The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Jeremiah 44:19 The women added, "When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes impressed with her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?"

God says that they did that to another god.

So why didn't God say that He is an 'It' and is actually their Father and Mother, their King and Queen?

Last edited:

God's Truth

I do believe that Jesus reveals things to us in the scriptures that might not be all together clear before that; however, all beliefs should be verified by scripture.

What I mean is that there is no scripture that plainly says, "Jesus is God the Father come as a Son in the flesh".

That has to be revealed from God and PROVEN by the scriptures.

For example; the scriptures say there is only one God and no one besides Him, and that when you see Jesus you see the Father, and there is only one Spirit and the Lord is the Spirit and the Father Himself is the Spirit.

We can see from those scriptures then that Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.

Another example; the scriptures say "God is love".

When I ask those who do NOT believe Jesus is God, I ask them if Jesus is love.

They look for the scriptures and cannot find a scripture that says, "Jesus is love".

So they come back and tell me no, Jesus is not love. Can you believe that?

That is what they do.

But then I give them scripture that proves Jesus is God.

I also give them scripture that says there is no greater love than Jesus.

But they refuse to call Jesus 'God' because they did not have the truth revealed to them.

They also out of their stubbornness refuse to say Jesus is love.

Jesus is God the one and only God who is the Father.

As for God the Father being an 'It' or a "He and a She", or a 'Mother', I do not see that anywhere and it will conflict with what is written and not reveal truth.

popsthebuilder

The scriptures tell us that when you see Jesus, you can say I see the Father.

As for you saying we see Jesus in Spirit and not in the flesh of another...I have no idea what you mean.

God's truth is for little children, and it does not cause confusion.

I think that you are getting confusing.
Confused about what? Don't assume things because I don't divide faith along symbolism for GOD.

is GOD all encompassing?

So then it encompasses all?

So then how is it you find it correct to limit GOD to the male characteristics of creation?

I'm going to drop it because it is irrelevant.

If you wish to pursue it further then, well okay, but don't expect much of a response without the scripture I asked for. And don't speak to me about adding to scripture all while concluding GOD is limited in any way by the characteristics found within ITS' creation.

popsthebuilder

We are told to worship God alone, correct?

So then, if God is also a Mother, why are we told not to worship her?

God does not have to say not to call Him Mother, because God calls Himself 'Father'.
God includes everything, being all encompassing and the creator of all. I assure you if there had been queens and ladies in places of power upon the writing of the books then you would indeed see such references for God.

God's Truth

Confused about what? Don't assume things because I don't divide faith along symbolism for GOD.

is GOD all encompassing?

So then it encompasses all?

So then how is it you find it correct to limit GOD to the male characteristics of creation?

I'm going to drop it because it is irrelevant.

If you wish to pursue it further then, well okay, but don't expect much of a response without the scripture I asked for. And don't speak to me about adding to scripture all while concluding GOD is limited in any way by the characteristics found within ITS' creation.

I don't know how much plainer it has to be for you to understand.

God calls Himself 'Father'.

God does NOT call Himself 'Mother'.

Understand now?

God's Truth

I have showed you numerous time where Jesus is not the Spirit but you just won't accept it.

It is PLAINLY written that Jesus is the Spirit.

I gave you many scriptures but you do not speak of them.

Tell me what these scriptures say:

Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17 all tell us Jesus is the Spirit.

See also 2 Corinthians 3:17, 18, and 1 Corinthians 15:45.

It is PLAINLY written, it is CLEAR, Jesus is the Spirit.

popsthebuilder

I don't know how much plainer it has to be for you to understand.

God calls Himself 'Father'.

God does NOT call Himself 'Mother'.

Understand now?
That doesn't make it sin for me to reference GOD how i please as long as it is understood to whom or what I refer.

Tell me now; do you convict me of sin because I feel free to refer to GOD equally as HE/ SHE/ IT, yet more so IT because spirit is asexual or without sexuality?

God's Truth

That doesn't make it sin for me to reference GOD how i please as long as it is understood to whom or what I refer.
That is the same argument that Catholics give when they bow to statues.

Tell me now; do you convict me of sin because I feel free to refer to GOD equally as HE/ SHE/ IT, yet more so IT because spirit is asexual or without sexuality?

You are actually making it more about sexuality when you say what you do.

As for convicting you of anything, I have not said that to you so why do you put that on me?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17 all tell us Jesus is the Spirit.

It is plainly written that the Spirit was sent by the Father.

John 14:16-17King James Version (KJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

God's Truth

It is plainly written that the Spirit was sent by the Father.

John 14:16-17King James Version (KJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Could you please address the scripture that I gave saying Jesus is the Spirit?

I would like you to explain those scriptures to me instead of merely posting more scripture.

popsthebuilder

That is the same argument that Catholics give when they bow to statues.

You are actually making it more about sexuality when you say what you do.

As for convicting you of anything, I have not said that to you so why do you put that on me?
Because I am doing no wrong yet you have concluded now that I both speak of confusion though it is simple logic that a thing that created and encompasses all indeed would never be limited to the characteristics of only some, and you just did nearly accuse me of idol worship.

If it is not sin and not confusion and not leading astray then what harm is it? If it is not those things then is it not truth? If it is any of those things then do show me outright with the scripture you do know so well. This isn't sarcasm but a sincere plea. If you cannot conclude the truth in this matter then I will have lost something I had held inside towards you. Not that I am of any worth, or my words of any weight, but that a peculiar bond very well may be broken, not by my will, but because this very key, very simple thing should conclude in a very simple manner and though I would wish to simply drop it, I cannot.

peace

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Where in any of the revelation scriptures does it refer to the Spirit as Jesus. Just asking. The Corinthian scriptures are the same. Where is Jesus referred to?

God's Truth

Where in any of the revelation scriptures does it refer to the Spirit as Jesus. Just asking. The Corinthian scriptures are the same. Where is Jesus referred to?
The scriptures in Corinthians plainly say the Lord is the Spirit.
Those scriptures are speaking of Jesus as the Lord.

In Revelation, all those scriptures that say the Spirit says, it is what Jesus says.

To the Church in Ephesus
Revelation 2:2 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands.

That says it it the words of Jesus.

2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

4 Yet I hold this against you:

That is still about what JESUS says.

You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6 But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Did you hear that? The scripture says it is what the SPIRIT SAYS.
The Spirit is Jesus.

God's Truth

Because I am doing no wrong yet you have concluded now that I both speak of confusion though it is simple logic that a thing that created and encompasses all indeed would never be limited to the characteristics of only some, and you just did nearly accuse me of idol worship.

If it is not sin and not confusion and not leading astray then what harm is it? If it is not those things then is it not truth? If it is any of those things then do show me outright with the scripture you do know so well. This isn't sarcasm but a sincere plea. If you cannot conclude the truth in this matter then I will have lost something I had held inside towards you. Not that I am of any worth, or my words of any weight, but that a peculiar bond very well may be broken, not by my will, but because this very key, very simple thing should conclude in a very simple manner and though I would wish to simply drop it, I cannot.

peace

I only want God's Truth.

God says that He is a Father.

That is what I will call Him, 'Father'.

I will not call Him 'Mother', and I will not teach that He is a She.

The only time a Queen of heaven is mentioned it is in regard to worshiping another god.

There are no scriptures that refer to God the Father as both a Father and a Mother.

There are no scriptures that even imply in anyway that God is Father and Mother separately or together.

God calls Himself Father and His angels are called 'sons'.

Since that is what the Bible says, I will not try to detour from that truth.

popsthebuilder

I only want God's Truth.

God says that He is a Father.

That is what I will call Him, 'Father'.

I will not call Him 'Mother', and I will not teach that He is a She.

The only time a Queen of heaven is mentioned it is in regard to worshiping another god.

There are no scriptures that refer to God the Father as both a Father and a Mother.

There are no scriptures that even imply in anyway that God is Father and Mother separately or together.

God calls Himself Father and His angels are called 'sons'.

Since that is what the Bible says, I will not try to detour from that truth.
You are the only one speaking of a mother.

My whole point is that spirit isn't a guy or a girl and GOD is all encompassing. And created both guy and girl.

No one said you had to call GOD a her and you know it. I referred to GOD as IT and you try to tell me it's a guy.

Oh wait; that isn't what you are saying? And you aren't convicting me of sin, so then what is it you call yourself doing other than belittling my personal faith which I have already made clear?

Can you not grasp that GOD the Spirit that is in all and through which all exists and is sustained isn't limited to any sexualities?

You are bent on calling the Spirit he, which is fine if that's what you are comfortable with.

I have expressed that I am comfortable with any of the three but that GOD in truth and in fullness isn't limited to being a guy or a girl because it literally created both and encompasses and permeates all. So if you find it good to call IT HIM, then fine, but if you rebuke me about this again without just cause then I will indeed take great offence.

You attribute every possible characteristic to the male persona... I'm interested in no such thing as GOD is spirit and not one or two or three people.