The Wages of Sin is DEATH

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Would we all agree that "The wages of sin is death" means, both Spiritual and physical? Or, one or the other?

In Romans 6:23, "wages" is "opsonion", from opson (meat) and oneomai (to buy). This is signifying whatever is bought to be eaten with bread. Provisions; supplies for a soldier's pay. It is the "meat-price" in the martket, and it differs from the wages paid to a worker.

It's physical death, and it's from sin (singular articular); which is NOT any other noun form you and so many others substitute because you have no clue.

Spiritual death is what all humanity since Adam is born into at conception, resulting in singular articular sin; the wages of that sin is physical death.

But since you don't know what thanatos (death) even is, you can't know what any of that means.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
The only possible reason for a man to use an advanced form of words and phrases is to show others that he is "greater" than they.

1 Corinthians 1:25 states: "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

No, it's to maintain the actual meaning of the text in the face of its perversion by nominal and arrogant Englishizers who believe their autonomous opinions trump every detail of grammar they don't understand and pervert.

You're a heretic of heretics, and you literally can't know it because you've presumed to know what scripture means from your English perspective.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
PPS claims he "Disciples" others. I've never heard such arrogance coming out of a mere man? Romans 12:3 states: "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

You best pay close attention to this verse PPS.

No. You hear arrogance every time you speak. You have no clue, and continue to babble on and on with your blah, blah, blah.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
The Bible is a Spiritual Book. It requires Spiritual understanding. In my opinion, we need the guidance of the Holy Spirit, not the guidance of mere men. Before I open the Bible, I pray to God in Jesus name that He will give me wisdom and knowledge to understand what I'm about to read. After all, The Holy Spirit inspired the Bible. Some people rely on commentaries and the worldly wisdom of so-called Scholars.

Wow. So your prayers have made you the one who understands scripture. I guess it's your prayers alone that are effective. Everyone should be worshipping you, oh great praying one. It's all your prayers.

You have just endicted yourself in ways you will never be able to see.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Luke 18:11-13 states: "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner."

King James Version (KJV)

You're that Publican, having professed how you pray all the time about scripture. YOU are the Publican.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness"

The simplicity of this statement...

There are many Christians hang onto single verse they base their faith, and skip many, many of Jesus' inconvenient word.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
A poster has to have a four year college education at Harvard/Yale in order to understand your posts?

No, but thanks for the admission of your natural AND spiritual ignorance.

Simple is best.

Really? Peter indicated Paul said things difficult to understand. And your demands for "simple" are the same ones always made by those who have no idea what scripture says because they have been slothful and entitled, insisting God do it all for them without them being renewed in the spirit of their minds.

1 Corinthians 1:26 "For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:"

Good thing I'm not wise AFTER THE FLESH, and only according to the depths of meaning in the inspired text alone.

You're too wise for your own good in order to understand Paul.

Even you should understand the difference scripture makes between "wise after the flesh" and "wisdom" that we are supposed to have in Christ.

Your pride and entitlement leave you at the mercy of your own flesh. YOU are the one who is wise after the flesh.

Reactions: Lon

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're that Publican, having professed how you pray all the time about scripture. YOU are the Publican.

Very childish "return comment" considering you're supposed to be a self-admitted member of the "Upper-echelon of Intelligentsia?" It would be comparable to saying: "I know you are but what am I?" Something a child would say. Shame on you. Think before you attempt to say something of absolute brilliance.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Peter indicated Paul said things difficult to understand.

You forgot to read the rest of the verse? 2 Corinthians 3:16 "as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

As you see Peter says, Paul is hard to understand for: "Untaught and unstable" people. Those are the ones that have difficulties understanding Paul's writings. You leave out some of the content in order to make your "weak point."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
PPS, it would be best to get off your Tricycle, put on your big boy pants, and walk and talk like a real man? As I see it, you're only playing the part of a mature adult.