The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Not according to Jesus, according to Jesus, he is not the father.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

That scripture proves what I have been saying.

That scripture proves that the Father and the Son are the exact same Spirit.

I will prove it to you easily.

Tell me, do you have the Spirit of the Father inside you? Do you have Jesus Christ himself inside you?

Yes?

So how many Spirits were you given when you were saved? One?

That proves the ONE AND ONLY DIVINE SPIRIT is the same one and only Spirit of God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son.

marhig

We are joined with God---that does not make us God.

No matter that we are joined with God, we we not eve be God.

Only God can join us together with Him.
I never said we are God, but when the bible says that Jesus is one with the father, it doesn't mean he is the father seeing as we can be one with them too.

God's Truth

I never said we are God, but when the bible says that Jesus is one with the father, it doesn't mean he is the father seeing as we can be one with them too.

So then, you too thought you were comparing Jesus to us.

Don't compare Jesus to us.

Our blood does not wash away the sins of the world.

Our spirits do not live in thousands upon thousands of the saved.

Only Jesus' Spirit can do those things, and it is because he is God.

marhig

That scripture proves what I have been saying.

That scripture proves that the Father and the Son are the exact same Spirit.

I will prove it to you easily.

Tell me, do you have the Spirit of the Father inside you? Do you have Jesus Christ himself inside you?

Yes?

So how many Spirits were you given when you were saved? One?

That proves the ONE AND ONLY DIVINE SPIRIT is the same one and only Spirit of God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son.
Gt I have said before Christ is made manifest in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

So, if you believe that Jesus is the Holy Spirit, how was he in Simeon at the same time as he was in Jesus? And how did Jesus grow stronger in the Spirit if he is the Spirit?

By the way we and our means 2 or more

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Valentinus (also spelled Valentinius; c. 100 – c. 160 AD) was the best known and for a time most successful early Christian gnostic theologian. He founded his school in Rome. According to Tertullian, Valentinus was a candidate for bishop of Rome but started his own group when another was chosen.

n the fourth century, Marcellus of Ancyra declared that the idea of the Godhead existing as three hypostases (hidden spiritual realities) came from Plato through the teachings of Valentinus,[10] who is quoted as teaching that God is three hypostases and three prosopa (persons) called the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit:

Now with the heresy of the Ariomaniacs, which has corrupted the Church of God... These then teach three hypostases, just as Valentinus the heresiarch first invented in the book entitled by him 'On the Three Natures'. For he was the first to invent three hypostases and three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and he is discovered to have filched this from Hermes and Plato.[11]

God's Truth

Can I ask you something GT. If only Christ Jesus is the Holy Spirit, how was he in Simeon at the same time as he was in Jesus when Jesus was in flesh when he was a baby? And why would it say in the bible that Jesus grew in strength in Spirit as a child if he is the Spirit?

Luke 2

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him

And later in the chapter

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law

There are three. God shows Himself to us in three. God shows Himself as the Father, Son, and as the Holy Spirit that goes forth without limit. God shows Himself to us in three, but the three are still the one and same Spirit.

marhig

So then, you too thought you were comparing Jesus to us.

Don't compare Jesus to us.

Our blood does not wash away the sins of the world.

Our spirits do not live in thousands upon thousands of the saved.

Only Jesus' Spirit can do those things, and it is because he is God.
Nope, I'm not comparing Jesus to us, I'm saying that once we are born of God we are one in Spirit with God and Christ. And that Jesus being one with the father in Spirit does not make him the father.

And Jesus said the father will send the comforter (which is the Holy Spirit) in his name, so Jesus isn't the father.

God's Truth

Nope, I'm not comparing Jesus to us, I'm saying that once we are born of God we are one in Spirit with God and Christ. And that Jesus being one with the father in Spirit does not make him the father.

And Jesus said the father will send the comforter (which is the Holy Spirit) in his name, so Jesus isn't the father.

Jesus is that one and only Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Valentinus (also spelled Valentinius; c. 100 – c. 160 AD) was the best known and for a time most successful early Christian gnostic theologian. He founded his school in Rome. According to Tertullian, Valentinus was a candidate for bishop of Rome but started his own group when another was chosen.

n the fourth century, Marcellus of Ancyra declared that the idea of the Godhead existing as three hypostases (hidden spiritual realities) came from Plato through the teachings of Valentinus,[10] who is quoted as teaching that God is three hypostases and three prosopa (persons) called the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit:

Now with the heresy of the Ariomaniacs, which has corrupted the Church of God... These then teach three hypostases, just as Valentinus the heresiarch first invented in the book entitled by him 'On the Three Natures'. For he was the first to invent three hypostases and three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and he is discovered to have filched this from Hermes and Plato.[11]

You need to learn how to debate your beliefs here. I can prove my beliefs with scripture. I have no idea who you are talking about. I am not going to study up on that man's teachings and defend it.

I don't merely tell trinitarians that there belief is from apostate Catholics. I don't tell people who say Jesus is not God that they are really just JW's. What kind of debating is that?

Last edited:

marhig

Jesus HIMSELF lives in the saved. Jesus doesn't pretend to live in the saved by another Spirit. Jesus HIMSELF lives in us.
So how was Jesus himself also in Simeon when Jesus was in the flesh as a baby? And how did he grow stonger in Spirit if he is the Spirit?

God's Truth

So how was Jesus himself also in Simeon when Jesus was in the flesh as a baby?

God can send His Spirit without limit. Do you think that God's Spirit was only in Simeon?

All humans have their own Spirit within them. Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

And how did he grow stonger in Spirit if he is the Spirit?

Because He came as a Man and He had to live and grow as a Man.

popsthebuilder

Then you shouldn't have tried to correct me until you heard it from them; and, even then, it would be debatable if they claim I got their beliefs wrong. I have debated many people who claim I got it wrong. Their mere claims does not make truth.
I didn't mean to sound as if I was attempting to correct you gt.

marhig

God can send His Spirit without limit. Do you think that God's Spirit was only in Simeon?

All humans have their own Spirit within them. Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Because He came as a Man and He had to live and grow as a Man.
Your saying that Jesus' Spirit is the only one who is the Holy Spirit, so how was he in others whilst in the flesh, come as a Man if he is the Spirit?

And why would he grow stronger in Spirit as a child if he is the Spirit?

Rosenritter

So you're saying that the word persons is always talking about people?

That isn't the case in language, is it? The first person in a sentence can be referring to a dog (if the dog is talking or thinking in the sentence). The second person in a sentence can be a dog, if you're talking to a dog. The third person can be a dog if you're talking about a dog.

It's your refusal to accept the fact that man is created in the image of God, but not God.

Divine nature is not human nature, but God still has personality, for instance. Having a personality does not make someone a human person. My dog has personality, but is not a human person and my dogs are not people, but they each have their own individual names etc.

Your criticism is off target.

I agree that the word persons does not necessarily mean people. You needn't argue with me there. The fact remains that some Trinitarians on this board have said that "three persons" means three different people, with three different personalities. Bright Raven for example, the owner of this thread, and as such criticizing someone else and saying "Trinitarians never say..." when the Trinitarian thread owner has said... isn't right.

It's your refusal to accept the fact that man is created in the image of God, but not God.

That above doesn't even make any sense. What are you talking about, and where are you getting that from?