The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

Wrong. No death, no remission of sin.

Can you show me where it says this in the bible please, written just like that? (above} Thanks

His DEATH saves anyone who calls upon His name

And where does it say this in the Bible? Written like that? (Above)

Christ came exclusively to die on the Cross of Calvary so that those who call upon His name He can bring up to Him.

Not according to Jesus

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

While He was here, He never saved anyone.
His miracles, while incredible, never saved anyone.
His healings, while awesome, never saved anyone.
His words, which no other man ever spoke, never saved anyone.

Really?

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 18:42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.

Therefore rejecting the only way to be saved

No, we are saved by the grace of God through faith, through our Lord Jesus Christ! We are then to continue in the goodness of God and live by his will, bare our cross, and endure to the end.

And here's a few other verses about salvation that don't include death

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 1

Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

God's Truth

Oh, foolish, foolish woman.

God took you out of His way so that He can save you.

God cleans us of the sins we repent of instead of our bringing animals to sacrifice.

You, gt, cannot do one thing that is sinless for God to save you.
It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus.
Jesus is the way and he tells us what to do to be saved.

You, exactly like the rest of humankind, are sinful and everything we bring to God that has not passed by the BLOOD of Christ is REJECTED by God.
hahahaha You have to repent of those sins in order for them to be passed through the blood.

What are you doing about that particular sinful sin you have not confessed and you have not repented of.
You have the scriptures and should know what is sinful. If you don't know, then how do you not know to stop doing them?

What do you, gt, do with the sin(s) you have not repented of because you, gt, forgot you sinned that particular sin that God sees as sin but you have forgotten to repent of just because you are human.

You mean a sin like sitting where a woman with a menstrual cycle sat?

You need to explain what you are talking about.

God's Truth

Can you show me where it says this in the bible please, written just like that? (above} Thanks

And where does it say this in the Bible? Written like that? (Above)

Not according to Jesus

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Really?

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 18:42 And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.

No, we are saved by the grace of God through faith, through our Lord Jesus Christ! We are then to continue in the goodness of God and live by his will, bare our cross, and endure to the end.

And here's a few other verses about salvation that don't include death

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 1

Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins.

God's Truth

I know and do believe the Christ payed for our past sins and the sins of the world with his own selfless sacrifice.

I just rather not focus on the spilled blood of the innocent; especially the perfectly innocent who did pay for the sins of all.

The Christ is not dead, not was the Spirit ever killed.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

There is no Greater Love than a Man who lays down his life for one's friends.

If one wants to be saved, then one must repent of those sins to the Father through the Son.

One must have faith that Jesus' blood washes away the sins they repent of doing.

God's Truth

Yes, I am aware.

That doesn't say we won't first experience death.

To assume otherwise (which isn't stated in scripture and especially not in the verse you showed) is vanity.

All will die.

Care for the scripture, or nah?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

There will be some alive when Jesus comes again.

Those who are alive when he comes, they will be changed in a twinkling of the eye.

Those who have died are with him in heaven and will receive their resurrected bodies.

marhig

Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins.
I agree. But the shedding of blood doesn't mean being scourged, brutally beaten mocked and murdered at the hands of wicked men doing the works of their father the devil!

If Jesus being murdered saves us, then Jesus wouldn't have had to ask the father to forgive those who crucified him, he even said to Pilate, those who have handed me over to you have committed the greater sin, so it was sinful to do what they did. And If they needed forgiveness, then what they did was a sin before God!

Thou shalt not kill means just that, and that includes murdering the holy son of the living God!

1 Thessalonians 2

For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

God's Truth

I agree. But the shedding of blood doesn't mean being scourged, brutally beaten mocked and murdered at the hands of wicked men doing the works of their father the devil!

You say you agree but then you say not the shedding of blood... What then do you mean?

God allowed it and it pleased Him. It was the plan before the creation of anything.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he has put him to grief: when you shall make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring, he shall prolong his days, and the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

If Jesus being murdered saves us, then Jesus wouldn't have had to ask the father to forgive those who crucified him,
Jesus says we must forgive in order to be forgiven. Just because Jesus forgave those people while suffering, does not mean those people are forgiven. Those people have to forgive others if they want to be forgiven. That is the way it is.

he even said to Pilate, those who have handed me over to you have committed the greater sin, so it was sinful to do what they did. And If they needed forgiveness, then what they did was a sin before God!

I was still God's plan for salvation. It is how the covenant was made.
Thou shalt not kill means just that, and that includes murdering the holy son of the living God!

1 Thessalonians 2

For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

Do you really not understand that it was the plan by God before the creation of the world?

marhig

You say you agree but then you say not the shedding of blood... What then do you mean?

God allowed it and it pleased Him. It was the plan before the creation of anything.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he has put him to grief: when you shall make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring, he shall prolong his days, and the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Jesus says we must forgive in order to be forgiven. Just because Jesus forgave those people while suffering, does not mean those people are forgiven. Those people have to forgive others if they want to be forgiven. That is the way it is.

I was still God's plan for salvation. It is how the covenant was made.

Do you really not understand that it was the plan by God before the creation of the world?

I never said that I don't agree about the shedding of the blood, I just don't see it as you do, and I don't believe that we are saved by the death of Jesus, but that we are saved through him, by believing in Christ Jesus, believing the gospel, and by the grace of God, through faith

Where does it mention Jesus being crucified to save us there in isaiah 53?

Making his soul an offering for sin, is Christ coming into this flesh to bare witness to the truth, and to suffer to do so. It pleased God to bruise him, because God knew that through Christs suffering, many would be saved through believing in him, through faith by the grace of God. He suffered to bare witness to the truth and that suffering included him denying his will, being persecuted, people baring false witness against him, being mocked, brutally scourged and murdered, yet he still gave out love, overcoming Satan and this world with the overwhelming love of God that filled his heart. And he even saved whilst dying on the cross, he saved the thief who had faith in him.

We are to partake in the sufferings of Christ, does that mean we have to be crucified too?

1 Peter 4:1

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

1 Peter 4:13

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1 Peter 2:21

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

As for your comment about forgiveness, I totally agree.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, it's past midnight here. :)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I never said that I don't agree about the shedding of the blood, I just don't see it as you do, and I don't believe that we are saved by the death of Jesus, but that we are saved through him, by believing in Christ Jesus, believing the gospel, and by the grace of God, through faith

Making his soul an offering for sin, is Christ coming into this flesh to bare witness to the truth, and to suffer to do so. It pleased God to bruise him, because God knew that through Christs suffering, many would be saved through believing in him, through faith by the grace of God. He suffered to bare witness to the truth and that suffering included him denying his will, being persecuted, people baring false witness against him, being mocked, brutally scourged and murdered, yet he still gave out love, overcoming Satan and this world with the overwhelming love of God that filled his heart. And he even saved whilst dying on the cross, he saved the thief who had faith in him.

We are to partake in the sufferings of Christ, does that mean we have to be crucified too?

1 Peter 4:1

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

1 Peter 4:13

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1 Peter 2:21

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

As for your comment about forgiveness, I totally agree.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, it's past midnight here. :)

Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the World. How does that happen? Through His death. The death of the sacrifice is paramount to the forgiveness of sin.

God's Truth

The gospel is that Jesus died for our sins and we enter the covenant of his blood when we believe and obey him; when we believe that his blood washes away our sins and that he reconciles us to God.

Isaiah 53:7 says, "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth."

Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isaiah 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he has poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.