The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

I think she has donned her royal robe and her tiara. Or "his" as the case may be.

It's that Queenly attitude that has always confused me on her/his gender. :think:

Quite a lot of spam to avoid answering the question.

1. You've stated (or at least strongly implied) on your own authority that angels were just as likely to be present at the Creation as Martians.
2. You've been given the scripture where God states that the sons of God shouted for joy when the foundations of the earth were laid.
3. You responded rudely with nothing more substantial than mocking emoticons.

Job 38:1-7 KJV
(1) Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
(2) Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
(3) Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
(4) Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
(5) Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
(6) Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
(7) When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

So, you are provided with an opportunity to explain yourself. Please, explain where you were when God laid the foundations of the earth so that you have superior knowledge in this matter. God says that the sons of God shouted for joy. Who are these sons of God Glory? Martians?

Last edited:

God's Truth

GE, I have tried to approach you on different occasions. I still have remnants of private messages from a year ago as a reminder. You don't just fight with me, you fight with Pops, with Marhig, with Jamie, with anyone and everyone. You call them false workers of Satan, you declare they are preaching "false doctrines" over minor differences of interpretation. I desire peace with all, but I cannot approve of those actions.

You only attempted to appear friendly a moment ago when you thought I would help you team up against Glory. This is not a gang war, that's not what I will do. If I disagree with Glory, it is for a specific reason and because of a specific point or action. I don't argue with her for the sake or arguing or because she is she. That's why I ask her the question and will let her answer.

I go by what is right. Nothing you are doing for my own good is right. You are an egotistical person, and glorydazed knows how to make that obvious and true about you and with humor.

glorydaz

GE, I have tried to approach you on different occasions. I still have remnants of private messages from a year ago as a reminder. You don't just fight with me, you fight with Pops, with Marhig, with Jamie, with anyone and everyone. You call them false workers of Satan, you declare they are preaching "false doctrines" over minor differences of interpretation. I desire peace with all, but I cannot approve of those actions.

You only attempted to appear friendly a moment ago when you thought I would help you team up against Glory. This is not a gang war, that's not what I will do. If I disagree with Glory, it is for a specific reason and because of a specific point or action. I don't argue with her for the sake or arguing or because she is she. That's why I ask her the question and will let her answer.

Seriously?

Well, I cannot approve of your presumption and high minded speech. :mmph:

In fact, I will not tolerate your condescending attitude. :loser:

You have now entered into the ZONE of Fiery Darts. :salute:

Lift up your Royal Gown and Run if you dare. :peach:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please explain why her interpretation is improper then?

Go back through the posts. Don't you realize yet that for a trinitarian the Father, Son and Spirit are separate personalities. She does not believe in that manner. It has been explained many times throughout the thread.

Rosenritter

Go back through the posts. Don't you realize yet that for a trinitarian the Father, Son and Spirit are separate personalities. She does not believe in that manner. It has been explained many times throughout the thread.

So pretty much the same reason that I said it wouldn't be persuasive to you then? Post 13900?

RealityJerk

There's zero evidence for a divine trinity, in the sense proposed by so called "orthodox", mainstream Christianity. The God of Israel, is the heavenly father, and all other Elohim, unlike the heavenly father are contingent realities. The Son of YHWH, is a contingent reality, where the heavenly Father is the non-contingent, absolute source of everything and everyone. He depends on nothing and no one, to exist. He exists, in His own right and is the source of His own existence and essence. The Son is divine, but not in the same sense as The Father. Just like the light of the sun, is not sun, in the same sense as the solar mass that produces it.

The light of the sun, is a contingent reality, produced by the solar mass. The solar mass, is the "true sun" , or "sun proper". The light is, the "light of" the sun, and yet it is also identified as sun. It is sun, in a way, but not sun in the same, complete sense, as the actual sun in space, 52,000,000 miles away. The sun can not be perceived, without that which it generates. We only perceive and come in contact with the sun, through what it generates, within itself.

The great angel/messenger, is an eternal manifestation and generation of the heavenly Father. He is the means through which The Father, becomes intelligible, revealed, to His creation. He is the angel/messenger that carries The Name of YHWH / The Authority and Presence of YHWH.

The Son, or Archangel/messenger, sits upon the throne in heaven,at the right hand of the Eternal Infinite, True God / Heavenly Father. Satan,deluded himself, thinking he could replace the archangel, taking His place upon the throne. He made the mistake of thinking the Son of God, was just another angel like himself. It's like a human being, seeing Yeshua/Jesus, sitting on His throne, and thinking "Hey, He's just a human like me. I'm better looking than He is. I'm taller than him. I'm more intelligent...I should be the one sitting on the throne, not this guy...". Same error. Satan thought "He's an angel like me, a member of my race. I can take His place..". That led to war, and a third of the angels were cast into the abyss.

Yeshua is YHWH, but not exactly how mainstream Christianity claims.

popsthebuilder

How do you figure that Abraham lied to his son? God did provide the lamb.

Genesis 22:8-13 KJV
(8) And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
(9) And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
(10) And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
(11) And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
(12) And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
(13) And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
Initially there was no lamb for the sacrifice but his son. He knew this and told his son otherwise. That is a lie regardless of if GOD made it truth afterwards or not.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's zero evidence for a divine trinity, in the sense proposed by so called "orthodox", mainstream Christianity. The God of Israel, is the heavenly father, and all other Elohim, unlike the heavenly father are contingent realities. The Son of YHWH, is a contingent reality, where the heavenly Father is the non-contingent, absolute source of everything and everyone. He depends on nothing and no one, to exist. He exists, in His own right and is the source of His own existence and essence. The Son is divine, but not in the same sense as The Father. Just like the light of the sun, is not sun, in the same sense as the solar mass that produces it.

The light of the sun, is a contingent reality, produced by the solar mass. The solar mass, is the "true sun" , or "sun proper". The light is, the "light of" the sun, and yet it is also identified as sun. It is sun, in a way, but not sun in the same, complete sense, as the actual sun in space, 52,000,000 miles away. The sun can not be perceived, without that which it generates. We only perceive and come in contact with the sun, through what it generates, within itself.

The great angel/messenger, is an eternal manifestation and generation of the heavenly Father. He is the means through which The Father, becomes intelligible, revealed, to His creation. He is the angel/messenger that carries The Name of YHWH / The Authority and Presence of YHWH.

The Son, or Archangel/messenger, sits upon the throne in heaven,at the right hand of the Eternal Infinite, True God / Heavenly Father. Satan,deluded himself, thinking he could replace the archangel, taking His place upon the throne. He made the mistake of thinking the Son of God, was just another angel like himself. It's like a human being, seeing Yeshua/Jesus, sitting on His throne, and thinking "Hey, He's just a human like me. I'm better looking than He is. I'm taller than him. I'm more intelligent...I should be the one sitting on the throne, not this guy...". Same error. Satan thought "He's an angel like me, a member of my race. I can take His place..". That led to war, and three thirds of the angels were cast into the abyss.

Yeshua is YHWH, but not exactly how mainstream Christianity claims.

Better read the book and gain a thorough understanding before saying that there is no evidence for the Trinity.

RealityJerk

Better read the book and gain a thorough understanding before saying that there is no evidence for the Trinity.

I have and that's my conclusion. Just because someone doesn't agree with you theologically, doesn't imply that they haven't read or studied the bible as thoroughly as you. Don't be so naive.

popsthebuilder

I'll point out that your logic for supporting "she" is lacking here. I would hope that I would also be described as long-suffering and merciful, but it would still be disrespectful to describe me as "she" after I have established myself as male.

Regardless, even if for no other reason, it should be sufficient that the body of Christian saints recognizes calling God "she" to be offensive and/or blasphemous. Even if for some reason you alone were right in this regard, you would need no other reason. See 1 Corinthians 8, especially the latter half of the chapter for application.

As a rule, the people that refer to God as "she" are not friends of the living God of the Bible. It refers to a different god, one that opposes our God and sees him as an enemy. You don't belong in that crowd, so don't fly their colors.

1 Thessalonians 5:22 KJV
(22) Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Only a fool would regard an indistinct noun to be a GOD other than GOD being proclaimed. Especially after one makes it painfully clear that that is indeed both the only GOD and the One being referenced.

I have no interest in communing with such as that.

What does Jesus say about those who come in the name of Christ yet do not worship the same as you?

Who isn't against us is on our part, and who isn't for us is against us.

I do agree that for ease of communication one should stick to familiar references, but that is all.

All here are proclaimed Christians, so don't pretend that I come speaking of another god, or that I am against the assembly. And please don't say or insinuate that I am against the saints in heaven.

glorydaz

Quite a lot of spam to avoid answering the question.

This is why you irk me. You assume that whatever pops into your brain must be the truth.

It's your attitude. It sucks. I won't pretend to be nice to people who are so impressed with themselves they think they can order other people around like they were grunts in the army.

I quoted the well known verse about making man in OUR image, and you immediately went off on a tangent about angels being present. Then you insinuated that I didn't know about the verses in Job, and when I laughed at your arrogance, you decide you can assume I'm avoiding answering. You're a ninny. Stop it. If you can't do that, I'll simply go about talking about you rather than to you. I'm sure anyone can tell you I'm not above doing so. Not only that, but it's better than trying to dialogue with a ninny.

1. You've stated (or at least strongly implied) on your own authority that angels were just as likely to be present at the Creation as Martians.

No, I was making fun of your presumptions. The same kind of presumptions I've seen you make in the past about Luke 16 and Samuel. You seem to be bent in that direction, instead of sticking to what scripture states plainly.

2. You've been given the scripture where God states that the sons of God shouted for joy when the foundations of the earth were laid.
3. You responded rudely with nothing more substantial than mocking emoticons.

Would you rather I just called you stupid?

So, you are provided with an opportunity to explain yourself.

:doh:

TOL provides me with the opportunity to post here. I can do so without your giving me one.

Please, explain where you were when God laid the foundations of the earth so that you have superior knowledge in this matter. God says that the sons of God shouted for joy. Who are these sons of God Glory? Martians?

No, they were angels, but the angels were busy singing and shouting....remember?

* Man is not made in the image of angels.

RealityJerk

And how long have you studied the book?

Irrelevant. You Christians always focus your critique, on the individual rather than on the argument or issue that is being discussed. I've been studying the bible since 1984, just about, 33 years. Is that enough time, to study the bible and have an opinion? Now you're going to tell me, you've been studying the bible for 55 years, so your opinion, is somehow correct or always correct, where mine is always wrong? The strength and veracity of a person's position, is based on how long they've been studying the bible?

I've learned a few things from younger believers, about the bible. They haven't been studying the bible for 33 years, but they still were able to convince me, that they were right and I was wrong. Perhaps, just maybe, you're wrong. Is that possible? I'm always opened to the possibility that I am wrong. I'm not infallible. Are you infallible?

glorydaz

Irrelevant. You Christians always focus your critique, on the individual rather than on the argument or issue that is being discussed. I've been studying the bible since 1984, just about, 33 years. Is that enough time, to study the bible and have an opinion? Now you're going to tell me, you've been studying the bible for 55 years, so your opinion, is somehow correct or always correct, where mine is always wrong? The strength and veracity of a person's position, is based on how long they've been studying the bible?

I've learned a few things from younger believers, about the bible. They haven't been studying the bible for 33 years, but they still were able to convince me, that they were right and I was wrong. Perhaps, just maybe, you're wrong. Is that possible? I'm always opened to the possibility that I am wrong. I'm not infallible. Are you infallible?

I totally agree about young believers. They can see truths as well as anyone.

So, let's look at your "sun" analogy. It's not bad if you don't discount Christ as an angel.

The Father is the source, the Son is the expression, and the Spirit is the application.
Now put personhood into that forming a Godhead.

Rosenritter

Initially there was no lamb for the sacrifice but his son. He knew this and told his son otherwise. That is a lie regardless of if GOD made it truth afterwards or not.

... or Abraham could have been prophesying by the Holy Spirit.

Please pardon if I misunderstood you or got your position confused with someone else, but you do allow that God's spirit can work with us, maybe steer us towards certain actions, or perhaps give us the right words to say in a certain situation?

Matthew 10:19-20 KJV
(19) But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
(20) For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

When God did speak to Abraham, he had words of praise, not condemnation. To contrast, consider the example of Moses, who struck the rock when he was told to speak gently to it instead. God did intervene and made the rock give forth water, but it was also accompanied with the punishment of death. Even righteous Job had to endure some harsh words from God when he made his appearance. Not so with Abraham.

If God didn't condemn Abraham in this instance, then perhaps neither should we. I wouldn't say he lied when there are other options available.

Rosenritter

Only a fool would regard an indistinct noun to be a GOD other than GOD being proclaimed. Especially after one makes it painfully clear that that is indeed both the only GOD and the One being referenced.

I have no interest in communing with such as that.

What does Jesus say about those who come in the name of Christ yet do not worship the same as you?

Who isn't against us is on our part, and who isn't for us is against us.

I do agree that for ease of communication one should stick to familiar references, but that is all.

All here are proclaimed Christians, so don't pretend that I come speaking of another god, or that I am against the assembly. And please don't say or insinuate that I am against the saints in heaven.

Ease of communication is a good reason. Plus you wouldn't want to be mistaken by others (either within or without the faith) as to of which God you are speaking.

To give a demonstration of one of the earlier points, did you notice how Glorydaz switches gender reference for no reason other than to show disrespect? We all know the target of her speech, but it's a live example that purposely using the wrong gender in reference (other than that which one identifies themselves) is usually interpreted within the realm of insult, rather than honor. I know you don't mean it like that, but that's how it is interpreted.