The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Not a trick question. Can an innocent mind doubt God? The answer is no. Disobedience is Evil and thus the knowledge of good and evil is required for mankind to obey.

Innocence knows that God is Truthful. Only maliciousness would plant the idea in the innocent mind of children that Hod lies.

To follow Law, Good and Evil must be known.

Did Adam and Eve know evil to disobey God before Genesis 3?

Who swayed their innocent minds towards evil and who does God hold responsible for sin?

Hint. 1 John 3:8

Correction. God not Hod

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
We are required to enter into God rest now, or we will not enter into the coming rest of the creation then.

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Hebrews 4 goes on to tie faith to salvation. Faith and faith alone. Like Exodus 14:14

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I haven't physically heard Him. I only have prayer, scripture and God the Holy Spirit.

That's enough for me though. Have you heard Jesus?

Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Except all sinners were never under Old Covenant law.

Yes they are. All the sons of Adam are born under and declared guilty because of Adam's federal representation.

When Adam sinned, sin was imputed by God to all his biological seed.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I thought I was talking to a scholar. My mistake.

No, you are receiving the witness of an old grandmother, who is still a student of Covenant Theology.

It would be better for you, in the eyes of the Lord, to treat me with Christian respect, despite my years, gender, and lack of scholarly credentials . . for I am His beloved child for whom He died.

Romans 8:33

Rosenritter

The core values of the Decalogue are of the same essence as the original commands given to Adam in the garden.

Explain please. "Do not eat of the tree" is the only recorded commandment from Eden. How do you see "the same essence" in the "decalogue?"

Rosenritter

Yes they are. All the sons of Adam are born under and declared guilty because of Adam's federal representation.

When Adam sinned, sin was imputed by God to all his biological seed.

Adam wasn't under the Old Covenant either. Adam lived and died before Moses was ever born, before there was a Mount Sinai.