The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Abraham wasn't lying....he had faith in God. He wasn't sure how God would do it, but he had faith that he and his son would return. God will provide - Jehovahjireh
Gen. 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ***; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.​

May I cut in?
Just some extra info to have.

It has been suggested by some that there is also another act of faith going on here (besides the LORD providing a sacrifice).
Faith that GOD can bring life to the dead.

Isaac was the child of promise.
GOD had made an oath about the descendants of Abraham through Issac, and Issac alone (not any of Abraham's other children).
If Abraham were to have any faith at all in that promise, then Isaac would HAVE to have children.
How can that happen if Abraham kills him?
There would have to be a resurrection of his dead body for that to happen.

:carryon:

God's Truth

GE, although I'm a bit sympathetic to your position I don't think that's a sufficient proof. From Raven's perspective you have several persons tag-teaming. It could also be read as Jesus speaking in one place, and then saying that the Spirit would also be saying the same thing to them in their hearts.

That is not what it says. The scripture is clear.

Rosenritter

Stop reading things in where it is not.

You are the first one to jump in a try to verbally attack me.

Get off your high horse Great Ego. I don't "verbally attack" you. I speak up when you start verbally attacking other people. Once upon a time I tried to speak up for you when Glory was attacking you, but unfortunately you made a fool out of me there when you engaged in the same or worse behavior towards her and other people. Because of this I can't say anything regardless of how stupid you two are to each other. You reap what you sow.

If Glory is rude towards me, that is my right to ignore or forgive. If you are rude towards me, that is also my right to ignore or forgive. Don't try to pull me into your constant war between you and her. God cares far less about whether we say him as "two" or "three" in this life than if we obeyed his commandment to love one another.

You like to preach that we should obey. Do you obey? I haven't seen it in this regard... not for more than 24 hours in a row at least.

Rosenritter

Is that your example of peaceful dialog with glorydazed?

Glory claims the right to be disrespectful, and as such you two are very similar in this regard, more than the two of you would like to admit. However, please note that I have provided her an opportunity to answer and to provide the answer that she claims she has, without calling her a "worker of Satan."

Read in its literal sense, I was being very respectful of Glory. If you choose to believe that I was not entirely sincere in that form of address, you are allowed to make that interpretation.

God's Truth

Or read in a charitable sense, she acknowledges that she does not claim perfect understanding, which would be appropriate humility, in addition to being in line with official Trinity teaching that says that God is not completely knowable.

I am not interested in pitting the two of you against each other. I would be far happier if you and Glory would be able to talk peaceably with each other and others that they disagree with. If that were to ever happen I would count this thread topic as a sounding success regardless of whether anyone was convinced differently on Trinity doctrine than when they entered.

...and you think I have a big ego.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Rosenritter

By golly, she got one right. :thumb:

Pops and I do manage to talk to each other even when we have disagreement. Since Pops specifically requested the "hammer" approach I don't think that he has taken any offense. I level no accusations against his character, I assume he has good motivations, I try to outline why the action itself would be inconsistent with what I think he already accepts as true.

.... or did you forget what the comment that you were emote-approving to was referring to?

glorydaz

Get off your high horse Great Ego. I don't "verbally attack" you. I speak up when you start verbally attacking other people. Once upon a time I tried to speak up for you when Glory was attacking you, but unfortunately you made a fool out of me there when you engaged in the same or worse behavior towards her and other people. Because of this I can't say anything regardless of how stupid you two are to each other. You reap what you sow.

I won't say anything about how stupid you two are to each other. :rotfl:

God's Truth

Glory claims the right to be disrespectful, and as such you two are very similar in this regard, more than the two of you would like to admit. However, please note that I have provided her an opportunity to answer and to provide the answer that she claims she has, without calling her a "worker of Satan."

Read in its literal sense, I was being very respectful of Glory. If you choose to believe that I was not entirely sincere in that form of address, you are allowed to make that interpretation.

Man be quiet. You're such an egotistical hypocrite.

glorydaz

Pops and I do manage to talk to each other even when we have disagreement. Since Pops specifically requested the "hammer" approach I don't think that he has taken any offense. I level no accusations against his character, I assume he has good motivations, I try to outline why the action itself would be inconsistent with what I think he already accepts as true.

.... or did you forget what the comment that you were emote-approving to was referring to?

Just because you hide your snide, doesn't mean we can't see it.

I approve of emoticons....they are in your face real. :mock: rossenritter

glorydaz

Oh then please help us oh Wise Glorydaz the Disrespectful One. Who are these "sons of God" that "shouted for joy" when the foundations of the earth were laid, if they be not the angels?

Read in its literal sense, I was being very respectful of Glory.

Very respectful. :rotfl:

If you choose to believe that I was not entirely sincere in that form of address, you are allowed to make that interpretation.

Can I count on your silence then? You may, however, answer the question that I asked you. That would be appropriate.

GOLLY. :banana:

We are "allowed" to make interpretations.

We "may" answer the questions.

We have permission to speak! :banana:

Rosenritter

GE, I have tried to approach you on different occasions. I still have remnants of private messages from a year ago as a reminder. You don't just fight with me, you fight with Pops, with Marhig, with Jamie, with anyone and everyone. You call them false workers of Satan, you declare they are preaching "false doctrines" over minor differences of interpretation. I desire peace with all, but I cannot approve of those actions.

You only attempted to appear friendly a moment ago when you thought I would help you team up against Glory. This is not a gang war, that's not what I will do. If I disagree with Glory, it is for a specific reason and because of a specific point or action. I don't argue with her for the sake or arguing or because she is she. That's why I ask her the question and will let her answer.