fashion than is presented in scripture. It's an epistemological functionality issue, and virtually everyone is blind to it because it's their epistemological pattern of (dys-)functionality.

Add in the necessary examination of individual word meaning variances, and it means a multitude are reading scripture and coming to conclusions based more on their own subjective presuppositions than objective truth presented by/from the text.

Voila... Hundreds and thousands of variations in belief, all professing to be Christian and to have THE truth.