The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

The Bible disproves your Oneness. The Bible says it is the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Spirit.

I already told you that there are three.
You calling me Oneness after I have explained to you before that I do not have the same beliefs as Oneness is just plain evil.

keypurr

The Trinity

What? No comments about Nathan's points? That's the main reason I wanted you to listen to it...

It's not a book. It's a CD/MP3 Download for you to listen to.

Thank you again my brother but I can buy it when I get caught up on my books. Bob sounds like a very nice person but I find the few sermons I have heard boring. It always on things that I have discussed many times, over and over.

Sixty years ago we had a dynamic preacher in the church I went to with my wife. He kept you on the edge of your seat, I got spoiled no one has held my interest more than he did. But at the time I was an agnostic. I was brought up a Baptist but lost my faith when I was old enough to read for myself. So I spent many hours with this Pastor who had a Phd. I found that he was only knowledgeable on his church teachings. He even thought that the Book of Revelation was not to be known. But we had respect for each other and he asked if I would teach in Sunday school, I told him only if I could express my thoughts, Needless to say, I could only teach from their lesson plan. So I declined. Years later I served on the church board. But the day came when I had to follow my heart and leave the church. Folks close to me did not understand why I could no longer sit and soak in church any more. I paid a price for my Lord. But I can never go back, God and his Son come first.

I miss the church but I do not believe in it.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Thank you again my brother but I can buy it when I get caught up on my books. Bob sounds like a very nice person but I find the few sermons I have heard boring. It always on things that I have discussed many times, over and over.

Sixty years ago we had a dynamic preacher in the church I went to with my wife. He kept you on the edge of your seat, I got spoiled no one has held my interest more than he did. But at the time I was an agnostic. I was brought up a Baptist but lost my faith when I was old enough to read for myself. So I spent many hours with this Pastor who had a Phd. I found that he was only knowledgeable on his church teachings. He even thought that the Book of Revelation was not to be known. But we had respect for each other and he asked if I would teach in Sunday school, I told him only if I could express my thoughts, Needless to say, I could only teach from their lesson plan. So I declined. Years later I served on the church board. But the day came when I had to follow my heart and leave the church. Folks close to me did not understand why I could no longer sit and soak in church any more. I paid a price for my Lord. But I can never go back, God and his Son come first.

I miss the church but I do not believe in it.

Sent from my iPad using TOL
Keypurr, other than on the internet, do you fellowship at all with any other believers?

Reactions: Lon

keypurr

Keypurr, other than on the internet, do you fellowship at all with any other believers?

I try to fellowship everyday with all in my life contacts. Before I retired we had a prayer group at work. It consisted of guys from different churches who just wanted to share God's love as they saw it to be. But now most of my prayer buddies are gone and my fellowship has dwindled down to the internet. I truly am a Lone Ranger in a couple of ways. TOL is my church, I do not agree with most folks here, but I love them all.

I miss the music most. It was the only time I felt God might be nearby.

God's Truth

I, lifeisgood, am not insulting gt.

And as for the 'learn to debate' issue, should I use your example when you debated AMR? No, thank you.

gt's mere opinion that repeating to gt, gt's own words is an insult to gt, then that is gt's issue.

There is only One Divine Spirit.

Jesus is God. Jesus is the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I will discuss scriptures and not something you read somewhere if that is what you mean.

Hmmmmm... Okay...

Then I will start by establishing our common ground. You and I both embrace the UNE or Modal of God. (Deut. 6:4 and Rev. 4:2). I will also suggest that we both agree that Jesus is the very true NAME of God.

Now for the scriptural teaser...

Why is this so?

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.​

God's Truth

Hmmmmm... Okay...

Then I will start by establishing our common ground. You and I both embrace the UNE or Modal of God. (Deut. 6:4 and Rev. 4:2). I will also suggest that we both agree that Jesus is the very true NAME of God.
Now for the scriptural teaser...

Why is this so?

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.​

I don't play games. Say what you want and we can talk about it.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I don't play games. So what you want and we can talk about it.

Hi GT,

I wasn't playing any games. I was showing where we agree and then I asked for your explanation of why Jesus said what He said in John 16:7.

That was a specific question meant to further our discussion. Is that okay?

Why is this so... or more specifically, why does Jesus have to "go away" for the "Comforter" to be sent?

God's Truth

Hi GT,

I wasn't playing any games. I was showing where we agree and then I asked for your explanation of why Jesus said what He said in John 16:7.

You called it a teaser.

That was a specific question meant to further our discussion. Is that okay?

No, not quite. You have something to say, then say it, for I have made many comments and questions to you on this topic and you refuse to answer or reply to in any way.

Why is this so... or more specifically, why does Jesus have to "go away" for the "Comforter" to be sent?

You don't need to repeat the question, you need to give your beliefs and spell it out.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You called it a teaser.

No, not quite. You have something to say, then say it, for I have made many comments and questions to you on this topic and you refuse to answer or reply to in any way.

You don't need to repeat the question, you need to give your beliefs and spell it out.

GT,

I'm quoting John 16:7 and asking you why Jesus says "He must go away" to "send" the "Comforter". I'm asking you this because Jesus is on record as stating that He must "go away" to "send" "the Comforter".

This shouldn't be difficult and I apologize for using the word teaser. I was trying to suggest that I enjoyed our discussion last time and wanted to continue with positive excitement.

I am pointing out that Jesus made a statement that peers into the TriUnity and to state that Jesus isn't "going away" ... as He does in Acts 1... would then be saying that He was using "deceptive" verbiage.

You made it clear that you wanted to discuss scripture alone, so I'm respecting your words.

I'm specifically asking you why Jesus worded John 16:7 as He did.

God's Truth

GT,

I'm quoting John 16:7 and asking you why Jesus says "He must go away" to "send" the "Comforter". I'm asking you this because Jesus is on record as stating that He must "go away" to "send" "the Comforter".

This shouldn't be difficult and I apologize for using the word teaser. I was trying to suggest that I enjoyed our discussion last time and wanted to continue with positive excitement.

I am pointing out that Jesus made a statement that peers into the TriUnity and to state that Jesus isn't "going away" ... as He does in Acts 1... would then be saying that He was using "deceptive" verbiage.

You made it clear that you wanted to discuss scripture alone, so I'm respecting your words.

I'm specifically asking you why Jesus worded John 16:7 as He did.

You need to first be able to explain why you think he said he was going away. I know why, but if you want to use that scripture to prove your beliefs, then you are going to have to prove to me you know what it means. So far what you say here does not show you understand.