The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you saying you do not believe we have spirits?

Do you not believe that we have spirits that live on after the death of our bodies?

The Greek 'pneuma' is translated 'spirit, wind, breath, etc.' What do they all have in common...invisibility.

We don't know what 'spirit' is, but it is like 'breath, wind' in that it is invisible.

GOD has given us an analogy of things that we know, 'wind, breath', in order to give us understanding of something we don't know, 'spirit'.

Yes, I believe we have a spirit and it is the invisible, non-tangible core being of us and it is bodiless unless inhabiting this body or a different intermediate body supplied from above until the resurrection.

God's Truth

The Holy Ghost came down like a dove when Jesus was baptised. Does this mean that the Holy Spirit is a dove?

Jesus' post-resurrection body was literally flesh made spirit, so of course it looked like his physical body.

Jesus' post resurrection body is a Spiritual body, which means it will not die.

Spirits do not die and the body we will be given will not die either.

Notice you did not answer my question.

The apostles thought Jesus was a ghost BEFORE he died too.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We are flesh and spirit.

Our spirit makes our body a soul.

Is a body an eternal thing? No. A physical body will decay. Our soul is our consciousness, our feelings. Our spirit is who we are, and is what resides in our body.

Those who will be separated from God for eternity will only be spirit, they will not have physical bodies, nor will they be able to harm anyone other than themselves.

God's Truth

Is a body an eternal thing? No. A physical body will decay. Our soul is our consciousness, our feelings. Our spirit is who we are, and is what resides in our body.

Those who will be separated from God for eternity will only be spirit, they will not have physical bodies, nor will they be able to harm anyone other than themselves.

Our spirits look like us.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus' post resurrection body as a Spiritual body, which means it will not die.

Spirits do not die and the body we will be given will not die either.

What happened to Jesus' physical body? The one that was buried in the tomb? It didn't decompose, nor was it removed from the linens...

Notice you did not answer my question.

The apostles thought Jesus was a ghost BEFORE he died too.

If you saw someone walking on the water towards your boat in the middle of the storm, would you not think it was a ghost too?

Just because they thought He was a ghost doesn't make Him a ghost.

God's Truth

What happened to Jesus' physical body? The one that was buried in the tomb? It didn't decompose, nor was it removed from the linens...

Removed from the linens?

If you saw someone walking on the water towards your boat in the middle of the storm, would you not think it was a ghost too?

Do you get it now? YOU said a spirit/ghost does NOT look like us.

Now you get it that it does?

Just because they thought He was a ghost doesn't make Him a ghost.

Now you are contradicting yourself.

Did Jesus say a ghost doesn't have the appearance of a man? No.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Our spirits look like us.
Our spirits are our "likeness." that's not a physical likeness though, its our character, and who we are.

If I were to create a clay model of a human, i could say I created it in my image. I could not say I created in my likeness, because it is not alive, it's not personal, it's not good (in that it does not have the ability to be good, not that I am good), it's not relational, and it can't love.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Removed from the linens?

Do you get it now? YOU said a spirit/ghost does NOT look like us.

Now you get it that it does?

Now you are contradicting yourself.

Did Jesus say a ghost doesn't have the appearance of a man? No.
It seems you and I are thinking of two different kinds of "ghosts."

The one I was talking about, "wouldn't you think it was a ghost?", is not the same as spirit.

In fact, a different word is used in the Greek. It's not pneuma, which, as Steko said, means breath or wind.

Instead, the word used is phantasma.

When the ho · de disciples math?t?s saw him autos walking peripate? on epi the ho sea thalassa, they were frightened tarass? and said leg? , “ It is eimi a ghost phantasma !” And kai they cried out kraz? in apo · ho fear phobos . - Matthew 14:26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew14:26&version=MOUNCE

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=g5326

Phantasma means and appearance or an apparition, or spectre.

GotQuestions.com seems to have a good understanding of the difference...

https://www.gotquestions.org/Holy-Spirit-Ghost.html

God's Truth

Our spirits are our "likeness." that's not a physical likeness though, its our character, and who we are.

If I were to create a clay model of a human, i could say I created it in my image. I could not say I created in my likeness, because it is not alive, it's not personal, it's not good (in that it does not have the ability to be good, not that I am good), it's not relational, and it can't love.

I have no idea what you mean.

As for our conversation, I have proven with scripture that a spirit/ghost looks like a human.

Matthew 14:26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

God's Truth

It seems you and I are thinking of two different kinds of "ghosts."

The one I was talking about, "wouldn't you think it was a ghost?", is not the same as spirit.

In fact, a different word is used in the Greek. It's not pneuma, which, as Steko said, means breath or wind.

Instead, the word used is phantasma.

When the ho · de disciples math?t?s saw him autos walking peripate? on epi the ho sea thalassa, they were frightened tarass? and said leg? , “ It is eimi a ghost phantasma !” And kai they cried out kraz? in apo · ho fear phobos . - Matthew 14:26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew14:26&version=MOUNCE

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=g5326

Phantasma means and appearance or an apparition, or spectre.

GotQuestions.com seems to have a good understanding of the difference...

https://www.gotquestions.org/Holy-Spirit-Ghost.html

Got questions is not debating here.

Debate in your own words.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” - Genesis 1:26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:26&version=NKJV

As for our conversation, I have proven with scripture that a spirit/ghost looks like a human.

Matthew 14:26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

See my above post.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

So, according to your logic, then since a spirit looks like a human being and since GOD is spirit then He looks like a human being. Right?

God's Truth

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” - Genesis 1:26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:26&version=NKJV

See my above post.

We are FLESH and SPIRIT.

Hebrews 12:9, Zechariah 12:1, and Malachi 2:15.

Zechariah 12:1 shows us that the spirit has a form

The scripture where the apostles thought they saw a ghost was really Jesus...which proves a ghost/spirit looks like a human.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A Spiritual physical body is NOT the same as our spirit which is INVISIBLE, or should I say see-through, so that you can understand better.

I know what invisible means. You don't need to redefine the term.

Was Jesus visible? Yes, after his resurrection, he wad seen by many, even passing through a wall at one point. Was he a ghost (aka "phantasma")? No. Was He in spirit form? Yes.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We are made in God's image. We look like God.
Image:

69de0701f28302493b20645905fbbbab.jpg

7256e9d096839c9af91067c3d12d20a6.jpg

Likeness:

8611f32ca5dde5ce6b8d1f6f50a970ea.jpg

af7f4cc10830b9f17e822f9fba56292a.jpg