The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

To make that case you would have to disregard verse 13.

I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

As well as this......

John 5:39

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

No, you wouldn't. What you are employing is forcing your interpretation upon the text rather than letting it speak for itself.

popsthebuilder

Gt I have said before Christ is made manifest in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

So, if you believe that Jesus is the Holy Spirit, how was he in Simeon at the same time as he was in Jesus? And how did Jesus grow stronger in the Spirit if he is the Spirit?

By the way we and our means 2 or more
Just because Christ is now synonymous with the Holy Spirit/ spirit of GOD doesn't mean the Spirit of GOD/ Holy Spirit/ Christ wasn't around until the physical conception of the man Jesus. Nor does it by necessity mean that the Holy Spirit was limited to Jesus.

peace

glorydaz

Your criticism is off target.

I agree that the word persons does not necessarily mean people. You needn't argue with me there. The fact remains that some Trinitarians on this board have said that "three persons" means three different people, with three different personalities. Bright Raven for example, the owner of this thread, and as such criticizing someone else and saying "Trinitarians never say..." when the Trinitarian thread owner has said... isn't right.

That above doesn't even make any sense. What are you talking about, and where are you getting that from?

I'm not about to squabble with Bright Raven about how he chooses to explain the Trinity. He understands it, and, sadly, when those of us attempt to explain it, we are criticised for not explaining it to suit the fancy of those who don't understand it. Man's best attempts at describing the nature of our Great God is bound to fall short. We do our best....accept or reject it as you must.

I was referring to your claim that angels are made in the image of God....unsupported by scripture though it be.

God's Truth

I'm not about to squabble with Bright Raven about how he chooses to explain the Trinity. He understands it, and, sadly, when those of us attempt to explain it, we are criticised for not explaining it to suit the fancy of those who don't understand it. Man's best attempts at describing the nature of our Great God is bound to fall short. We do our best....accept or reject it as you must.

I was referring to your claim that angels are made in the image of God....unsupported by scripture though it be.

The major difference is that I wouldn't dream of telling someone that they are not saved for not being a trinitarian. I am careful how I judge others, because with the way I judge others, I will be judged.

That does not mean I do not judge others. It means I am too careful to judge on that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Surely LA understands that the spirit of the man Jesus was from heaven.

Just as surely as you understand that from heaven is too from GOD.

LA understand that the human spirit of Jesus was from Adam through Mary, but that He was made to conform to Gods word through His conception and upbringing by His Father who is God.

It must be so because Jesus died, and God can not die.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have debated LA for many years and LA says Jesus did NOT come from heaven and did not come as God, but became God at the ascension.

You are misunderstanding some things that people are saying.

Jesus was not a man in Heaven before He was born as you claim.

Jesus' Father who is the only true God, raised Jesus from the dead and declared Him to be God over the new creation.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If they say that the Spirit of Jesus; the Christ of GOD, didn't come from heaven then that is unfortunate. I would prefer to hear them say such though..... Really.....

One can not rely on any accuracy of GTs rendering of what other people say.

The Spirit which came from Heaven to anoint Jesus at His baptism was the Spirit of the Father Himself, but obviously Jesus was alive with His own human spirit before the Father anointed Him with Himself.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

LA

glorydaz

Just because Christ is now synonymous with the Holy Spirit....

Why might it appear that way? Because you cannot see Him with your eyes?

Or because He teaches us and reminds us of what Jesus said? Because He testifies of Jesus?

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

Jesus has sent Him and what does He do?

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;​

He shall not "speak of Himself". Is that proof the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ are "synonymous" or proof of the ONE GOD in three persons? I guess it depends on what you mean by synonymous.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.