The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
One-Une-Modal & Tri-three-Plural

One-Une-Modal & Tri-three-Plural

Where are you EE? Are you going to answer the question?

One Spirit
One Body
One Soul

One Name

(Dt. 6:4)

Now your turn... please answer about the scripture I asked for from you without denying its presence in scripture and Christ usage of it ... it is even present by God in the Old and New Testament.

Psalm 110:1

keypurr

Here is another, earlier, and perhaps better, example of this:

The sun had risen upon the earth when Lot entered Zoar. Then the LORD [YHWH] rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD [YHWH] out of the heavens. So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground. - Genesis 19:23-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis19:23-25&version=NKJV

0e1f26ec5bafa7bf9a67045e7483bbb8.jpg

I question if the "Angel of the LORD" is Christ but I have not ruled it out.

keypurr

The only time this comes up, however, is during this conversation and you are immovable.

Problem: It assumes the Trinity isn't true. There is no place else to go once you decided that.

Oh yes there is an open road to truth Lon.

On this matter, we do. I have a thread with 340 pages that discuss this topic, most without banter.

I would bet that my views are not in it.

For the most part, age isn't a factor, barring a brain injury, abuse, or disease. I don't really have much to say but one time a student told me I was 'stupid.' I responded, "If I am stupid, and my IQ is 50 above yours or more, what does that mean about you?" :think: I think JRightly is saying 'foolish.' The student was questioning my academic prowess.

Oner must also consider that some are more gifted than others.

Can't be, according to Scriptures. That is why I call it blasphemy.

Your wrong, I post that Jesus Christ is my Lord not my God. He was sent by his and my God.

This might be difficult, but with a 134 IQ, you may grasp it. 1) I agree with you that the Lord Jesus Christ has a Father God. 2) I don't assume 'a god' like you do. Rather John 1:1 gives, I believe, the answer to your conundrum: ...was with and was God...
There is no ability to understand with/was unless it comes with an ascent, that somehow both must necessarily be true. JW's literally 'add' a word Matthew 5:18 Revelation 22:19 If I had to do that, I would start writing 'my' ideas into scripture. "a" small as it is, just isn't there. In fact 'the' is the word that is there. T
John 1:1 Was/with God. It is clear.
Not a completed sentence, but I suspect John 1:1 again. John 20:28 as well. I have a thread that is wholly dedicated to the scriptures. Look at it. It isn't for debate, it is simply to consider scriptures. Notice my only contributions are to add scriptures as well as explain why I believe they demand what we believe we demand. Look at that thread. There is no creed, denomination, or tradition discussion that you accuse us of that I remember in those pages. PPS does eventually discuss with us how modern churches have missed the ball on a few counts.

:think: I have a 340 page thread of mostly scriptures. I've had Anti-Trinitarians removed for causing disruption instead of using scripture and discussing so the wading through dross is kept to a minimal. The scripture are about Jesus and using His words. He indeed, is calling. -Lon

Your problem is you think nothing is debatable with some verses like John 1:1.

Sometime we need to search the content of all the verse combined.

Lon

Your problem is you think nothing is debatable with some verses like John 1:1.

Sometime we need to search the content of all the verse combined.
In this case, the proceeding verse as well as all of John echoes that Jesus is God. You've been down this road long enough to know all of John is a thorn to Arians and Unitarians. John very clearly says that Jesus is God in all he wrote.

God's Truth

One Spirit
One Body
One Soul

One Name

(Dt. 6:4)

Now your turn... please answer about the scripture I asked for from you without denying its presence in scripture and Christ usage of it ... it is even present by God in the Old and New Testament.

Psalm 110:1

I have no idea what you are talking about, you will have to explain better.

Let's talk more about what you admitted, and that is that there is only ONE DIVINE SPIRIT.

Now tell me is God the Father a Spirit?

I am going to take this real slow with you.

So please answer that question on if God is Spirit. Thank you.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I have no idea what you are talking about, you will have to explain better.

Let's talk more about what you admitted, and that is that there is only ONE DIVINE SPIRIT.

Now tell me is God the Father a Spirit?

I am going to take this real slow with you.

So please answer that question on if God is Spirit. Thank you.

God the Father is THEE SPIRIT.
God the Son is THEE BODY of GOD.
God the Holy Spirit is the SOUL of GOD.

The name of GOD is Jesus.

2nd time answered.

Now... could you please explain why you are afraid of the scripture where God refers to God's self as Father, Son or Holy Spirit?

Why do you deny the scripture where God the Son or God the Father addresses God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit. This further shows that God is distinguished as 3 within ONE.

And your response? (Hoping it's full of less empty avoidance than the kind I got from [MENTION=11262]Silent Hunter[/MENTION] on another thread... the other day.)

keypurr

In this case, the proceeding verse as well as all of John echoes that Jesus is God. You've been down this road long enough to know all of John is a thorn to Arians and Unitarians. John very clearly says that Jesus is God in all he wrote.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

ONLY TRUE GOD.......what does that say Lon?

John is a great book for me.

God's Truth

God the Father is THEE SPIRIT.
God the Son is THEE BODY of GOD.
God the Holy Spirit is the SOUL of GOD.

A soul is a BODY with a spirit. So that does NOT make the Holy Spirit a soul. The Holy Spirit is a SPIRIT.
The name of GOD is Jesus.
What is the Father's name?

2nd time answered.
No, you haven't been answering.

For another thing, I asked you one question and wanted you to take this slowly.

So now I will ask the next question, and that is if Jesus is Spirit?

Now... could you please explain why you are afraid of the scripture where God refers to God's self as Father, Son or Holy Spirit?

I am not afraid and I have explained many times.

Why do you deny the scripture where God the Son or God the Father addresses God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit. This further shows that God is distinguished as 3 within ONE.

And your response? (Hoping it's full of less empty avoidance than the kind I got from [MENTION=11262]Silent Hunter[/MENTION] on another thread... the other day.)

Again, answer my questions and acknowledge your error of calling the Holy SPIRIT the SOUL. lol

Is Jesus Spirit, and tell me what God's name is.

I am waiting for your reply so that I can possibly show you your errors.

Rosenritter

It's clear to those who can receive/decomai.

How do you ever get that I'm trying to prove that no one in the Bible has not ever seen a ghost?

Depending on your definition of "ghost" there is an occasion where a ghost was seen. Saul went to visit a witch who attempted to summon Samuel. Regardless of whether you agree with those of the reformation period (King James, John Calvin, Martin Luther) that this apparition was a demonic hoax, or if you are a spiritualist that believes that witches have the power to summon apparitions of saints from the dead, that would qualify as a "ghost" ...

Maybe I'm getting confused by the double negatives in the statement, and don't understand the question.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Depending on your definition of "ghost" there is an occasion where a ghost was seen. Saul went to visit a witch who attempted to summon Samuel. Regardless of whether you agree with those of the reformation period (King James, John Calvin, Martin Luther) that this apparition was a demonic hoax, or if you are a spiritualist that believes that witches have the power to summon apparitions of saints from the dead, that would qualify as a "ghost" ...

Maybe I'm getting confused by the double negatives in the statement, and don't understand the question.

If you click on that little purple arrow under my name in that post it will carry you back to a post by GT. I was merely responding to her in her particular way of using words in a sentence.

I wasn't actually arguing that no one in the Bible had seen a ghost. She likes to assume that another poster has an argument that they don't actually have.

Rosenritter

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Evil Eye
I'm willing to bet a Kit-Kat that @Rosenritter isn't a "modalist".

It depends who is doing the defining. I don't call myself Modalist. If we are using the definition at https://carm.org/modalist, then no, but some people might call me Modalist. If we use the same website for Trinity from https://carm.org/what-is-the-trinity, I wouldn't call myself Trinitarian by that definition either. Too much philosophy rather than use of plain scripture, definitions hammered out while ignoring inconvenient passages that contradict said definitions.

If Jesus cared about whether someone was "Trinitarian" or not, don't you think he would have given a plain easy to understand statement as such? Him, or at least one of the apostles? Jesus identified himself as God, and emphatically stated that there is one God. As for this debate about "persons" then the Bible only uses the word "person" in the singular sense, when referring to God. I have looked and haven't seen the word used with plural. Someone show me if I missed one...

[h=1]Job 13:8[/h]
“Will ye accept his person? will ye contend for God?”

Hebrews 1:1-3

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
[h=1]

[/h]If you use the text of Hebrews above, God is one person. It does not say "the Father" but rather "God." Just saying, this talk of "three persons" and "exclusively three persons" etc isn't strictly biblically derived. If someone is being exact, using scripture as source, then God is ONE PERSON.

I am not worried about whether religious types care to condemn or define others until the cows come home, I'm content to take scripture as it's given. If the Bible says that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one, that's good enough for me. If the bible scriptures make the Father and Jesus the same in their statements and treatment, then we will accept that too.

In all, if you could only choose one, which would you rather have:
1) the entire world understanding the exact nature and metaphysics of God?
2) the entire world understanding the message and gospel of God, and putting it in practice?

Rosenritter

Here is another, earlier, and perhaps better, example of this:

The sun had risen upon the earth when Lot entered Zoar. Then the LORD [YHWH] rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD [YHWH] out of the heavens. So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground. - Genesis 19:23-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis19:23-25&version=NKJV

0e1f26ec5bafa7bf9a67045e7483bbb8.jpg

Couldn't that ALSO make sense if the LORD was big enough to be both in heaven and earth at the same time?

The world is a hamster cage in this analogy. If I owned a cage of hamsters, Rosenritter (my hand is in the cage) could rain down food from the sky (my other hand is outside the cage). That doesn't make me a plurality just because a hamster might loose scope of what happens outside and inside the cage at the same time.

Seeing that God was able to create the universe, he doesn't depend on its being for his own existence. So... he can be both on earth and in heaven at the same time, no? No plurality required. One human can have two hands in different locations at once, one God can have presence in more than one location at a time.

God's Truth

If you click on that little purple arrow under my name in that post it will carry you back to a post by GT. I was merely responding to her in her particular way of using words in a sentence.

I wasn't actually arguing that no one in the Bible had seen a ghost. She likes to assume that another poster has an argument that they don't actually have.

What you say about me is not the truth.

God's Truth

God is Spirit. A spirit can sometimes be seen even though invisible.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature
:

aoratos
Thayer Definition:
that which can not be seen, e.g. invisible

You haven't disproved or proven anything.

You will not ever be able to prove that no one in the Bible has not ever seen a ghost.

It's clear to those who can receive/decomai.

How do you ever get that I'm trying to prove that no one in the Bible has not ever seen a ghost?

Anyone who can see, they can see that you were saying a spirit/ghost cannot be seen. You even underlined and put in bold letters the words ‘that which cannot be seen'.

Now stop telling untruths about me.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Anyone who can see, they can see that you were saying a spirit/ghost cannot be seen. You even underlined and put in bold letters the words ‘that which cannot be seen'.

Now stop telling untruths about me.

Good grief lady, I was talking about GOD being infinite Spirit and provided the Greek word from the text that describes GOD as invisible.
You brought in the word 'ghost', I didn't.
GOD as infinite Spirit is invisible and cannot be seen.

What may be seen of GOD is the appearances of the WORD as the Angel of YHVH and in the incarnation of the WORD as Jesus Christ.

You have yet to show a post of me saying that a ghost in the Scriptures cannot be seen.

God's Truth

Good grief lady, I was talking about GOD being infinite Spirit and provided the Greek word from the text that describes GOD as invisible.
What don't you get? I KNOW that is what you were talking about.

You also don't seem to realize that God is Spirit, as in Ghost, as the KJV says, and He is invisible, BUT HAS BEEN SEEN IN THE SPIRIT.

You brought in the word 'ghost', I didn't.
GOD as infinite Spirit is invisible and cannot be seen.

What may be seen of GOD is the appearances of the WORD as the Angel of YHVH and in the incarnation of the WORD as Jesus Christ.

You have yet to show a post of me saying that a ghost in the Scriptures cannot be seen.

God's Truth

God is invisible. That is about being Spirit. That is about not having a physical body.

However, a spirit can be seen sometimes.

We have scriptures where God the Father, in the Spirit, was seen.

Just to name one, Stephen saw Jesus at the right hand of the Father.