The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

Luke: 23. 8. And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.

Did Jesus complied? Did Herod believe in Him anyway? Or Herod just wanted to do sport of Him to show off?

Job: 5. 15. But he saveth the poor from the sword, from their mouth, and from the hand of the mighty. 16. So the poor hath hope, and iniquity stoppeth her mouth. 17. Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: 18. For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole. 19. He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. 20. In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword. 21. Thou shalt be hid from the scourge of the tongue: neither shalt thou be afraid of destruction when it cometh. 22. At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts of the earth. 23. For thou shalt be in league with the stones of the field: and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with thee. 24. And thou shalt know that thy tabernacle shall be in peace; and thou shalt visit thy habitation, and shalt not sin. 25. Thou shalt know also that thy seed shall be great, and thine offspring as the grass of the earth. 26. Thou shalt come to thy grave in a full age, like as a shock of corn cometh in in his season. 27. Lo this, we have searched it, so it is; hear it, and know thou it for thy good.

God saves His people. My God is awesome!

Psalm: 31. 22. For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee. 23. O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. 24. Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Powerful verse.

Psalm: 33. 10. The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect. 11. The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. 12. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD: and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. 13. The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. 14. From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. 15. He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works. 16. There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. 17. An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength. 18. Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; 19. To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. 20. Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. 21. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. 22. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

The Lord will always judge justly.

I never said my being given faith hinged on me hoping for and praying for GOD'S/ Jesus's/ Christ's help.

So what kind of faith did you receive? You don’t have to answer though if you do not want to.

Do you realize that assuming is really close to lying?

I am not assuming anything. I speak from my understanding (not assumption) of what is being written at the moment I provide an answer.

We all do it at times, but it really seems like you're just trying to paint a picture with colors that do not reflect the actual realistic representation of the subject matter.

Good for letting me know that you use assumptions (not understanding) when answering something I wrote. At least you’re being honest and I appreciate that.

When I assume something I usually use ‘I am assuming’ in my responses.

Rosenritter

Clipping some for readability:

I'll have to correct you on this. Jesus was making a reference to them being Israelite Judges, I think you've forgotten, that John 10:34 is a quotation, Jesus is quoting the OT. This is evident since he said "Is it not written in your Law"just before saying "you are gods".

No, my typing didn't quite convey what I meant. It can happen when you have a newborn and you get distracted. I'll be more precise: Jesus was not referring to older Israelite judges, rather he was referring to the Pharisees, who were the current Israelite judges. No dispute that he is targeting the Pharisees, I hope?

Jesus was making a point stating that they were these gods.

Again, then Jesus makes no sense. If Jesus was calling them false judges then it makes no sense it relation to what the Jews were saying to him. If the Jews were accusing Jesus of being God, capital G, then how does a response of "are you not false gods" make sense.

How did you get "false judges" out of that? This is very simple. I'll answer your thought process step by step, maybe it will help:

Q: If the Jews were accusing Jesus of being God, capital G, ....
A: Technically, they were accusing him of impersonating God, or taking liberties that only belonged to God. Actually accusing him of being God would have taken faith and comprehension beyond where they were at.

Jesus was NOT making a separate statement he was ANSWERING them, they were accusing him of something and he was making a response in relation to that accusation, John 10:34 "Jesus answered them". Jesus answering to them "you are false gods" makes no sense ...

Christ's answer makes perfect sense. They say that he makes himself God, and he does not deny the charge. He says that he is their judge, the God that judges among the Gods. Jesus judges them, as God with a capital G. Their accusation of blasphemy is irrelevant against God Himself. What's wrong with your estimation of the situation is that Jesus somehow needed to protect himself from the Pharisees, as if he had a reason to be scared of them. This is the same Jesus that beheld Satan fall from heaven like lightning! This is the same Jesus that made the world. This is the same Jesus that says, before Abraham, I AM.

The Jews accusation: You Jesus make yourself God.
Jesus answer: Are you not false Gods?

Jesus answer to them makes no sense when viewed your way.

Of course your hypothetical version above makes no sense. He didn't say they were "pagan" gods. He said they were those gods, the corrupt princes who would die like men, that he would judge at the end of the world when he inherited the nations.

If the Jews said this "We are stoning you..for you, although being a man, make yourself God a god" and Jesus replied "are you not gods" then it makes perfect sense, since its clear that Jesus was comparing himself to a divinely appointment person that those judges spoken of in Psalms 82:1,6 were. Viewing the scripture in any other way makes Jesus stupid.

No, your version makes Jesus a little god that is a corrupt judge that will "die like men, and fall like one of the princes." Maybe you're forgetting this, but Jesus ROSE, and will inherit all nations. The GOD that judges among the gods, of verse 8.

Again please answer me, how does Jesus "answer" of "are you not false gods" answer the charge for blasphemny. Remember the scripture states Jesus was "answering them", thus you need to explain how you interpretation makes sense in relation to the accusation and the answer Jesus gave.

He one upped them.

He did not deny that He made himself GOD, he PROVED that he made himself God, and told them that He would be judging them.

Are you forgetting how they reacted to the answer? They picked up stones again to stone him. If he had denied being God, and made himself a "little g" there would have been no stones. Jesus was NOT a Jehovah's Witness, Jesus was Jehovah in the flesh.

This Circular and relying on a false premise to support your point. God is immune to charges of blasphemy but the scriptures state Jesus was "answering" the charge, ..

It does answer it. He isn't under their jurisdiction, and that's exactly what he said. You may not be familiar with this, but no matter what you are charged in a court of law, a challenge to the jurisdiction must be answered first. God is not to be judged by men, rather God judges men. You've somehow got in your mind that Jesus needed to play by their rules. He who raised the dead plays by His own rules and with His timing.

No he didn't, you have to be illietrate to claim such a thing, Jesus was making a claim that he was Gods son, not God.

The Son of God is God manifest in the flesh. See Paul's writings in Hebrews when he describes what it means to be made like unto "the Son of God." Without beginning or end of days, abiding continually. Paul's an actual Jew and understands what the term means, better than someone born 2000 years too late, in a country on the other side of the globe.

Rosenritter

You can consider this a "bicker-fest" if you like, but your desire to conflate terms is YOUR problem.

Yes, I'm sure that they are not synonyms. That's why BOTH terms are used and REPEATED in the Bible.

Note that it says "King of Kings" AND "Lord of Lords".

1Tim 6:15 (KJV)
(6:15) Which in his times he shall shew, [who][ is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Rev 17:14 (KJV)
(17:14) These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev 19:16 (KJV)
(19:16) And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

You do realize that the Bible does use parallel repetition for emphasis? Or maybe you didn't. Those two phrases are synonymous. Neither one is superior to the other, or used with different meaning.

God's Truth

The only way to get into God's plan of Salvation is BELIEVE in the Way He has provided.

James says faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and then right after that he warns us to obey. Do you really want to go against the apostles to the Lamb?

They are the apostles to the Lamb and they did not say Paul had another different gospel where people only had to believe!

The two apostles to the Lamb say we have to obey.

lifeisgood

No.... Because all they do is lip service while knowingly going against the will of GOD behind closed doors.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Really, popsthebuilder, prophesying, driving demons out, performing miracles all behind closed doors? Really?

No, they said, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'

Nothing about being behind closed doors. They were prophesying in Jesus' name; driving demons in Jesus' name; performing many miracles in Jesus' name.

All that doing and being rejected by the Lord.

God's Truth

Exactly, because they are bringing THEIR way of salvation, which has already categorically been rejected by God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) before the foundation of the world.
You are trying hard to twist the Truth; it will not go well for you.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

You should bring the rest of the conversation, and not simply pluck certain verses that you like out of its original context, you know, the part that says, 'hey, look at all that we did. Look at us. Didn't we do this in your name? Didn't we do that in your name?'

Notice that the Lord did not negate that they had done all they said they had done in His name. He rejected them however.

All that doing and being rejected by the Lord.

hahahahhahahahaaaa!

I go further in the the passage and it rebukes you further.

They. did. not. REPENT. of. their. sins. they. kept. sinning. while. they. did. things. in. Jesus' name.

Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

They still sinned and never REPENTED.

Do you really think that they were rebuked by Jesus for doing right???!!!

How is it EVER EVIL to obey God?

You do not understand the scripture because you were ensnared to preach against obedience!

lifeisgood

James says faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and then right after that he warns us to obey. Do you really want to go against the apostles to the Lamb?

They are the apostles to the Lamb and they did not say Paul had another different gospel where people only had to believe!

The two apostles to the Lamb say we have to obey.

You do not know of what kind of faith James is talking about.

Paul, Peter, James, etc., Genesis to Revelation, all written to ALREADY SAVED ones.

popsthebuilder

Did Jesus complied? Did Herod believe in Him anyway? Or Herod just wanted to do sport of Him to show off?

Powerful verse.

So what kind of faith did you receive? You don’t have to answer though if you do not want to.

I am not assuming anything. I speak from my understanding (not assumption) of what is being written at the moment I provide an answer.

Good for letting me know that you use assumptions (not understanding) when answering something I wrote. At least you’re being honest and I appreciate that.

What kind of faith did I receive? That is a very loaded question.

To put it exceedingly simply; I received faith in the existence of GOD.

Like I said; I can pm it to you if you want, bit won't be posting it here.

lifeisgood

You are trying hard to twist the Truth; it will not go well for you.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

hahahahhahahahaaaa!

I go further in the the passage and it rebukes you further.

They. did. not. REPENT. of. their. sins. they. kept. sinning. while. they. did. things. in. Jesus' name.

Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

They still sinned and never REPENTED.

Do you really think that they were rebuked by Jesus for doing right???!!!

How is it EVER EVIL to obey God?

You do not understand the scripture because you were ensnared to preach against obedience!

gt, this post proves that you really, really, really do not read for comprehension.

popsthebuilder

Powerful verse.

Herod had heard and hoped

Rosenritter

To whom is Romans written to, Rosenritter? To BElievers, Rosenritter.

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 5 by whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 6 among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: 7 to all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

It doesn't matter who Romans was written to, Paul says that God will reward those who with well doing seeks after honor and glory and immortality with eternal life. You said that we couldn't seek after salvation. Eternal life and salvation are pretty closely connected her. We are supposed to seek after salvation.

I can't prove why you are so contentious, but it feels like you're on a Calvinist kick of "No one can seek God unless God forces them" theme. If that's not it, okay, but if that is it, you're wrong.

Deuteronomy 4:29 KJV
(29) But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.