The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Bible says God spoke to the prophets by the Holy Spirit.

Again, so what? That's not in debate here.

Can you show any scripture in the Old Testament where the Holy Spirit is speaking and it not be the Father?

Not off the top of my head, no.

How is it you don't know we are talking about the Old Testament?

"All scripture is profitable...", even the New Testament.

Try again and give scriptures from the Old Testament.

Then the LORD [Jesus] rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD [the Father and/or the Holy Spirit] out of the heavens. - Genesis 19:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis19:24&version=NKJV

Son, not the Father:

Now the Angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur.And He said, “Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where have you come from, and where are you going?” She said, “I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai.”The Angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hand.”Then the Angel of the Lord said to her, “I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be counted for multitude.”And the Angel of the Lord said to her: “Behold, you are with child, And you shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, Because the Lord has heard your affliction.He shall be a wild man; His hand shall be against every man, And every man’s hand against him. And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.” - Genesis 16:7-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis16:7-12&version=NKJV

There are three.

Three what? Titles? Ideas? Fish? Tires? Three WHAT?!

I have no idea about what game you are talking about.

GT, blind even to what she herself says.

I can hardly wait for you to give me the scriptures in the Old Testament where Jesus the Son is speaking, and another where the Holy Spirit is speaking.

Sounds pretty impatient to me.

We are English speakers debating, you need to speak English.

Even English speakers use words from other languages to further their point.

You handicap yourself by not learning the original meaning of what the Bible says, making it seem that you wish to remain in the milk of the Word, and not advance to the meat.

I almost pity you.

Almost.

The Bible says God the Father spoke through His Son in later times...the New Testament.

Ok, and?

That is the Testament we were speaking about. I am waiting for you to show me that Hebrews was wrong.

You think that I think that Hebrews is wrong? Which part of Hebrews?

No. God does not give more meaning to one language over another.

What about in general? How about Russian? Can a word in Russian have more meaning than its English counterpart does? How about Swahili? or Spanish? or Afrikaans? or Japanese?

How many words in other languages take more than one English word to define?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus only says what the Father says.
That does not answer any of my questions.

Please answer my questions. I have answered yours to the best of my ability.

Does Jesus say everything the Father says?
oes the Father say things that Jesus does not say?
Can Jesus say things that the Father never considered? Can the Father?

So the Son spoke in the Old Testament, according to you, but according to the scriptures it was God the Father.

No, according to scripture, it was God speaking. Not necessarily the Father.

As for what you said about the Holy Spirit, I have no idea what you are talking about.

You don't seem to have any idea what anyone is talking about. Just saying.

JR, gd, and 1m1s say that Jesus the Son spoke in the Old Testament sometimes, and sometimes the Father did, and sometimes the Holy Spirit did.

Don't they believe the scripture that says the Father spoke through the Son in LATER/New Testament times?

(We're right here, you know. You can speak directly to us.)

Does that mean that the Father spoke through the Son ONLY in later times?

John 12:49 because I haven't spoken on my own authority. Instead, the Father who sent me has himself commanded me what to say and how to speak.

You may want to look at the context for this one...

God's Truth

Again, so what? That's not in debate here.

Not off the top of my head, no.

"All scripture is profitable...", even the New Testament.

Then the LORD [Jesus] rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD [the Father and/or the Holy Spirit] out of the heavens. - Genesis 19:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis19:24&version=NKJV

So now you are going against the book of Hebrews that says God the FATHER spoke through His Son in later times.

Son, not the Father:

Now the Angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur.And He said, “Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where have you come from, and where are you going?” She said, “I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai.”The Angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hand.”Then the Angel of the Lord said to her, “I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be counted for multitude.”And the Angel of the Lord said to her: “Behold, you are with child, And you shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, Because the Lord has heard your affliction.He shall be a wild man; His hand shall be against every man, And every man’s hand against him. And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.” - Genesis 16:7-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis16:7-12&version=NKJV

Hebrews 1:1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,

Even English speakers use words from other languages to further their point.

You handicap yourself by not learning the original meaning of what the Bible says, making it seem that you wish to remain in the milk of the Word, and not advance to the meat.

I almost pity you.

Almost.

Ok, and?

You think that I think that Hebrews is wrong? Which part of Hebrews?

What about in general? How about Russian? Can a word in Russian have more meaning than its English counterpart does? How about Swahili? or Spanish? or Afrikaans? or Japanese?

How many words in other languages take more than one English word to define?

No language gives more understanding about God over another.

God's Truth

No, according to scripture, it was God speaking. Not necessarily the Father.

Can you see?

Hebrews 1:2 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,

Hebrews 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

The scriptures plainly tell us that God the FATHER is speaking in the Old Testament.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So now you are going against the book of Hebrews that says God the FATHER spoke through His Son in later times.

Did the Father speak through the Son ONLY in later times?

Hebrews 1:1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,

Did God ONLY speak through prophets in the Old Testament?

No language gives more understanding about God over another.

Just answer the darn question, GT. Can words in other languages have more meaning than words in English?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Can you see?

There's nothing to see.

Hebrews 1:2 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,

Hebrews 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

The scriptures plainly tell us that God the FATHER is speaking in the Old Testament.

You're reading your interpretation into that verse.

Did God ONLY speak through the prophets in the Old Testament? Did he ONLY speak through the Son in the New Testament?

God's Truth

Did the Father speak through the Son ONLY in later times?

That is what the scriptures say.

Did God ONLY speak through prophets in the Old Testament?

You really don't see well.

Just answer the darn question, GT. Can words in other languages have more meaning than words in English?

I already answered your question.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is what the scriptures say.

So Jesus was speaking in Matthew 3:17?

You really don't see well.

I see just fine thanks.

I see that you can't answer a direct question with a straight answer.

Since you say that God ONLY spoke through prophets to the Patriarchs, what was the name of the prophet that spoke to Abram before he began his journey with his father to the land of Canaan? I need a name and a scripture reference.

I already answered your question.

NO, you did not, GT, you did not answer my question, otherwise I wouldn't have to repeat it.

GT:

Do words in languages other than English sometimes have more meaning than the english equivalent?

This is NOT a Bible question. It is a question about languages in general.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Try to think a little more clearly. I have not said an Arian couldn't be saved. I've always rather said God will bring them around. He is Sovereign. If you are His, He will correct those who belong to Him. I'm confident. I don't have you on ignore by that token. You at least listen and for the most part, will attempt to use and face scriptures. There are a couple of times, because of your angst, that I've thought about putting you on ignore, but for the most part, those are few between and so, in hopes, I pray scripture will make a difference. Scripture, at the least, cannot return void. It accomplishes what God desires. 1 Timothy 3:16 will accomplish what God desires and as Paul says "WITHOUT" controversy. John 20:28 will not return void. John 1:1 is clear. It cannot return void. One of my best friends used to be a JW. He followed scriptures where they led. As with Popsthebuilder, you too should read what is without controversy: 1 Timothy 3:16.

Put me on ignore.

You think too highly of yourself.

LA

God's Truth

So Jesus was speaking in Matthew 3:17?

I see just fine thanks.

I see that you can't answer a direct question with a straight answer.

Since you say that God ONLY spoke through prophets to the Patriarchs, what was the name of the prophet that spoke to Abram before he began his journey with his father to the land of Canaan? I need a name and a scripture reference.

NO, you did not, GT, you did not answer my question, otherwise I wouldn't have to repeat it.

GT:

Do words in languages other than English sometimes have more meaning than the english equivalent?

This is NOT a Bible question. It is a question about languages in general.

I already answered all your questions. You just need to believe the scriptures.

glorydaz

The Bible says God spoke to the prophets by the Holy Spirit.

Can you show any scripture in the Old Testament where the Holy Spirit is speaking and it not be the Father?

How is it you don't know we are talking about the Old Testament?

Try again and give scriptures from the Old Testament.

There are three. I have no idea about what game you are talking about.

I can hardly wait for you to give me the scriptures in the Old Testament where Jesus the Son is speaking, and another where the Holy Spirit is speaking.

We are English speakers debating, you need to speak English.

The Bible says God the Father spoke through His Son in later times...the New Testament.

That is the Testament we were speaking about. I am waiting for you to show me that Hebrews was wrong.

No. God does not give more meaning to one language over another.

I know this may come as a surprise to you, God's UNtruth, but you are not the BOSS LADY.
You are not the Director of the Choir. You are not the Class Monitor. You are simply the Class Clown.

How is it you don't know that? :chew:

glorydaz

Can you see?

No...."let us make our image" is speaking of our triune God.

And in these last days, GOD (triune), is speaking to us through His Son.

The TRIUNE GOD (GODHEAD) dwelt in the Son and has spoken to us by Him.

Try to stick to what is actually written in God's word. The word you see is GOD, not the Father, and every single time you add your own faulty understanding to what is written you become a minister of satan.

God's Truth

I know this may come as a surprise to you, God's UNtruth, but you are not the BOSS LADY.
You are not the Director of the Choir. You are not the Class Monitor. You are simply the Class Clown.

How is it you don't know that? :chew:

I gave scripture that says God the FATHER spoke in the Old Testament times and through His Son in the New Testament times.

You say the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit took turns talking in the Old Testament. lol

How convenient and wrong of those in the trinitarian doctrine---Oh that doesn't prove Jesus is God the Father come as a Son because Jesus was speaking there in Isaiah, and, no that doesn't prove it because the Father is speaking there in that Isaiah scripture. You have to believe what is written or you will fall into false doctrines.

God's Truth

No...."let us make our image" is speaking of our triune God.

But it is the FATHER speaking, just as the scripture says.

And in these last days, GOD (triune), is speaking to us through His Son.

The TRIUNE GOD (GODHEAD) dwelt in the Son and has spoken to us by Him.

Try to stick to what is actually written in God's word. The word you see is GOD, not the Father, and every single time you add your own faulty understanding to what is written you become a minister of satan.

Just believe the scriptures. When you read the Old Testament, read it as the Father speaking.

Are you ready now to be shown something about how Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh?

glorydaz

But it is the FATHER speaking, just as the scripture says.

It doesn't say that, DOES IT? Why do you lie about things like this? Don't you think we have access to the Bible?

Gen. 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.​

Just believe the scriptures. When you read the Old Testament, read it as the Father speaking.

:rotfl:

Are you ready now to be shown something about how Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh?

That's okay. I know already. Just read it as if it was so. :rotfl:

You just can't make this stuff up, folks. :wave2:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope. I think more highly of God and His Word. Don't lose truth for your arrogance. Truth is WAY more important.

It is not arrogance to tell the truth about you.

I realize it must be hard for you to examine yourself with Christ at this late stage after years of entrenchment in your religion.

Compare your posts with the way Christ would have answered to see how far away from the truth in your inward parts that you are.

LA