The Wages of Sin is DEATH

PureX

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23.
I agree that the "wages of sin, is death", but not always for the sinner, and rarely right away. Which is why we humans don't take the idea of "sin" all that seriously.

When we probably should.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I think that you have been hanging out with some of those highly educated Christian scholars.

No. I've been hanging out with the inspired Greek text and prayerfully learning the major issues others build false doctrine upon because they don't know valid lexical and grammatical problems.

If one does not know the difference between articular/anarthrous Greek nouns and English definite article and indefinite articles for nouns (and the difference between nouns and verbs in that regard), then one does NOT understand Sin-ology (Hamartiology).

Anyone who constantly refers to the noun "sin" as the verb "sin" doesn't understand basic grammar and cannot represent the truth.

Rather than ad hominem, please provide a brief explanation of the word sin in all its forms. This is basic grammar, and it's crucial. Nouns are not verbs. Articular Greek nouns are not anarthrous Greek nouns OR indefinite article nouns in English.

If one does not know this, their entire scope of theological doctrines is simply and greatly flawed.

Zeke

It's sad you've been duped my Modernism-sculpted contemporary Christianity before having any actual understanding of the authentic Christian Faith apart from historical revisionism, including that which you perpetuate in your own freakish manner.

Galatians 1:12 isn't some new Modernism, nor is Luke 17:20-21 a new concept. The labels are mans construct not the Spirit which transcends time and traditions of men playing the identity game.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Galatians 1:12 isn't some new Modernism, nor is Luke 17:20-21 a new concept. The labels are mans construct not the Spirit which transcends time and traditions of men playing the identity game.

Then stop playing the game. Galatians, like all of Pauline content, is ontological. Your false Epistemology is no better than that of the Methodologists you criticize.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, I knew you were being sarcastic. My post was for the general readership.

First, the necessary distinction between noun (singular and plural) and verb. Then the vital distinction between articular and anarthrous nouns, both singular and plural.

Not one poster on TOL understands Hamartiology. Sad.

Yeah. We can't all be at your "Genuis level." Some of us have to keep our feet on the ground.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Yeah. We can't all be at your "Genuis level." Some of us have to keep our feet on the ground.

Philippians 1:9-11
Love abounds in knowledge (epignosis).

Colossians 1:9-14
Be filled with the knowledge (epignosis) of His will.

It's sad you are keeping your feet on the ground instead of walking in the Spirit and walking worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, increasing in the knowledge of God (love having abounded in that knowledge).

Knowledge (epignosis) is a synonym for faith. You dismiss faith itself when you dismiss knowledge. My "genius" is love abounding, and love works faith.

PureX

Sure it does. Sin is a noun. Part of the curse is randomness and the collective effects of evil in the cosmos.
… Except that it's irrational to presume that randomness has a purpose.

AND, in this case we aren't talking about randomness. We're talking about the moral disconnect between the sinner and the suffering.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Philippians 1:9-11
Love abounds in knowledge (epignosis).

Colossians 1:9-14
Be filled with the knowledge (epignosis) of His will.
Increasing in the knowledge (epignosis) of God.

It's sad you are keeping your feet on the ground instead of walking in the Spirit and walking worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, increasing in the knowledge of God (love having abounded in that knowledge).

Knowledge (epignosis) is a synonym for faith. You dismiss faith itself when you dismiss knowledge. My "genius" is love abounding, and love works faith.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

AND, in this case we aren't talking about randomness. We're talking about the moral disconnect between the sinner and the suffering.

All wrong statements and questions. There is too much you don't understand, especially about Ponerology and Hamartiology relative to all else.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
There's no such thing as a "wrong question"; only people who can't or don't want to answer them.

Really? When did you last commit genocide of an entire people group? I would hope that is a wrong question.

Wrong questions are those posed from incorrect and invalid presuppositions such as yours.

Zeke

Then stop playing the game. Galatians, like all of Pauline content, is ontological. Your false Epistemology is no better than that of the Methodologists you criticize.

The inward focus of interpretation rightly divided is by Divine revelation within, so called Pauline teaching is just a plagiarized version that still has some Esoteric truth laced in them Galatians 3:1, 1:12 portrayed/revelation/Allegory/Figurative instead of being an actual sacrifice of flesh and blood that has no inheritance Matt 11:11, Galatians 4:23-28.
The truth isn't founded on so called Pauline teachings that have no time limits as in past or future theological theory that could close all their institutions down with the simple inward message found in 1Cor 13, which transcended all the doctrinal strains of mental infection that teach the lie of original sin and total depravity.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Sin (the noun) entered the inhabited cosmos (Romans 5). You, like most, just don't know what sin is; and the same is true of "evil".

Any may suffer for sin having entered the cosmos.