• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why does Godhead mean trinity?

Godhead does not mean Trinity. However, "Triune" is how the Godhead is described in the Bible, not verbatim, of course, but in what is taught.

I don't believe exactly the same as keypurr, but he's right, Jesus is the flesh that the Spirit of Christ is in,

Have you not been paying attention at all to what is being said?

Jesus IS the Christ. That's what scripture says, and anything and anyone that goes against that is wrong.

where I see differently to keypur is that Christ was always the Spirit in Jesus and the Holy Spirit of God was upon him and he grew in Strength from a child.

Jesus was not called Christ (Greek word for Messiah) until he was anointed (because Messiah means anointed). "Christ" is a title, not a name. "Jesus" is a name.

Go back and read the post where I explained each passage from the four Gospel books about what happened when John baptised Jesus.

People can be so judgemental in here, listen to yourselves,

Look at you, you hypocrite, judging us for judging. First cast the beam out of your own eye, so that you can see clearly to remove the mote from your brother's eye.

none of you know the heart of keypurr to judge him as you all do!

So if what he says doesn't line up with scripture, we can't judge him as a false teacher?

and none of you are perfect either!

As far as I'm aware, none of us have made that claim. Red herring much?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And Jesus calls God his God and the apostles call God the God of Christ Jesus. So why shouldn't we believe them?
This has already been explained, if not here, then elsewhere.

Jesus (God the Son) submits to the Father (God the Father). Within the Godhead, the Son's "God" is God the Father. When the Son submits to the Father, BOTH are glorified.

It is the perfect example of a relationship between father and son.

You're trying to inject a contradiction where there is none.

marhig

Godhead does not mean Trinity. However, "Triune" is how the Godhead is described in the Bible, not verbatim, of course, but in what is taught.

Have you not been paying attention at all to what is being said?

Jesus IS the Christ. That's what scripture says, and anything and anyone that goes against that is wrong.

Jesus was not called Christ (Greek word for Messiah) until he was anointed (because Messiah means anointed). "Christ" is a title, not a name. "Jesus" is a name.

Go back and read the post where I explained each passage from the four Gospel books about what happened when John baptised Jesus.

Look at you, you hypocrite, judging us for judging. First cast the beam out of your own eye, so that you can see clearly to remove the mote from your brother's eye.

So if what he says doesn't line up with scripture, we can't judge him as a false teacher?

As far as I'm aware, none of us have made that claim. Red herring much?
No nothing in the bible says that Godhead means trinity, can you show me where please.

And no, the Spirit of Christ was in the body of Jesus. Jesus' body was flesh and blood like ours, he was a man. Jesus was anointed, but he was always the Christ, Simeon said that he saw the Christ when Jesus was a baby, and Jesus waxed strong in spirit as a child as he was born of God in the womb.

And I'm not a hypocrite. I don't resort to name calling, if I have then please show me where?

And you also say things that don't line up with scripture, there is no trinity and no God the son in the bible. And Jesus clearly says that God is his God, and that he is the Christ the Son of God, and according to the scriptures that's what we are supposed to believe and know. And this is the truth.

marhig

Jesus (God the Son) submits to the Father (God the Father). Within the Godhead, the Son's "God" is God the Father. When the Son submits to the Father, BOTH are glorified.

So, that means the father is the only Almighty God then? Seeing as he is the God of Christ too? And seeing as the Son is subject to him?

marhig

The LORD Jesus Christ has TWO natures. Until you understand that you will always be confused.
2 nature's? What 2 nature's? He didn't sin like we do, so he didn't have a sinful nature as he completely denied satan, the flesh, and the world. And what's that got to do with Jesus calling God his God and the apostles also calling God the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 nature's? What 2 nature's? He didn't sin like we do, so he didn't have a sinful nature as he completely denied satan, the flesh, and the world. And what's that got to do with Jesus calling God his God and the apostles also calling the God the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Nature one, He is human. Nature two, he is God.

Right Divider

Body part
2 nature's? What 2 nature's? He didn't sin like we do, so he didn't have a sinful nature as he completely denied satan, the flesh, and the world. And what's that got to do with Jesus calling God his God and the apostles also calling the God the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ?
Jesus was a PERFECT man and GOD!

Jesus did NOT have a "sinful nature". Adam was not created with a "sinful nature". Adams nature changed when he sinned.

As a man, Jesus was an Israelite and they have a God (as do all men).

Do you really think that God will give ALL JUDGEMENT to any man?

John 5:22-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:22) For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: (5:23) That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

This is just another CLEAR statement of the DEITY of Jesus. Or do you somehow think that a man can receive the SAME HONOR due to GOD?

marhig

Nature one, He is human. Nature two, he is God.
No he's the Christ the Son of God . He isn't God. And yes, he had a human nature but he didn't sin like we do, he denied that human nature to obey God and do God's will. And the father gave him power over all flesh, so we saw the exact nature of God through Jesus, the express image of God because he was in the fullness of God bodily, because he didn't live by his will but lived completely by the will of the Father and because of this, he had the full power of the Holy Spirit.

marhig

Jesus was a PERFECT man and GOD!

Jesus did NOT have a "sinful nature". Adam was not created with a "sinful nature". Adams nature changed when he sinned.

As a man, Jesus was an Israelite and they have a God (as do all men).

Do you really think that God will give ALL JUDGEMENT to any man?

John 5:22-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:22) For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: (5:23) That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

This is just another CLEAR statement of the DEITY of Jesus. Or do you somehow think that a man can receive the SAME HONOR due to GOD?
Jesus is not God, God gives us the Spirit and the word of God judges, Jesus had full power of the Holy Spirit because he never sinned and he spoke only what the father gave him to speak and he judged by the word that he spoke, he did not Judge through the flesh, he was not of this world, and neither are they whom are truly born of God this world should mean nothing to them. and they are here to do the will of God and as they walk in the Spirit they worship the father in Spirit and in truth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is not God, God gives us the Spirit and the word of God judges, Jesus had full power of the Holy Spirit because he never sinned and he spoke only what the father gave him to speak and he judged by the word that he spoke, he did not Judge through the flesh, he was not of this world, and neither are they whom are truly born of God this world should mean nothing to them. and they are here to do the will of God and as they walk in the Spirit they worship the father in Spirit and in truth.

Jesus is God. It is very clear through scripture.

John 1:1, 14

Why is it that people deny that which is made perfectly clear.

marhig

Jesus is God. It is very clear through scripture.

John 1:1, 14
It's very clear through scripture that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God, and that the father is the only true God and according to Jesus life eternal is to know that the father is the only true God. And it also says in the scriptures that God is also the God and father of Christ Jesus whom he sent, anointed and exalted.

Anyway I have to go out now, speak again soon God willing.

Right Divider

Body part
You just cannot be more wrong. Jesus did NOT "have full power of the Holy Spirit because he never sinned". He did not sin because He is God manifest in the flesh.

1Tim 3:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Stay in your unbelief if you like. It won't end well for you.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So, that means the father is the only Almighty God then? Seeing as he is the God of Christ too? And seeing as the Son is subject to him?

No, because that's not what I said.
Read my post again:

I said that God the Son submits to God the Father, and both are glorified.

Both together, along with the Person the Holy Spirit, are God. All three make up the Triune God. The Son is equal to the Father and the Holy Spirit. The Father is equal to the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is equal to the Father and the Son.

No nothing in the bible says that Godhead means trinity, can you show me where please.

- In Matthew 28:19, Jesus says go and baptise in the name (singular), but then gives 3 persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. One name, three Persons.
What is the name of God? Moses records in Exodus 3 God telling him to tell the Israelites that the God of their fathers had sent him, and that if they asked what His name was, God told Moses to tell them that "I AM" had sent him. "I AM WHO I AM." Another name we know Him by is YHWH. YHWH, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible presents God as being the only true God, but from the beginning of the Bible, it presents Him as a plurality.
- "In the beginning Elohim (plural noun) created (singular verb)"
- "Let us make man in our image and our likeness." This is not just an example of the "royal we," but the origin, describing God as a plurality.
- In Hebrew, there are different words for "one", the one used in Genesis 2:24 ('echad'), "the two shall become one flesh", means one of plurality, and is the same word used in Deuteronomy 6:4, "The LORD our God, the LORD is one ('echad')." The LORD is one (of plurality).
- "Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire . . . from the LORD out of the heavens." (Genesis 19:24)
That's just a few examples from the Old Testament...

But how about the New Testament?
- "Thus saith the LORD" in the Old Testament is replaced with "I say unto you" said by Jesus in the New Testament.
And so many other things that Jesus said that no man nor angel could say and remain righteous. (see kgov.com/deity for a full list)
- The fact that the Father is God is undisputed by even the cults that deny Christ's deity... But what about the Holy Spirit?
- But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” - Acts 5:3-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:3-4&version=NKJV
- Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. - Acts 13:1-3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts13:1-3&version=NKJV
- this passage shows that when one lies to the Holy Spirit, he lies to God.
- you cannot sin against a force, you can sin against a person
- a neuter doesn't speak, but a person does speak
- objects don't get sinned against
- The Holy Spirit is an individual person, the third Person of the Trinity.
- The Holy Spirit cares if we sin against Him
- And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. - Ephesians 4:30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians4:30&version=NKJV
- “ You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. - Acts 7:51 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts7:51&version=NKJV
- Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? - Hebrews 10:29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews10:29&version=NKJV
- But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, - Hebrews 10:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews10:15&version=NKJV
- To be a person requires a will (no, having a will does not mean that an entity is a person)
- The Holy Spirit has a will:
- But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills. - 1 Corinthians 12:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians12:11&version=NKJV

Do I need to go on?

And no, the Spirit of Christ was in the body of Jesus.

Marhig, "Christ" (or rather, "Christos") is Greek for the Hebrew word for "Messiah". "Messiah" means 'anointed one.' Jesus was not anointed until He was 30 years of age. Again, "Christ" is a title, not a name. You wouldn't call someone anointed one if he wasn't anointed, would you?

Jesus' body was flesh and blood like ours, he was a man.

Correct. But he was ALSO God.

Jesus was anointed, but he was always the Christ,

So Jesus was always 'anointed one'? Or did He take on that title when he was anointed at His baptism by John, by the Holy Spirit?

Simeon said that he saw the Christ when Jesus was a baby,

Here is what Simeon said:

“Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, According to Your word;For my eyes have seen Your salvationWhich You have prepared before the face of all peoples,A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles, And the glory of Your people Israel.” - Luke 2:29-32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke2:29-32&version=NKJV

I don't see "Christ" in there. It's mentioned a few verses earlier, but Simeon did not call Jesus the Christ, but his salvation.

and Jesus waxed strong in spirit as a child as he was born of God in the womb.

Who was Jesus' father, Marhig? God the Father? or Joseph? What does this passage say?

Spoiler
His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover.And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast.When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it;but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances.So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him.Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them. - Luke 2:41-50 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke2:41-50&version=NKJV

And I'm not a hypocrite. I don't resort to name calling, if I have then please show me where?

You are a hypocrite because you judged us for judging Keypurr. A hypocrite is someone who tells people not to do something and then does it himself/herself. Don't be a hypocrite. Judge with righteous judgment.

And you also say things that don't line up with scripture,

Prove it.

there is no trinity and no God the son in the bible.

See above. I never said that the Bible has the word Trinity, nor have I claimed that the phrase "God the Son" is in the Bible. If I remember correctly, I said something along the lines of "it doesn't explicitly state that God is triune, but that the Bible does teach it throughout."

And Jesus clearly says that God is his God,

I literally just explained this to you. See above.

and that he is the Christ the Son of God,

No argument there.

and according to the scriptures that's what we are supposed to believe and know. And this is the truth.

No, Marhig, what you say to believe is not what Scripture says to believe.

God's Truth

2 nature's? What 2 nature's? He didn't sin like we do, so he didn't have a sinful nature as he completely denied satan, the flesh, and the world. And what's that got to do with Jesus calling God his God and the apostles also calling God the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Jesus is on God's throne. That means he is God. You need to treat him as God.

keypurr

I don't believe exactly the same as keypurr, but he's right, Jesus is the flesh that the Spirit of Christ is in, where I see differently to keypur is that Christ was always the Spirit in Jesus and the Holy Spirit of God was upon him and he grew in Strength from a child.

People can be so judgemental in here, listen to yourselves, none of you know the heart of keypurr to judge him as you all do! and none of you are perfect either! And that goes for me too, I'm not perfect either.
Thank you for your kind words.
It's easy to see the fruits that some people display.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

keypurr

Show me the words "God the Son" in the scriptures.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app